Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, January 12th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dang David, How long did they say it might take to pass it? I have never had one and have heard they can be rough. Good luck to her and hope all gets better.
Good Morning Mel and Space. Haven't left yet to work on car, waiting on him to call me. I too will be glad when its done, should be really soon though, then begins the clean up.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Good morning everyone! Have a safe fun week-end!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Dang David, How long did they say it might take to pass it? I have never had one and have heard they can be rough. Good luck to her and hope all gets better.
Good Morning Mel and Space. Haven't left yet to work on car, waiting on him to call me. I too will be glad when its done, should be really soon though, then begins the clean up.
They said it could take from 24 hrs to a week in some cases....

Im so hopen today it happens for her...Because unless you experience it first hand .. you cant even fathom the pain...I too have never had 1. But watchn lizzy go thru this...No Thanks!
She described it as being worse than haveing a baby!
Thanks again for your concerns and well wishes Jerry.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:55 AM

Dave, have you called Liz's doctor to let him know her condition? It could very well be the pain medicine making her sick at her stomach - that happened to me when I got bitten by a snake and put in the hospital overnite. They were putting pain stuff in the IV with antibiotics and I kept getting sicker and sicker, unable to eat anything. You should probably keep monitoring her sugar level as the day goes on, and call the doctor to find out about IV fluids to avoid dehydration. Try giving her small chips of ice to get some liquid down. Keep us informed! Best wishes, Dr. Possum.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:10 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
Dave, have you called Liz's doctor to let him know her condition? It could very well be the pain medicine making her sick at her stomach - that happened to me when I got bitten by a snake and put in the hospital overnite. They were putting pain stuff in the IV with antibiotics and I kept getting sicker and sicker, unable to eat anything. You should probably keep monitoring her sugar level as the day goes on, and call the doctor to find out about IV fluids to avoid dehydration. Try giving her small chips of ice to get some liquid down. Keep us informed! Best wishes, Dr. Possum.
I did contact her Doc yesterday..
They prescribed Ultram for Pain...Its warning label said possible dizzyness and nausea.
I have been monitoring her sugar levels...at 730 pm it was in the 160 range.. However this morning (without eating) its currently in the 270's. (not good either). Which proves that stress definately causes your sugar levels to climb...
Right now shes sleeping (finally) which it has been a real ruff night for both of us.. I didnt think of the crushed ice thing! great idea ty angie...which i will give to her when she wakes up...
The plan is:
If she doesnt show any improvement.. Im definately takeing her back to the hospital...
Thanks ever so much for your concern and well wishes...Great advice also!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 AM

Morning everyone still nice hot and sunny here in Haiti as usual it's the Earthquakes anniversary nothing major going on today. Got most of the concrete poured for my hammock area .

David best of luck I'll have Liz in my prayers hope all passes soon!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You need to watch that close is she still taking her meds and is it Medformin?
That sugar level is high make sure she take the meds.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

David, I hope your wifey gets better soon!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 AM

5 Year Member

Thanks Mel, J parks, Tad....

Mel my wifes on the Pump...So shes plugged into her insulin all the time...
its like an IV...since her pancrease doesnt make insulin anymore...her insulin pump does it for her. Shes a Type I diabetic..

Jparks..Concrete Patio for your Hammock? Lizzy and I are Jealous for sure! Enjoy it while you can forsure.!

Thanks Tad.
She just woke up from about a 2 hour nap. (most sleep shes had all night)
says she feels alittle bit better!
Took Angies advise:
Gave her some crushed Ice...and so far so good! Problem is... Lexi (our aussie) is begging for ice from her...lol
Any other time she (lexi) could care less about eating any ice...
She only wants it cause Lizzy has some...
I sure appreciate you guys and gals here...Its nice to know that we've become like a close Knit Family!

Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone. Working on a Saturday. Over 60 hours so far this week and pushing near 70 after today. 37 degrees in Hermosillo earlier this morning, almost like home. It's a bit chilly but nice and sunny, mountains are peaking through some haze. One of the security guards at the hotel looked at me and said something like I was crazy walking out with just jeans and a t-shirt.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, January 12th 2013