Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, July 2, 2016 >Check In<

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 07:28 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good morning MCF!!
I found a video of how to properly use clay bar. Now this guy says to clay bar then wax. I guess you could do that but I went to a detailing seminar at the Monte nats and they recommend (and now so do I) that you clay bar, compound, polish, liquid wax. Lots of work but SOOOO worth it.
Before you start, have PLENTY of micro fiber cloths and take some advil because you will be very sore the next day if you don't...lol
One more tip...do not let any of these steps dry. Do a smaller area at a time and immediately wipe dry. The area I worked with at one time was about a foot or so. If it does get dry, reapply a little more product to get it wet again and immediately dry with a micro fiber cloth. Then move on to the next area. What worked best for me was application cloth in one hand and drying/buffing cloth in the other.
Ok here is the link to the video--->
and the videos after it are pretty good also.

Hey, Hope everyone has a good day.

Old 07-02-2016, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool >Thank U 4 U & all U do 4 so many 4=Sure

^
Good Morning Mod Barbara, I hope I didn't mess up the blog this morning, but I wanted to give you a slight break to just log on & enjoy the forum : )

Great Vid & Tips for Member's, You must be exhausted from making your 02 Monte all new looking again...Great pic in yesterday's Blog.

You sure are helpful to so many & you inspire others to participate. You make the MCF Better. Our friend would be super happy 4-Sure...

I again drank 2 much High test space fueled coffee all night (LOL)...

I hope that you & Member's can really enjoy this holiday & escape the sad/bad news in our World and just relax & enjoy a break from it all.

Below pic is to remind our June2016 MOTM Winner : )

^ Yes you will `if you put your pic in your `sig..
(Look Close: )

OK, whose next to post & let us know what you & yours are doing this weekend/holidays.....Keep it active & fun

Old 07-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Barbara for the info. So is the ain purpose of the claybar to better clean before the polish or to be a polish treatment.? Kinda like the chicken and the egg.

I am going to cut the grass and then I want to jump on cleaning the car. What sucks is I keep it shiny but being my daily driver I go in so early that I get a full bug treatment on the grill and hood every day. By the end of the week they don't just wash off easy. More elbow grease.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:36 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Thanks BBMike. I appreciate it. I do my best to share things when I know they could possibly benefit other members!!
Tommy-The purpose of the clay is to remove contaminants not removed by normal washing PRIOR to any other treatment you may apply.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Afternoon all, not much planned today. Supposed to go to a bbq/party later.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by P343
Thanks BBMike. I appreciate it. I do my best to share things when I know they could possibly benefit other members!!
Tommy-The purpose of the clay is to remove contaminants not removed by normal washing PRIOR to any other treatment you may apply.
Thanks Barbara. I am heading out to work on the bugs and a few drops of pine sap. I left the SS out of her tent for a few hour the other day, now I am paying for it.

Old 07-02-2016, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking >Words appear from somewhere on Earth or beyond ?

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Afternoon all, not much planned today. Supposed to go to a bbq/party later.

Hi `Keane,
I think it's great sometimes to not have anything going on & you can just do what you want to do...BBQ does sound good `if they have some good food(s)

I'm hoping to just watch the race & chill `if I don't get called in2 work. I haven't been able to watch many races this year. I was invited to go to the race tonight, but the ones that invited me party to hard & they are crazy wild. I must be mellowing out in my late 20's (I'm growing `up (oh NO: )

Mod Barbara, thanks for your reply & I hope that you are enjoying your overdo break from work...

OK, what's everyone else doing ? It's your turn (YES, YOU)...Let us know, share cause you care....We really don't (LOL)> Yes I do, I swear, but I'm trying my best not to swear as much when I work & don't like some of my duties

OK, we will all sit here & wait to see what words appear b-4 us on this blank screen I'm viewing

Old 07-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Evening everyone, had a good weekend so far, got to meet Kim Mitchell Thursday night backstage and shook his hand then last night my band took the stage and we rocked the place for almost 2 full hours to a crowd of just under 4 thousand people.

Last edited by ohara; 07-02-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

evening to all, im relaxing at the moment, did my friends brakes and oil change, then i changed out my multifucntion switch, i jjust had dinner and now im continuing to watch shark week, good night to all

Old 07-02-2016, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member

Wow Barbara! I did the Meguiars claybar treatment and finished up with a Mothers carnub a wax job on the SS. It looks incredible! It is so slick that when flies land on it they just slide off!😂

How in the world did you do 2 montes in 1day? I am beat.

I just got a call from my oldrst daughter, she just got clled up to go to California to fight fires. She is a Forester and fights forest fire on the side. I have to get up at 4am and get her to RDU Airport. Ouch. I worry about her doing these things , but she is an adventure seaker. She has been on many major fires accross the country, but it still makes me worry. Yall keep her in your prayers!