Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 24, 2011 < Santa's Eve

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 07:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space I think I found you helping Santa this morning is this you?

Last edited by Mels SS; 12-24-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning everyone, another OLDER guy checking in. I try to sleep in but never good at it. Once you are use to 5 or 5:30, it is tough. It does seem the older we get, the faster the years go by. I was thinking just the other day, how am I 47 already? Headed to my youngest sisters about 1 for dinner, fun, and some drinks. We always haev fun and play dice(654), cards, Bingo all for a little change to make it interesting. Then we will have the day to ourselves tomorrow. Have to get the car packed up and do our Christmas thing. I did manage to get the check engine light off yesterday, those darn gas caps. Got the Monte all washed up. Never travel in a dirty car if I can help it. Space-why cant those record breaking temps wait till I get there? Everyone travel safe and have a great day.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning, all. The blog sure is busy this morning, what with all us old people waking up at the crack of dawn. Rick, have a good trip to Arizona - take lots of pictures to share with us here on the Forum. We're off to clean the Monte and get ready to go to our daughter's house this evening. It's always fun to see the kids on Christmas Eve, surrounded by more toys than they can comprehend - this year should be extra special, so many friends and families have donated gifts by the bagfull. Lisa's chemo treatments have kept her from Christmas shopping so her employer and old college friends have pitched in to decorate her house, buy presents for the kids, and generally spread good cheer when it's needed the most.

Space, hope you have a good day with the SpaceBums. Will you have a big Christmas dinner with them and your senior friends? The Florida weather sounds wonderful - it's 25* here in St. Louis (but it feels more like 23*). Happy Christmas Eve!!!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
I think it us older guys thats up early.
hey hey, since when is 18 old:p

Old 12-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93

It's not old at all.

Good Morning everybody. The blog is on page 3 already? Wow.

Angie, that certainly is nice of Lisa's friends and co-workers to do that.

We got a dusting of snow during the night. Not enough worth shovelling. But enough to turn the grass white and make it look somewhat Christmassy.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Hi `Keane,
I sure hope 18 isn't old...I just turned 23 the 1st of this month, but I do feel kind'a old 2day ...LOL ~> & I don't think I would be `up all night `if I wasn't working night shifts...

I have always been a early riser, but my g/father said it's because I didn't want to miss anything
Keane, wish you a fun time with your friends & a E.Z. work load 2night @ the store...EnJoy the Season.
=======================================
LOL `Mel, yes it does look like my character `Space ~>
Thanks, it made me laugh ~>
===========================================
Hi Angie, yes I hope to leave early 2morrow after work I posted it in a earlier post 2day...Wish you a Super Fun Day/Eve & Santa`Day
==========================================
`Jerry, what did your Mother get U for Santa Day ? I hope that you have good weather in P'cola....We just had a member join from that' area that's in the Navy... You can't believe the weatherman in Florida...It can be sunny & bright in one county & thunderstorms in the next county...I think the Gulf Coast & the Atlantic Ocean plays a big part in constant changing weather.....Plus living on a Peninsula built on a sand barge doesn't help...We have sink holes that can just swallow up a car/home & people , yes 4-Sure....The price we pay to live in paradise....Wish U a fun day 2day & also a SuperSuper Fun Safe trip to the SunShine
==========================================
Hi Mike, happy new years eve birthday to your daughter...
Age is just a State of Mind ~> Think `young & Enjoy.
========================================
Hi Lou (Taz), great that you got a dusting of snow & hopefully it puts everyone in the Holiday Spirit.
Yes, the Blog was really active this early morning...I think we had some party member's that had been up all night, + yesterday Blog was really active & I think it broke a Blog Record (WoW) LOL
Wish you a Super Day & I hope you get a break & can enjoy the Holiday Season.
================================================== =========
Don't Stress `out & enjoy your day & don't 4-get to stop back & visit your Monte Carlo Family
p.s. Did anyone watch the Vid I posted on page one ? ? "I want a Alien for Christmas" It's X-Must C rated Yes 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 12-24-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Reason we were up so early. Is we were bored stiff last night. After going to the Mall of America yesterday. Not crowed at all. Did some walking around and had lunch there. Came home and did some packing for the trip. Then to watch some TV. But nothing was on. Damn reruns. So we fell to sleep on the couch & the recliner. Got up around 11 pm and went to bed. So at 4 am I was looking at the clock. When my wife go out of bed. I asked where you going? She said time to get up. Slept long enough. I rolled out also and made coffee. Busy day with family in a few hrs and some football. Whole family is into football. daughters son in laws me. ohhh not my wife. She watchs it cause theres nothing else for her to do. . Ok all got to get busy and get the Monte clean up also. Bright Sunny near 40 day here in Minn. C ya

Old 12-24-2011, 09:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Mom got the wife and I a new set of silverware, 2 table lamps and a matching floor lamp. The boy got a crispy $50. Now my brother gets 2 used lamps, set of used silverware and a used crock pot. Wifes parents got us a new c-pot. LOL. He needs the stuff anyways.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Angie: Thats cool stuff that all Lisa's friends are helping out. Good to have friends like that. Sounds like a good time your going to have tonight.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Morning All! I hope everyone is having a great Christmas Eve!! Got some snow up here in the mitten last night! Got home from work at 9 and went and took out my mini quad and tore up the front yard. Then decided to pull everyone behind it on the sled, most fun I have had in awhile.

I'll be checking in later.

And Sarge, awesome sig pic!!
Safe travels on your trips everyone!!

Luv Ash.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 24, 2011 < Santa's Eve