Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, April 7th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 01:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone! Sold my ninja within 48 hours of posting on craigslist lol. Actually got $500 more than I was originally asking in February. I'll be working about 50-55 hour weeks between my two jobs this summer so I'm hoping I can save up enough to buy a new Harley Nightster. Unsure if I could get any financing right now. Only credit history I have is for the Monte and it will be a little while before that's paid off, but I don't have any late payments so idk. Probably just going to wait until fall and try to pay cash for one so I don't have to worry about another payment next school year.

Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend. I have dinner with my family tonight and tomorrow evening with my gf's family. Fortunately for me I have all of my homework done so I can relax for the weekend!

Old 04-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

afternoon everyone, sarge i hope your t stat change is easier than my 3.1 job was Got a windshield mount for my phone today and set my screen up for torque. I have it displaying rpm's, engine load%, coolant temp, mpg (instant and average) throttle%, and estimated distance until empty. Im pretty happy with it, reponse is good and theres alot of other data to get too. Im off to work in a bit, probably be another busy night

Heres the window mount i got, except mine is a universal mount from the at&t store.

Amazon.com: Samsung Infuse 4G (At&t) Car Windshield Dash Mount Cradle Holder Kit SGH-i997: Cell Phones & Accessories

Old 04-07-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
afternoon everyone, sarge i hope your t stat change is easier than my 3.1 job was Got a windshield mount for my phone today and set my screen up for torque. I have it displaying rpm's, engine load%, coolant temp, mpg (instant and average) throttle%, and estimated distance until empty. Im pretty happy with it, reponse is good and theres alot of other data to get too. Im off to work in a bit, probably be another busy night

Heres the window mount i got, except mine is a universal mount from the at&t store.

Amazon.com: Samsung Infuse 4G (At&t) Car Windshield Dash Mount Cradle Holder Kit SGH-i997: Cell Phones & Accessories
I have a similar mount then I got a phone case and it doesn't work anymore lol but they are great!

Old 04-07-2012, 03:03 PM

4 1/2 hours and nothing to show. Freakin stud on the thermostat housing broke and I can't get it out. Walked to the parts store (2 1/2 miles one way) to get one of those sockets that is supposed to pull it out. Can't get it to hook onto the stud ugh. So unless I can get it off later I'll be having it towed to the shop and having them do it for me as much as I hate to do it. I'm not walking to the parts store again. Unfreakin believable. If it hadn't been for that stud breaking I would have had it done in 10 minutes tops. Didn't even get to the camaro (discovered I'd need two more parts for it). Not my day. Now I don't even know how I'm gonna get to church in the morning. Hopefully I can find someone to give me a ride.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Justin-can we get a close up on those wheels of yours? Looks pretty cool
I am finishing up my third car detail today. Did my Mom's, Mine , and now finishing the wife's. That dang Impala is huge. Looking good though. She made me put her tires back to yellow. Her and the yellow. Guess I can't say anything. Her car is like waxing 2 Montes.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS
Good afternoon everyone! Sold my ninja within 48 hours of posting on craigslist lol. Actually got $500 more than I was originally asking in February. I'll be working about 50-55 hour weeks between my two jobs this summer so I'm hoping I can save up enough to buy a new Harley Nightster. Unsure if I could get any financing right now. Only credit history I have is for the Monte and it will be a little while before that's paid off, but I don't have any late payments so idk. Probably just going to wait until fall and try to pay cash for one so I don't have to worry about another payment next school year.

Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend. I have dinner with my family tonight and tomorrow evening with my gf's family. Fortunately for me I have all of my homework done so I can relax for the weekend!
The best way to establish credit is with a credit card. Take some of the money you got from your bike and use it to get a secured credit card. Revolving credit seems to be better for credit ratings than standard credit like a car loan or home mortgage. When you have the card never use more than fifty percent of your credit limit. Your credit score should jump quickly. Just don't let the credit card get out of hand. Also don't get more than two credit cards.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:57 PM

Good evening everyone. Been busy at the mouse house again tonight. I'm glad I have just over three hours until my weekend. I'm planning on going to my I laws tomorrow so the girls can do an Easter Egg hunt. Watching my girls is so much fun. I never know what they are going to saw or do. Alexis has been hilarious. We have been working on potty training and she is finally taking it serious. We are having few accidents. Yesterday she was sitting on the big girl toilet to go poopy. She seems to like to watch for the splash. Just after it did she yells out "swim poopies, swim". At that all we could do was laugh. Susan took a pic of the incident and sent the play by play. Susan was expecting it because Alexis did this the last time she went potty. This morning Susan was telling me that Alexis was talking about her brain and that she didn't know where it was. When she came into my bedroom to wake me up I asked her where her brain was at. She said daddy I left it in the van. I told her that it wasn't in the van and that it was in her head. She said no daddy it's in my butt. I couldn't stop laughing. Out of the mouth of a three year old.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

hey everyone. slow blog day everyone must be out having fun. I got my resonator removed today shot some targets and ran all over the place. atleast the monte got some highway miles on it.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

evening all, busy night at work. Glad im finally done, awaiting news to get the heck out of being a cashier....Who knows