Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, June 22, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning all.. You guys at the GM Nats good luck! Sounds like you already having fun there.

Having some coffee waiting for the weather to clear then going to start my work on the Deuce for the Monte Nats

Old 06-22-2013, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Morning all, gonna need some high octane something to get moving this morning. Mike, have a good trip.

Good Morning 'Keane & Member's
Here's some 'Space Coffee for you (It's high test rocket fuel that has a kick butt supercharge effect on your brain 4'Sure >

Wish you & all a Super Day at the event > Enjoy & keep us updated 'OK

I'm still @ work, but the Bum's & I are getting together later to watch the Dew Tour on NBC + we will get on our boards & 'play..

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 06-22-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
Keane:
Thanks for starting the Morning Blog!

Wow sounds like everyone on is pretty much up and ready to meet the day head on!

Hope everyone has a Great weekend at The GM Nationals!
and for those of us not attending...have a Great Weekend!

Its already super hot and sticky here! Its suppose to get worse in the next few days also. I may just go out and get some new wheels for the Monte today...Nothing fancy....just "new"... There Voxx Pulse wheels...
Inexpensive yet stylish. At least thats what I think.

The only thing left I have to do is vaccuum the trunk out on the Monte...
But, its so muppy in the garage...and with the threat of rain...That makes the humidity even climb higher!

Tad:
Looks like its gonna rain on thursday. Man I hope it doesnt show up til we are well out of the area! With all this preparation we have endured over the past cpl days to get ready to go to the show...Especially your with polishing up the underside!!!

Devin:
Good to hear your not suffering to awful bad...lets hope it continues to be a non issue for you til your surgery!

Mike: (chibi) have a safe trip and enjoy the GM Nationasl!

Mike: (Space Rider)
It would be cool if everyone from the MCF could attend an event together...at least just once!
Be sure to tell Space we said hello and to check in soon if/when he can!

Have a Great Weekend EV1!

Attached Thumbnails Saturday, June 22, 2013-wp_000607.jpg  
Old 06-22-2013, 08:02 AM

Good Morning Mod 'David,
It's hot & sticky here today (Ok, everyday in the warehouses 4'Sure
That's a decent looking rim your posted.

Our Sponsor TireRack has some recent discount on rims. One rim was as low as $59 & it looks good
You might want to check it out ? + see what it may look like on your ride

Yes, I fax space a update on the MCF & I will let him know your greetings. It's not the same here without Space (lol)
Wish U a Super Weekend

ps > I like your factory rims on your Monte 4 really > sure (lol) I would keep them on ?
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0"><tbody><tr id="WSLtop"><td id="WSLmiddle">1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34
(Vehicle Shown: 1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34)

</td><td id="WSLright" rowSpan="3" width="10">

</td></tr><tr><td id="WSLveh_opt"><form name="colorSelect" action="/upgrade_garage/VehicleChangeServlet"><select id="WSLchangeColor" name="changeColor"><option>Choose Color</option><option>---------------</option><option value="Auburn">Auburn</option><option selected="" value="Black">Black</option><option value="Carmine_Red">Carmine Red</option><option value="Dark_Jade">Dark Jade</option><option value="Driftwood">Driftwood</option><option value="Navy_Blue">Navy Blue</option><option value="Pewter">Pewter</option><option value="Regal_Blue">Regal Blue</option><option value="Torch_Red">Torch Red</option></select><noscript><button type="submit"><span>Go</span></button><input type="hidden" name="returnTo" value="/wheels/WheelSearchLite.jsp?nonWinter=true&partNum=GT5782B &autoMake=Chevrolet&autoModel=Monte+Carlo+Z34&auto Year=1999&autoModClar=&wIndex=18&grid=true&sw=1366 "></noscript><input name="action" value="changeColor" type="hidden"></form>
<form id="WSLprintPage" method="POST" name="printPage" action="/wheels/WheelsOnVehicle.pdf" target="_blank"><input name="autoMake" value="Chevrolet" type="hidden"><input name="autoModel" value="Monte Carlo Z34" type="hidden"><input name="autoYear" value="1999" type="hidden"><input name="autoModClar" value="" type="hidden"><input name="i1_Price" value="59" type="hidden"><input name="i1_WheelSize" value="17x8" type="hidden"><input name="i1_Diameter" value="17" type="hidden"><input name="i1_TireSize" value="225/55-17" type="hidden"><input name="i1_Offset" value="40" type="hidden"><input name="i1_SubType" value="" type="hidden"><input name="i1_Weight" value="20.1" type="hidden"><input name="i1_WeightToShow" value="20.1" type="hidden"><input name="Make" value="ASA" type="hidden"><input name="Model" value="GT5" type="hidden"><input name="Finish" value="Black Painted" type="hidden"><input name="FinishAbbrev" value="Q" type="hidden"><input name="constType" value="1 Pc. Low Pressure Cast/Shot Peened" type="hidden"><input name="makeLogo" value="/images/wheels/logos/small/ASA_logo.gif" type="hidden"><input name="optRear" value="false" type="hidden"><input name="wImage" value="/images/wheels/asa/search/asa_gt5_b_100.jpg" type="hidden"><input name="colorName" value="Black" type="hidden"><input name="cover" value="16" type="hidden"></form>

</td></tr><tr><td id="WSLbackgroundCell" background="/images/upgrade_garage/blend_mini_wheel_sm.gif"></td></tr><tr id="WSLbottom"><td id="WSLleft"></td><td><table id="WSLspecs" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td rowSpan="3" width="100"></td><td id="WSLbrand"> ASA GT5

</td></tr><tr id="WSLbullets" vAlign="top"><td>
  • • Size: 17x8, 40mm Offset
  • • Orig. Price: $159 (each)
    $59 Closeout
  • Est. Availability: Fewer than 2
  • • Weight: 20.1lbs.
  • • Finish: Black Painted
  • • Bolt Pattern: 5-115
  • • Construction: 1 Pc. Low Pressure Cast/Shot Peened
</td></tr><tr><td id="WSLlinks" align="right"></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 06-22-2013, 08:15 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
Good Morning Mod 'David,

It's hot & sticky here today (Ok, everyday in the warehouses 4'Sure
That's a decent looking rim your posted.

Our Sponsor TireRack has some recent discount on rims. One rim was as low as $59 & it looks good
You might want to check it out ? + see what it may look like on your ride

Yes, I fax space a update on the MCF & I will let him know your greetings. It's not the same here without Space (lol)
Wish U a Super Weekend

ps > I like your factory rims on your Monte 4 really > sure (lol) I would keep them on ?
I too like my stock wheels....
However,
They are getting severely worn out ...spider web cracks...and highly stained...
Despite my best efforts over the years to take care of them....There deteriorateing under the plastic coating thats on them...There lies the yuck,cracks,spider webbing..... If they were still in good condition... i would definately leave them on! But there not...

If tire rack had a store locally....
I would buy them from them in a Heartbeat! I like that style also!
There 17" and im looking for 16" that way I dont have to buy new tires...
Even if I ordered them today....
I dont believe theyd be here before thursday!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 06-22-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:33 AM

Hi Mod 'David,
Just call Tire Rack & tell them you know Space (lol) & I'm sure they will rush order your rims LoL

If you do get new rims ?, I would check into getting your factory rims redone/refinished

Below is Tire Racks Toll free # if U decide to call & check on shipment ?
Phone: 574-287-2345
Fax: 574-236-7707
Toll Free (USA): 888-541-1777
Customer Service: 888-541-1777, ext. 4360

No, I don't have any connections to Tire Rack, but I like what they have + a good solid 'rep

Good Luck 'David >Bum'Mike

Old 06-22-2013, 08:37 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
Hi Mod 'David,
Just call Tire Rack & tell them you know Space (lol) & I'm sure they will rush order your rims LoL

If you do get new rims ?, I would check into getting your factory rims redone/refinished

Below is Tire Racks Toll free # if U decide to call & check on shipment ?
Phone: 574-287-2345
Fax: 574-236-7707
Toll Free (USA): 888-541-1777
Customer Service: 888-541-1777, ext. 4360

No, I don't have any connections to Tire Rack, but I like what they have + a good solid 'rep

Good Luck 'David >Bum'Mike
Thanks Mike....
Im also looking for 16" (So I dont have to buy new tires...)
The ones you posted are 17"... But,
I appreciate the help/info Mike!
Belle Tire (where I go alot)...has them in Stock..
Thanks Again Mike!

Old 06-22-2013, 08:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy weekend everyone on vacation this weekend for Scrapin the coast just spectating but lots of nice trucks. Have fun everyone.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:55 AM

Mod 'David,
You're Welcome

Hi Mr Mel, wish you a great weekend !!!!!

Old 06-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Good morning everyone. At work right now. It's. The end of the quarter rush at my job. Later, I'm putting in 4 complete struts, right side outer tie rod and Maybe servicing my trans.
Tomorrow going to south Jersey to assist my son in buying a new motorcycle. It's his first so he wants dad to be there with him. Of course, I will be drooling over the Cruisers while he is doing his final paperwork! One day I'll get another one!
Hope everyone has a Great Day and a Wonderful W/E!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, June 22, 2013