Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, July 21st 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all!

washed the Deuce will be going to a Family BBQ this after noon. Ronda's Buickl is all pibnstriped now. (I'll post pics later)

Have a great Monte week-end !

Old 07-21-2012, 04:51 PM

Hi Member's,
The forum & Blog is slow this Saturday, but I hope that means that member's are out having `fun & driving or show'in `off their Monte Carlo's.

We are all looking forward to seeing pictures from all the member's that are attending car shows this weekend..

I look forward to doing that someday when I get out of my work prison What's it's like to have a normal life ? LOL
It's a super oven here in Florida, but it's that time of year for Mother Nature to cook all the people & make them pay to live in paradise ...

...they drive them there in their Monte Carlo's & drop them `Off...Burn `Out & scream `out...Hope I don't see you later........................

Wish everyone a cool/happy `eve ~> EnJoy

If you reading this, make a post & say `hi & let us know what you are doing ?

Oh, what's for dinner `Tadd ? What are you cooking on the grill ?

Last edited by Space; 07-21-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well I took a ride out to the car show, it was about a half hour away. It was a nice little show but I forgot my camera. There were about 60 cars. The guy that puts it on builds rat rods and tow trucks so there where a few of his cars on display. Just waiting to go to work in a few hours now.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:25 PM

Hi `Lou,
It's great that you were able to make a car show & not to far away..I'm also getting ready to go back to work shortly...

I've seen rat rods online & some of them are wild..I don't know how they handle, but they look wild & fun..I've only seen custom tow trucks online.

Wish you & member's a great eve...Is it a fun `job 2night ?

Last edited by Space; 07-21-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Well I am back form the show and PO'd to say the least
I wasn't expecting the Monte to win but the Corvette was another story. There was 174 cars there and it was hosted by a local club. Seemed your car number had to be under 25 to win. They did give awards to top 40 but I know the club members were there early and had low numbers. I don' think they missed a number under 25. To top that off, they didnt even judge like the last 2-3 rows of cars which was where I was. I was gonna cause a stink but just was pissed and left. I was going to ask to see the sheets from m cars. I have heard they can be political and this was a fine example. I am going to send them an email and voice my opinion. I will post some pics tomorrow. Kind of puts a damper on future shows for me.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

I got my new TV picked up, thanks to my sis who has a bigger car (Subaru Forester).... But as we left she forgot something in the cart that she bought so she had to go back, luckily it was still in the cart with vultures lurking around......... People will take anything if it's not nailed down, this world is so f'd up anymore........ I have to do some cleaning before I hook up the new TV though, might not be until next weekend, but, you know how it goes, the heck with cleaning, I want my new TV now........

Old 07-21-2012, 07:19 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Jerry if you go to every car show and worry about the politics of them all you will not have a good time. Just go and enjoy yourself and don't worry about collecting cheap trophys and it will be way more rewarding. I'm sure you already know that tho. Some shows its really bad, one show host told my father in law you should bring your car to my show, I'll make sure you get a trophy.

Space I have been looking at all the rat rods i see lately, I have been studying them and getting ideas. I would like to build one sometime in the future. Next time the guy has is old wrecker at a show i'll get some good pics of it.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

evening, was trying to sleep since around 4:30 but between my phone going off and just not being able to sleep i didn't get much. Should be a good night. Friend of mine told me theres a car show starting at 9:30pm at walmart thats supposed to have over 700 cars, yea right....

Everytime i say i've been up and down lately this katy perry song comes to mind

Chris congrats on the new tv, what kind did you get and it was 47" if i remember right?

Hmm, dad told me some kids were pounding on our door earlier while i was sleeping. By the time he got there they were gone. interesting..

Last edited by Leprechaun93; 07-21-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Keane, I got a kinda cheapo walmart Vizio 47 HDTV, it will do me pretty good though.....

Wonder who was pounding on the door Keane?

Old 07-21-2012, 10:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Just got back from Syracuse Nationals!!!
TIRED!! on zero sleep for 26 hours now! so sleep is in store right now.
ill upload some pics soon!
hope everyones weekend is going well!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, July 21st 2012