Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: >Saturday, April 26, 2014 >Check In<

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah I am going to detail it this summer. I just want to wait till it gets nicer much more constant.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:28 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning all - busy day for me

Old 04-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good morning everyone, well the cold seems to be in it's final stages, but I have been fooled by it once already lol.

Not sure what's up for today, wouldn't mind washing and waxing both the vehicles and doing some minor touch up work on the wife's monte, she has a bit of pain missing around the wheel wells from the winter stuff, nothing major but if you don't keep on top of it, well I am sure you are all well aware of how fast rust can eat away at a vehicle.

Mike - I replaced both of the a arms on my car as well as new wheel bearings on both sides and tie rods about 3 weeks ago, cost me a total of just over $400, the garage wanted almost $1700 to do just one of each, glad you were able to do the work yourself, it made my car ride and drive like brand new again (not that it was that bad in the first place, but afterwards I did notice that it wasn't for lack of a better term surging upon acceleration it would almost seem like you were hitting little bumps in the road when getting up to speed from a stop)

Old 04-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SpaceRider

Hi 'Keane,
Your job sure makes you very unhappy & that's sad . I sure hope that you are searching for a better place to work.
I know that the Blog is a good place to share you frustrations in life, but you sure have been under a lot of stress with your job. I hope that you can find a better place that doesn't always drag your spirits down 4>Sure.

Wish you good luck on your search & finding something that will be less stressful and that you might enjoy.

I know you like electronics/computers etc. Maybe you could find a position in a store that sells them ? >Just a suggestion ? Good Luck!
Problem is, with the new healthcare, many places have limited part time workers hours. So finding a better place to work is hard, i have an application going out in the mail today for a job. Maybe i'll get lucky, but any time i hope about making more money, it never happens.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi everyone. I don't usually post in the blog, but last night was scary. I drove the Monte to my first job, and my wife told me there was a chance for hail, so I brought the car home and took the SUV. I'm glad I did. We had 2 tornadoes locally, both about a mile from my house. One of them tore up a trailer park, and the other one took the roof off the local university and knocked down power lines. I was at my second job, and the ride home was full of flooded roads, broken trees, trees through houses, the entire city and most of the county had NO power until about 6 this morning. My wife was safe, as was the rest of our family. We were lucky. Never take anything for granted, as it could be gone in an instant. We are used to hurricanes around here...but not **** like this.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile "What `if ? >Really >What `if ?<"

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Hi everyone. I don't usually post in the blog, but last night was scary. I drove the Monte to my first job, and my wife told me there was a chance for hail, so I brought the car home and took the SUV. I'm glad I did. We had 2 tornadoes locally, both about a mile from my house. One of them tore up a trailer park, and the other one took the roof off the local university and knocked down power lines. I was at my second job, and the ride home was full of flooded roads, broken trees, trees through houses, the entire city and most of the county had NO power until about 6 this morning. My wife was safe, as was the rest of our family. We were lucky. Never take anything for granted, as it could be gone in an instant. We are used to hurricanes around here...but not **** like this.

Hi `John,
It's great 2 read that You > Family & your Monte + are OK & safe >4>Sure Thanks for sharing & hopefully it will remind the reader(s) that they are fortunate when they have a safe day without incidents/accidents or worse I grew 'up with seniors & they would always say to enjoy your 'present > your NOW > What `if ? >Stuff happens & sometimes it's not good.

I hope you continue to post on the `blog & share what's happening in your life ? Your Monte ? Your rides > etc.
*A active forum keeps our sponsors happy + it lets your online Monte Carlo Family know more 'bout >`John +

OK, that's all that fall'in outa my head...I must clean `up & get ready 2 party 2night & Celebrate > Life...
======================================
p.s. `Keane, Good Luck on finding/getting a job that you can enjoy & not drive you CRAZY . Oh, you can use your Monte Carlo Family as references

Peace/Happy > Out > Bum'Mike

Old 04-26-2014, 05:34 PM

What's up everyone? Wild weather where I am in dirty Jerz. Sunny thunderstorms and then a rainbow! A beautiful day with spots of dark clouds reminded me how thankful I am to be alive and just how fortunate I am. Bought some sanding blocks to buff the plastic parts going on the Monte too. Time to find grub!!

Old 04-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

evening all

Old 04-26-2014, 10:39 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good evening all - got everything done today so I can relax tomorrow.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

I still conclude this as Saturday so what's up everyone. I am sitting around a fire and the weather is not to bad at all. Have a good night everyone.