Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, May 26th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I hate it when you get these guys who won't even give you the time and day, because they think they're doing the world a favor by showing up.
Ahhh...I see that this isn't only a 'south of the border' type problem. I see my fair share of the 'holier than thou' type also at the drive ins, car shows, etc. A lot of the time I think the reason they don't want to talk to you about their car is because the only thing they know about it is where the key and gas go. The car was purchased pre-assembled and they don't know the first thing about it. You can tell that the guys willing to talk to you are passionate about their cars and have busted more than one knuckle getting it to where it is today.

We still have a couple A&W around here, but they're combined with KFC, not stand alone.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for reminding me guys. I still need to get my pictures up from the cruise in. Brought the camera in from the truck. Going to get to work on the car. Should be a quick job. Strip the end of the wire, insert it into the connector, crimp it down, plug it in. I MIGHT do the tach wire while I'm at it as well. We'll see how long it takes to do the batt wire.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:19 PM

[quote=Ricks 2006 SS;461743] You can buy those trays on line Angie. Come with a Rootbeer glass and a burger & fries on them.

But why would a person order online when they might have accidentally driven away with the restaurant's tray still on the window? With two nice Steak & Shake glasses?

Not that I know anyone who would ever do such a thing....

Old 05-26-2012, 05:39 PM

Taz, I really hope you're not serious...I don't get it; that thing is a piece of junk!

Guess what, guys? Thinking about getting a Wizaired CAI! The reviews on here seem pretty solid!

Old 05-26-2012, 06:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

[quote=Possum;461760]
Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
You can buy those trays on line Angie. Come with a Rootbeer glass and a burger & fries on them.

But why would a person order online when they might have accidentally driven away with the restaurant's tray still on the window? With two nice Steak & Shake glasses?

Not that I know anyone who would ever do such a thing....
I don't think anyone has those trays any more Angie. At Sonic's they take the tray back with them. I've seen them on line for $ale

Old 05-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Taz, I really hope you're not serious...I don't get it; that thing is a piece of junk!

Guess what, guys? Thinking about getting a Wizaired CAI! The reviews on here seem pretty solid!
What? You mean this from this morning?

That's a sexy beast, baby! It's a 2.2, blue on blue, and all that too. You can't beat the rich corinthian velvet seats.

As for the cai. Wizaired and CAI brand are both excellent choices. Just don't waste your money on the K&N cai kit. K&N is good for drop in filters.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member

Got the Camaro running again. Now I need to tune it. I forgot to consider that when I replaced the fuel line I'd have to retune it to factor in it getting a full load of fuel (the old line was crimped on one of the bends). So I'll be doing research tonight after I get home on properly tuning a Qjet. I'm still learning carbs.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:22 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

We have a Dog N Suds Drive In in Ingleside IL and every Sat night they have a classic car cruise.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

thats something that makes me wish i grew up in an earlier time, your hang out wasn't the mall, you'd go to drive ins and see cars and so on. Cell phones didn't exist and a fun weekend was just you and your friends going for a drive. My how times have changed. Best thing we have around here is Sonic, i like it but being a half hour away i havent been there in a long time.

Got some sleep in before work, we're having a memorial day celebration tonight so it should be a good night.

And Lou(taz) that 2.2 is a good engine

Old 05-26-2012, 09:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

evening all. We have an a&w here that is mainly a drive in. It is only open from may to august or september. I think they have a thursday cruise in with discounted coneys

My day was spent on the garage roof. I am in so much pain right now. 10 hours of labor is not fun. 4 layers of old shingles that crumbled when taking them off and its a hip roof so there are 4 sides. All the corners were overlapped and there were about a million nails. Plus I got sunburn from the overcast sky so I'm getting hot and then freezing cold right now. I think i'm going to bed. night all

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, May 26th 2012