Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, February 9th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 07:30 AM
Smile Be Safe Out there on your Highways of `Life

Hi `Devin,
Thanks for your Weather Report + Super Pic's
It's great that your Monte Carlo S.S. Beast is good in the snow.

Wish you & member's a Safe/Happy `Day
============================
Hi `Eric, you should make a post about your Monte Problems so our expert tech member's can help...Good Luck & Stay Warm
=====================
Hi `Tadd, wish you a warm/safe/fun day...EnJoy your special company ...It's great 2 read that you helped your neighbors.
EnJoy your WeekEnd

Attached Thumbnails Saturday, February 9th 2013-devins-snow-beast.jpg  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Devin,
Thanks for your Weather Report + Super Pic's
It's great that your Monte Carlo S.S. Beast is good in the snow.

Wish you & member's a Safe/Happy `Day
============================
Good morning space!!
Wow that's an awesome Photoshop! new backround on the laptop for sure! thanks!
Hope all is well with you! seems like work is keeping you busy! That's not always a bad thing! I like work busy makes time fly by!!
Have a good weekend space!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all, left work on time actually. Cashiers did show up so i didn't have to do anything. Roads coming home were ok, kind of snowy. Heres a couple pics, first one was at my 1am break. The other 2 were taken just a little bit ago.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:47 AM

Good Morning `Devin & it's great to read that you enjoyed my novice attempt to highlight your awesome Monte Carlo S.S. "Snow Beast"

Yes, work is still consuming the majority of my life, but hopefully when the majority of the workers recover from this nasty flu bug I will no longer be working double shifts 7 days a week
I miss having time to spend with my beachbum family 4-Sure!
Wish you & member's a safe/warm/fun/happy weekend ~> EnJoy

The news & weather is stressful & depressing & I'm posting the below in hopes that it may help a few member's...It helps me 4-Sure..
"Be Happy 2 `be & do your best to extract the best from new day of life" No one knows how many days that we will get on our `journey of life, so we must make the best of each day that we are given
Now, get out there & EnJoy Celebrate you new day of `Life

Managing stress

Select the text below for guidance:

Managing stress
First, recognize stress:
Stress symptoms include mental, social, and physical manifestations. These include exhaustion, loss of/increased appetite, headaches, crying, sleeplessness, and oversleeping. Escape through alcohol, drugs, or other compulsive behavior are often indications. Feelings of alarm, frustration, or apathy may accompany stress.

What can you do to manage your stress?
What are some strategies?

<table class="padded-table1"><tbody><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Look around
See if there really is something you can change or control in the situation

</td><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Set realistic goals for yourself
Reduce the number of events going on in your life and you may reduce the circuit overload

</td></tr><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="100%" colSpan="2"> Exercise in stress reduction through project management/prioritizing

</td></tr><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Remove yourself from the stressful situation
Give yourself a break if only for a few moments daily

</td><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Don't overwhelm yourself
by fretting about your entire workload. Handle each task as it comes, or selectively deal with matters in some priority

</td></tr><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Don't sweat the small stuff
Try to prioritize a few truly important things and let the rest slide

</td><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Learn how to best relax yourself
Meditation and breathing exercises have been proven to be very effective in controlling stress. Practice clearing your mind of disturbing thoughts.

</td></tr><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Selectively change the way you react,
but not too much at one time. Focus on one troublesome thing and manage your reactions to it/him/her

</td><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Change the way you see your situation; seek alternative viewpoints
Stress is a reaction to events and problems, and you can lock yourself in to one way of viewing your situation. Seek an outside perspective of the situation, compare it with yours. and perhaps lessen your reaction to these conditions.

</td></tr><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Avoid extreme reactions;
Why hate when a little dislike will do? Why generate anxiety when you can be nervous? Why rage when anger will do the job? Why be depressed when you can just be sad?

</td><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Do something for others
to help get your mind off your self

</td></tr><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Get enough sleep
Lack of rest just aggravates stress

</td><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Work off stress
with physical activity, whether it's jogging, tennis, gardening

</td></tr><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Avoid self-medication or escape
Alcohol and drugs can mask stress. They don't help deal with the problems

</td><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="50%"> Begin to manage the effects of stress
This is a long range strategy of adapting to your situation, and the effects of stress in your life. Try to isolate and work with one "effect" at a time. Don't overwhelm yourself. for example, if you are not sleeping well, seek help on this one problem.

</td></tr><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="100%" colSpan="2">Try to "use" stress
If you can't remedy, nor escape from, what is bothering you, flow with it and try to use it in a productive way

</td></tr><tr><td class="auto-style1" vAlign="top" width="100%" colSpan="2">Try to be positive
Give yourself messages as to how well you can cope rather than how horrible everything is going to be. "Stress can actually help memory, provided it is short-term and not too severe. Stress causes more glucose to be delivered to the brain, which makes more energy available to neurons. This, in turn, enhances memory formation and retrieval. On the other hand, if stress is prolonged, it can impede the glucose delivery and disrupt memory."

</td></tr></tbody></table><footer>"All Stressed Up", St. Paul Pioneer Press Dispatch, p. 8B, </footer>Most importantly:
if stress is putting you in an unmanageable state or interfering with your schoolwork, social and/or work life,
seek professional help
See also: Stress in a testing situation
Time management series Click on below links 4 more `infor

Time management | My daily schedule | My weekly schedule | Managing stress |
Scheduling my school calendar | My goals | Organizing my tasks |
Creating to-do lists | Avoiding procrastination | Developing self-discipline

Last edited by Space; 02-09-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

Mike:
Thanks for doing the Daily blog!
Devin:
Im sure glad we didnt get a huge amount of snow..
Unfortunately, My driveway and sidewalks are still ice covered and slick.
Apparently salt doesnt work to well when its below freezeing temps, single digits,high teens... I was out salting my walks..it sounded like it was working(typical snap crackleing poping sound)..only to findout this morning there still froze over..

Liz went into work today...So it looks like Lexi and I are in for a fun filled day of television .lol
Tad:
Your a good man to be helping out your neighbors!
Keane:
Since you made it into work... Maybe youll get to work in frozen foods permanently!

Morning Taz and Space Have a Great Day!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 02-09-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I was supposed to be in frozen last night david, didn't happen Tonight will be back as we have truck from last night and saturday nights load. Gonna be a fun one.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone, too early to be up

Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I was supposed to be in frozen last night david, didn't happen Tonight will be back as we have truck from last night and saturday nights load. Gonna be a fun one.

Good Morning David & `Keane
`Keane it's great that you were not `Frozen last night, but it's great to read that you are `gonna have fun 2night Thanks 4 your posts & Super Pic's...

`David, thanks for being Rick's mail man & picture poster
Wish you & Member's a Safe/Happy WeekEnd

Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Morning Everyone, too early to be up
`Mike I agree 4-Sure...What R U do'in `up so early on a weekend ? Couldn't you sleep ? Were you worry `bout space & our MCF Member's LOL

Like your new `sig, it looks like your Monte is ready to blast `off to another space

What R U doing 2day ? Is there snow in your area ?

Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

the snow here is rediculous! it pretty much snowed enough to cover half a car.. A few towns over got it worse. mom's ford escape has 'dissapeared' into the snow. My boss called me about 20 minutes ago asking if i can get to work & open. His car is stuck, my other coworker/manager can't come in (he lives atleast 15 miles away..) & his car is stuck. i'm the closest manager, & the road to home & back was horrific! I can't believe such a company is forcing people to go to work in vehicles that barely made it out of the parking lot.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, February 9th 2013