Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, September 1, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:40 AM

Happy Birthday Dylan!!!

Good morning all, hope you have a great day to relax, take a drive and or catch some football

Just got back from Home Depot with a load of Pergo and Hardwood to install at the house looking forward to wrapping this project up.

Lou, thanks for the tips, there was a little moisture in the drywall behind the fridge.....the boys from Servepro drilled a few holes in the rock on the inside of a closet and were able to use a fan to dry it out. Easy repair and will be hidden for the most part anyway by the base.

Wish you all the best this weekend, take some time to enjoy your ride!

Last edited by RonBoySS; 09-01-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by zjerry
Happy Birthday Dylan..
Good Morning Everyone..
I have to work sunday & monday..
But monday I get to drive USPS tow truck in parade..

Hi `Jerry, is it a Ford or Chevy ?
Is it a flat bed tow truck ?
Is it SuperCharged ? LOL
I also have to work Saturday, Sunday, Monday (all week)
EnJoy your work `off time 4-Sure ~> EnJoy

Nice Tow Truck Shipped by UPS

Old 09-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning MCF.

Happy Birthday Dylan!

Gotta try and see if I can get the driver side roof moulding done on the Monte today. I did the passenger side last week on my days off from work. Turned out really well. I used a tube of automotive adhesive. It's not the windshield glue that JG Mike suggested. But one step below that. Says it's good for almost everything except windshields. Been on there for over a week now with no obvious problems. Now I gotta take the driver's side moulding off and do that one.

The hard part is gonna be getting the double sided tape off the moulding. The tape won't stick to the car worth crap, but it sure sticks to the moulding well. And yes, I did clean the channel and removed any wax and stuff from inside the channel. Double sided foam tape just don't cut it.

Gotta use NASA approved, outer space grade, super-industrial glue. Or maybe I'll just hold it down with drywall screws or railroad spikes. LOL

Old 09-01-2012, 08:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Happy 18 Birthday ? I've got socks older then you . Hey Man have a great day and enjoy the weekend RON nice way to spend the weekend. Hope all goes well for you. Maybe next weekend we can get together. Looks like were both going to be busy this weekend

Old 09-01-2012, 09:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

TRUE words

Old 09-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone
Dylan

Old 09-01-2012, 09:10 AM

Good Luck Ron on getting it dry & getting it fixed

* Good Luck `Lou (Taz) on getting it to `stick. It's great to read that your other one stuck good with the adhesive you purchased...If `it's good you will have to share it with other member's that may get or have the same problem as yours.

*** Rick, do socks really last that long (I still hate wearing socks & shoes & really don't like to have to wear steel toed shoes in the warehouse...It's like my feet become prisoners (LOL) I was born without shoes, and that's the way I like `it `Rick, I hope that you enjoy your busy weekend with family EnJoy 4-Sure.

**** Seattle `Mike, your area gave you & your August Monte of the Month excellent weather...Congrat's on your win & for sharing your award winning Monte with the World...
Shortly, a new member will be crowned September MOTM

Wish everyone a Super Safe Fun Holiday Weekend > EnJoy

Old 09-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy birthday Dylan!

Happy labor day week-end every one!

Took Wify's Liz for an oil change this morning.
Going to take mom out to get some new clothes (hers date back to the 70's).

Deciding on a new mod for the Deuce (ya know I am never done) maybe new flames painted on to replace the decals I have now, or lowering it. I don't know yet.

You all have a Montefull day today!

Old 09-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy..........uhh.............Birthday.........uh h.......what the *bleep* is his name again?...........shoulda used a script.........like they told me to.

By the way...

Is it just me, or is he starting to look like Doc Brown?

Old 09-01-2012, 09:36 AM

LoL `Lou, I like Dirty Harry, it's one of the few movie's
I got to watch growing `up...He sure has aged, but he is 82 now Many don't make it that far...I did catch at part of his speech & laugh when he said "I don't know how he can `do that to himself"

mmmmh"I 4-got how I'm going to *Make my `Day" LOL
I don't like the choices we have for president , but I shall refrain from being politic's on2 the MCF 4-Sure..

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, September 1, 2012