Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, May 26th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 01:11 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Hi Everyone

Old 05-26-2012, 03:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

[quote=Possum;461660]

Funny you should say that. This morning I was stopped at a red light when some idiot rammed me from behind...I looked in the rearview mirror and saw her lunging away from the wheel to grab a large dog. Can you believe it - my car just came back from the body shop!!!!! I AM FURIOUS to say the least. The cops tell me its perfectly legal to drive around with a dog loose in the car. Her insurance will pay for the damage to my beautiful Monte (minimal denting on the bumper) but the fact that the dog was in danger and could have jumped out the window into traffic makes me even FURIOUSER.

Now I understand why people buy other cars for their daily driver and leave the Monte in the garage. I'm about ready to start riding my bike around town!
Just glad your OK Angie. But the bumpshop is going to love you. Hope its not that bad. It can be replaced. You can't . Glad you were not on your bike. Rick

Old 05-26-2012, 03:59 PM

The car show at Sonic last night was jam-packed with new, old, wierd & beautiful cars. Here's a few pics: the last one, the '56 Bel Air, has an old Steak & Shake tray with glasses on the window. Does anybody remember going to places like that, where they'd bring the order to your car on an attachable tray?

Attached Thumbnails Saturday, May 26th 2012-jazz-fest-2012-039.jpg   Saturday, May 26th 2012-jazz-fest-2012-040.jpg   Saturday, May 26th 2012-jazz-fest-2012-042.jpg   Saturday, May 26th 2012-jazz-fest-2012-045.jpg  
Old 05-26-2012, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon guys. Didn't get to sleep as early as I wanted and obviously didn't get up as early as I wanted either. Oh well, I'm still going to work on the Camaro anyway, even if it is 98 degrees out. It shouldn't take too long to get done what I need done though. Then I dunno what else I'll do.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
Does anybody remember going to places like that, where they'd bring the order to your car on an attachable tray?
Around here it was the Triple X that catered to you in your car. The car hops would be cruisin' around on their rollerskates. They served up the best burgers, fries and malts around and nobody could beat their root beer floats.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:20 PM

my monte still isnt fixed the apriaser was impressed though when he saw the odometer

Old 05-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I remember, as a kid, all the local A&W's still had the large drive-up canopy with room for about a dozon or so cars. Exactly like this one. The waitresses rolled up to the driver's window on roller skates. The local Big Boy Restaurant did the same thing. They all abandoned that idea long before I could drive though. They were the original drive thru.

The only original A&W building in Windsor that still exists in it's original drive-up format (like the one pictured below), is now a used car dealership near the corner of Central and Tecumseh Road East. (see the second picture below)

Former A&W on Windsor's east side...

Old 05-26-2012, 04:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The only Triple X left around here that I'm aware of is in Issaquah:

Triple XXX Rootbeer Drive-in

When gas was cheaper we used to cruise out there every Saturday night and check out all the cars, but only go out there once in a while now.

Old 05-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
The only Triple X left around here that I'm aware of is in Issaquah:

Triple XXX Rootbeer Drive-in

When gas was cheaper we used to cruise out there every Saturday night and check out all the cars, but only go out there once in a while now.
Mike, the local A&W's do the weekly cruise-ins too. Sounds like Triple XXX does the same in your area. The A&W on the east side here was doing it on Tuesday evenings the last few years. I assume this year will be tuesday's also. But haven't been out there yet this year. They have a great bunch of people show up. With a wide variety of cars too. And so far, the car owners are pretty cool about talking to you. I hate it when you get these guys who won't even give you the time and day, because they think they're doing the world a favor by showing up.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

YUP. I remember the same place's Taz. In around the Detroit area. Big Boys restautants & A&W;s were my hang outs when I grew up. You can buy those trays on line Angie. Come with a Rootbeer glass and a burger & fries on them. I'm sure if you go on line Angie you'll be able to find them . here's one place that has some awesome old stuff. Called " GENUINE HOTROD HARDWARE INC. Nice pictures. Thanks for those

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, May 26th 2012