Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, March 17th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon everyone it's another beautiful day here in Michigan. I want to clean and detail the monte but my wife took it to work and It supposed to rain tomorrow. I'll probably wait till Monday. I am loving my new Droid 4 and would recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade. It's like a laptop in your hand.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
I don't understand. Is it one day. Or are they going to hold it over your head everyday ? Dude Life's to short to play their dumbass games. It sound to me like their trying to make you quit! There has to be other jobs in your area to try out for.
I had to call them today to find out if it was going to be a one day suspension or if it would drag on longer having to wait on a pending union meeting. Thankfully its just today only, but thats still a third of my week's pay out the window. Today was employee apreciation day aswell. Free food, wear holiday shirt etc. I feel apreciated alright. There probably are other jobs, the issue is my availibility changes so much.

Originally Posted by Possum

Keane, why don't you just quit your job if the money isn't that good and the people are hard to get along with? Are there not a lot of openings where you live? Or is it hard to arrange a job schedule around school? I would think with your computer knowledge - you built an oil-run pc! - you could find work anywhere. (Keep in mind I haven't had to look for a job in 14 years). How far along in school are you? Would there be more job opportunities if you worked nine-to-five during the day and went to night school?
My co workers for the most part are no big deal to work with. Its people that come in the store that make it a pain and some of the management. It is difficult to arrange a schedule around school for me. My school schedule changes every 8 weeks and i wonder who would be willing to deal with that. I'm not very far along in school, i only started my first classes back in september. I'd work a day job but my school schedule swaps back and forth between night and day aswell. So im not sure what my plan is right now really.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:56 PM

Have you thought about working-from-home jobs? As a woman, I could sell Avon or work flexible hours babysitting or caring for people in their home. Here in my city there are always part-time, flexible-hours jobs through nursing associations for home health care. There are lots of handicapped people who will pay you to come in whenever you can to help with household chores, going to the grocery store, yard work, driving to appointments, etc. The good thing about that type of work is you can set your own hours to fit your changing school schedule. Whatever you decide, I wish you good luck - I know finding work in this economy isn't easy.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well.

Have a good weekend!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What's up everyone, not much going on here, just some college hoops and NHL hockey. I got a call form sears and all they have are display models for the TV I wanted, not sure what I'm gonna do now? I might just take a ride to sears and see what they have to offer in a discount on the display models.....

Old 03-17-2012, 01:49 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Afternoon everyone! Another beautiful day here - we had a cluster of T-Storms that just passed to the north of us this morning so no rain WOOHOO!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:51 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

KEANE: Go to one of the other stores likw Wal mart or Target and explian your school schedule to them. And let them know it changes and its out of your hands. You will be surprised how they will try and work with you. Its easy just take a chance. You have yr whole life ahead of you. This is a bump in the rd and we all go thru it. Go talk to someone at one of the other stores. If you need more help or info PM me or E mail me I'll be glad to help!

Old 03-17-2012, 01:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
What's up everyone, not much going on here, just some college hoops and NHL hockey. I got a call form sears and all they have are display models for the TV I wanted, not sure what I'm gonna do now? I might just take a ride to sears and see what they have to offer in a discount on the display models.....
Chris: try Sam's club or Costco. Both have some very nice TV's WE bought our 62 inch there. At a great price.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well the weather forecast finally came true. Skies cleared up to nothing but blue skies, its 66 and breezy. Went for a walk since i dont have much else to do. Rick im gonna just see if i can get what i want at my current job. If not i'll have to back to hunting for a job.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

I know Keane saw these but this was my project today...Justin you better be ready tomorrow

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, March 17th 2012