Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, October 13th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hopefully be up an running soon

Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Good Morning Keane, is it the type of frost that you have to scrap your car windows. When do you expect snow fall in your area ? Do you have to work 2night ? Will it be in the frozen area ? Wish you a great new `day ~> EnJoy
The grass was white, not sure about the windows as by the time i went out the sun was up enough to melt it if there was any. I do work tonight, saturday sunday monday wednesday. Saturday-monday are all frozen Bought a good pair of gloves to try so hopefully they're better than the store supplies. Snow, uhhh probably not til later november or beyond, but then again last year at halloween we had quite the snow fall so who knows

I finally got around to driving my horizon again, been so busy i dont have the time. But its giving me problems with the cool weather on start ups. Wont idle well, sputters mis fires and stalls. Feels like it might be a choke issue, but once i get it running it works fine

Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM

Good day all..

Glad the colder weather is coming in some ways. No extream heat and humidity, no bugs, and no mowing!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:01 PM

Hi EveryOne, I'm back I had to run to the port to
pick up a part & got to see my BeachBum Friends , plus it was great to see the Ocean again 4-Sure...We are blessed
with a beautiful Chamber of Commerce type of day
I really miss living on the beach & being by the ocean..

I hope everyone is having a good start to their day & enjoying.
=======================================
Thanks `Keane for your reply & I hope that you get the frozen dept. full time ..If your Horizon has a carb, I'd get some carb cleaner & spray it out & get the gum outa it...& then take it for a ride & blow out the carbon That should be `fun.
Wish you a super weekend.
==================
Hi `Joe, it's great to look at the positive signs of winter & the cold...It does get in the freez'in Zone several times a year here in Florida, but nothing like you guys get `up north...I freeze when it gets in the 60's (LOL) 4-Real I think I need anti-freeze for my `bod (LOL).

Wish you & member's a SuperSuper WeekEnd ~> EnJoy

OK, whose next to keep our Blog going & forum active ? ?

Yes, I think it's you reading this We shall wait & see

Where's Mike (JG), what's he doing 2day ? (I wonder what ?)

Originally Posted by zenloser
hopefully be up an running soon
^ Chris, is that what you told your wife ?

Last edited by Space; 10-13-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

If it was carbed it what im getting would be pretty normal i'd think, bu its fuel injected. Worked on my calculator some more and discovered another bug, shhh..... Did some extra work the professor talked about and tried to do some more but couldn't figure it all out. Whatever, im done for today, screw the unfinished work

Old 10-13-2012, 12:42 PM

Hi Keane,
Have you tried any products like below ?
Good luck also on finding the `bug...Sounds like a fun challenge...Do you enjoy that class ? ~> Good Luck

O'Reilly Chemicals - Fuel Injector/Carburetor Cleaner

Part # : 72142 | Line: ORC

Valvoline - Fuel Injector And Intake Valve Cleaner

• Manufacturer's Defect Warranty
  • 12 oz.

Valvoline - Fuel Injection Cleaner

• Manufacturer's Defect Warranty
  • 12 oz.

STP - Fuel Injection Cleaner

Old 10-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Smile "Party $mart" <~> 4-Sure ~> EnJoy

Where's all our MCF Blogger's...No one has posted for over 5 hours...I go on recharge, get `up - check `in & there's no more posts

What ? You mean there are member's out there that have a life away from the MCF You mean you're out there having fun ? WoW, it must be great LOL

I hope everyone is having a fun weekend...I worked over 2day & I don't have to be at work until 9PM...A football game has delayed the broadcast of NASCAR on ABC...

Peace/Happiness/Out

Old 10-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Checking in before I plant myself in front of the tv for the next three plus hours for ALCS game 1 (TBS 8pm). GO TIGERS!

Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Evening all - went to Target to get some toys for the Toy's For Tot's cruise tomorrow - it's going to rain but I going anyway.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
...But its giving me problems with the cool weather on start ups. Wont idle well, sputters mis fires and stalls. Feels like it might be a choke issue, but once i get it running it works fine
I think you're on the right track thinking it's a choke problem.

Originally Posted by Space
Hi Keane,
Have you tried any products like below ?
Chevron Techron Plus is an excellent fuel conditioner. It not only has detergents to keep the system clean but also contains a lubricant for the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. It is sold at GM dealers as a rebranded GM/AC Delco product. Running a bottle of it through the fuel system once every three months is good preventative maintenance.

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Evening all - went to Target to get some toys for the Toy's For Tot's cruise tomorrow - it's going to rain but I going anyway.
Thank you Amy! Your kind gesture will create smiles and glistening eyes, and that gift is priceless.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, October 13th 2012