Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 3rd 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 06:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

6:05 am here in Mn. Got to get out of here soon. Going to work on the wife's Cobalt. Check out the brakes and change the fuek filter. Had the coolant system flushed and tested yesterday. New tires a week ago. Now this should be it for that car. I was going to take the Monte to AZ. But I don't want to put all those miles on her. Happy Birthday Drew. 23 ? I have jackets older then that . Jen A.K.A. REDNIGHTMARE. wHERE ARE THE PIC'S OF YOU ON YOUR BIKE RIDIN TO WORK ??? ok gotta go. I'll check back in later....................

Old 11-03-2012, 07:11 AM

<TABLE id=post506173 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Today, 07:11 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->
Rick's Check `In...7/11 <~ Lucky #'s
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><!-- user info --><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Good Morning `Rick, & thanks for your post/update & checking `In. When do you depart ? I think it's great that you don't have to take your Monte S.S. & put on a lot of miles & it will be something to look forward to on your return home.

You are wise to get your Cobalt checked out & ready for the trip. You do have a good life, but I know that you have worked to make it that way.

I'm training two new ladies for my office manager position & they are fast learners 4-Sure...One has a business degree from Harvard She's a large lady, but it great shape..She lifts weights and works out...She's is 6'2 & I look `up 2 here 4-Sure The other lady is in her 50's & use to work at the Space Center...They are both super ladies & fun to work with.

Wish everyone a Super Saturday & I hope everyone can extract the most from their new day...
Peace/Out

Old 11-03-2012, 07:36 AM

Good morning everyone! I haven't been on here for about a week because of Sandy. I just got internet back last night. Unfortunately, Sandy got me. We came home to about a foot of water in the basement and garage. Thankfully, we had brought up anything super valuable beforehand, and we saved my dads '74 Firebird. We're in the process of getting a whole new basement right now, so we're doing good. I'm just happy no one was hurt. I feel fortunate compared to what happened to other people. Hope everyone is safe out there!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

NYISLANDER-Good attitude and glad you made it through along with the Bird...

Space-the Impala is coming along. He has been working on it but slower than he intended. I haven't seen it since dropping it off. I was planning on helping him today but work tends to get in the way of pleasure sometimes. Fact of life...I will see it tomorrow most likely. He lives about 35 minutes from me. He has been having personal issues with his wife and we know that is always a problem..She ain't happy, no one is.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

^glad to hear you did alright man, i hear the NYC area got slammed.

morning everyone. heading out to cut firewood in a bit, then later going to go look at my dad's new project car... '47 desoto coupe

Old 11-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Be careful everyone down new the city, Could be some more rain/wind looks like Wednesday into Thursday was well next week. Could add to the problems already occurring.

Last edited by MnteCrloSS47; 11-03-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:05 AM

Hi `Bill & thanks for the update on how things were for you & that you are keeping a positive productive attitude with the things that were out of your control with Sandy's destruction.

Keep us updated & I hope that your repairs go well with no additional problems...Good Luck
======================
Hi `Jerry, thanks for your reply/update..Yes, I can relate on how work gets in the way of fun & doing what we would like to be doing...But without funds, there is not `fun. I hope things go well with the Impala...Keep us updated `OK.
=============================
BuzzKill `Ryan, great to see you online & I read in yesterdays Blog the problems you had in your area ...great to read that you are `OK..Be careful out there cutting wood...Wish you & Member's a Safe/Happy Weekend...EnJoy your adventures in the Mountains...Thanks for checking `in
============================
Thanks to our MCF Weatherman `Devin for the updates. It's sunny here in Florida, or that's what they have told me . I hope to escape my prison office warehouse in about 3 more hours. I'm not suppose to be online, but my new employee's are fast learner's & they think I working on something (?)..Yes, I work'in on posting on the MCF (lol)
Wish you a great WeekEnd in your Winning S.S. 4-Sure..

Old 11-03-2012, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

[/QUOTE]Wish you a great WeekEnd in your Winning S.S. 4-Sure..[/QUOTE]

No SS's for me anymore LOL
GT's and LS's but I am happy.
Glad you have some good Trainees Space. Did I miss something? Are you getting PROMOTED I tried to retrain a guy on the firing line but he is doing no better.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning all, chilly here this morning 44 and windy. Gas problems not any better this morning. New Jersey is now rationing gas, i believe they're only fueling New Jersey cars and they've implemented odd/even fueling. If your plate ends in an odd number you fuel on an odd number day, if your plate is even you fuel on an even number day. NY has no such restriction to my knowledge but gas stations are out everywhere.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Good mornin' all.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, November 3rd 2012