Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, June 27, 2015 >Check in here<

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 08:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Evening everyone, the gig went great last night. Got to listen to David Wilcox do his sound check and then we were able to get up on the stage and do ours. The crowd started off small but by the time we were done our set it was well over a thousand strong and climbing we definitely rocked the place, we had the mayor introduce us and shook our hands and when we were done people kept coming up to us all night telling us how good we were and kept asking where we are gonna play next. Hopefully I will have some links to video in the next few days as they are capturing the event on camera for local news stations and all that.

Hope everyone is enjoying the monte nats, wish I could be there with you guys and gals

Plumbob, can't blame you, I have been keeping my eyes open for another monte for a while now, I already have two but wouldn't mind having another one just because I love these cars, so I am kinda jealous of you

Old 06-27-2015, 10:43 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Having a great time ken. Wish you could have been here too!!
Glad your gig went well :-)

Old 06-28-2015, 12:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
Evening everyone, the gig went great last night. Got to listen to David Wilcox do his sound check and then we were able to get up on the stage and do ours. The crowd started off small but by the time we were done our set it was well over a thousand strong and climbing we definitely rocked the place, we had the mayor introduce us and shook our hands and when we were done people kept coming up to us all night telling us how good we were and kept asking where we are gonna play next. Hopefully I will have some links to video in the next few days as they are capturing the event on camera for local news stations and all that.

Hope everyone is enjoying the monte nats, wish I could be there with you guys and gals

Plumbob, can't blame you, I have been keeping my eyes open for another monte for a while now, I already have two but wouldn't mind having another one just because I love these cars, so I am kinda jealous of you
LMAO
I hear you ohara. These things are addicting. Just can't keep my hands off them, and it's such a feeling of accomplishment to bring one from one foot in the grave to a thing of beauty. In all I've had 5 Monte's now starting with a '76 gen 2. Bought the '00 SS new and have learned a lot form her, the Matriarch of the family, an heirloom.
Speaking of feelings of accomplishment, congratulations on your show. It must be quite the rush to have people come up to you like that wanting to know where they can get more. Looking forward to the videos.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by tweek
Good morning all. Had a really bad week. The fiancée got charges with a dui (which was BS) and she was already on probation. So I found a lawyer to defend her on both cases for a reasonable charge. Looks like she will have to do some jail time but at least it will keep her out of prison.

tweek, so sorry to hear of your fiancé's troubles. My wife and I have recently more or less adopted a young single Mom going through the same thing. It's gonna' be tough for a while, but stay strong. She will need you through these hard times, so you need to be there for her. It's things like this that really test your love for each other, but once you get through it you will both realize how much you mean to each other.