Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 24, 2011 < Santa's Eve

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 03:00 AM

Thank you Space for starting our daily blog again. I hope that you have an easy night and that you get off early so you can spend time with family and friends. Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all can get to spend the holiday with family and friends. I am looking forward to watching my little ones enjoy Christmas. I am going to sleep. I will check in later.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:29 AM

Good Christmas eve morning `Gregg,
I'm happy that you like your `sig. Wish you a Super Holidays with your family...I hope to get off early 2morrow morning & travel to see my BeachBum Family...With my work schedule I presently don't have the time I wish to spend with my family or friends...That will hopefully change in another year. Giving `Up to get isn't easy, but it seems nothing good in this life is easy 4-Sure...
EnJoy your day, and Christmas with family...
Thanks for your early morning post/words

Last edited by Space; 12-24-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:58 AM

Mornin guys. Tried (not completely successfully) to flip my sleep pattern back to "normal." Woke up for good around 2. I was shooting for between 4 and 5 (which is still sleeping in compared to when i was on Active Duty LOL). CRAP!!! I'm out of coffee. Not good not good not good. I'm gonna have to go get some I think :/

Old 12-24-2011, 04:07 AM

Good Morning `Drew (Sarge),
Life without coffee, is like life without human fuel
I hope there's a place close to you to fuel `up
Just think how many are out there with No Coffee, No Food, No Christmas gifts, No Home etc.....~> See things could `be so much worse...Wish You a Hot Cup of Coffee & a Happy Day/Life from `Space

Old 12-24-2011, 04:13 AM

I gotta admit, I don't drink NEARLY as much coffee as I did when I was on Active Duty. I still love the taste of it though. I forget where I saw it, but I read somewhere that coffee may help stave off prostate cancer in men. As long as I've been drinking coffee that's welcome news. I don't think prostate cancer has run in my family but several other types of cancer do. If I ever have any daughters I'll have to make sure they're aware that breast cancer runs in the family. And any kids I have will have to be aware that diabetes runs in my family, especially type II.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Christmas Eve Morning everyone. Hi Space, Ryan, Drew, Gregg. Its 4:26 am in the Rick house. Wife and I are up and at 'em already. Can't sleep any more. Damn its 11 degrees here WOW!!! Making my 1st of many cups of coffee this morning. I'd like for you all to read my last post on retirement. I think there is a misunderstanding. I tried to explain it. . Kind of a busy day around the Rick house to day. Packing , washing some clothes for the trip watching every football game there is today. On my TV anyways. Then around 2 pm head over to my youngest daughters for Christmas Eve dinner. ( hint) Prime Rib) OMG!!! Bringing The Captain with me. MORGAN that is ha ha ha ha. I WISH & HOPE EVERYONE ON HERE GETS TO SPEND TIME WITH THEIR FAMILYS & FRIENDS & LOVED ONES! Drew I hope you and the new girl on the block Brooke have a great day together ... Space hope you and the BUMS have a Fantastic day together. Your one COOL DUDE. Gregg take a lot of pixs of the new baby at Christmas Ryan have a good day with your family . off to get tha coffee. Drew when I was in the Navy I drank more damn coffee and smoked more then I ever did. Quit smoking when I got married. But the Coffee is still there. cccccccccccccccc YA

Old 12-24-2011, 04:45 AM

Good Christmas eve Morning `Rick,
WoW, it's cold where you are We are having a heat wave for this time of year in Florida...The warehouses were in the 90's yesterday & the outside temps were around 85 degree's.
Many records were broken, but it's good for the visitor's to the SunShine State to EnJoy...

Thanks for your kind words & I'm really looking 4ward to seeing my BeachBum Family 2morrow morning after I finish my night shift.

I will revisit your retired thread...I bet you can't wait to head to warmer weather..
Wish you & family a Super Christmas & holidays 4-Sure...
EnJoy...

Oh, please share some coffee with `Drew (Sarge) lol

Old 12-24-2011, 05:03 AM

1 Year Member
Default christmas eve morning

Thanks Space. And your right. I can't wait to get on the rd to warmer weather I love Phoenix at this time of the yr. Temps in the high 60's to mid 70's EVERYDAY. Sunny EVERYDAY. Wash the car once a week just to get the dust off Yeah ya know what Space I bet Drew and I could put a lot of coffee down between the both of us. Before I joined the Navy I never ever touched it. But once I made rank. My petty officer in charge of us. Called me aside. And told me....Son If I ever see you without a cup of joe and a smoke in the other hand. I'll put you to work like a red headed step child . Bet on this. He never ever did. Not sure that stuff was coffee aborad ship. BUT I drank the hell out of it Used to be able to buy smokes ( Lucky's) from the ship store once we were past the 3 mile limit for 10 cents a pack. I bought a case . and kept them in my seabag locked up. Till i needed more. Sure glad my wife asked me to quit when our oldest Son was born. I'd most likely be dead by now. ok back to gettting some stuff done. Tad if you get a chance to read this have a great trip and take plenty of pic's. Enjoy your family

Old 12-24-2011, 05:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well waiting on wife to finish up getting ready then we are off to Lansing Airport to goto kansas to see the Grand Kids. Won't be back on-line till the 29th ors so Unless the kids give grand pa a break then I may drop in for a bit.

You all have a wonderful Holiday, Be save, Be happy, Lend a hand to some one that could use some help.

C ya all soon!

Old 12-24-2011, 05:23 AM

1 Year Member

Oh Hell Tad. I thought you guys were driving to Ks. Well that is faster. Hope you have a great trip. Rick

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Saturday, December 24, 2011 < Santa's Eve