Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: SATURDAY, 5-24-2014 >Check In<

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow SATURDAY, 5-24-2014 >Check In<

Name:  stars.gif
Views: 276
Size:  7.5 KBName:  stars.gif
Views: 276
Size:  7.5 KB

Monte Carlo Friends
to your
Member's `Blog
Saturday, May 24th, 2014

What are you doing Today ?
What are you doing to your Monte Carlo ?

* Members, post what is happening in your life/family, your hobbie's, cars, etc.
* The MCF is here for you * 7/24 *
New Member's
Make a post & become a part of our
Monte Carlo Family

The MCF is a StressFree-Fun-Automotive Family Zone
Please don't hurt with your words/post!
Your words paint the picture of you in the minds of the readers!

Give Respect to `Member's - Get Respect from `Member's
If you have not read our MCF Rules ?
Please click below link to enjoy your MCF experience
-> Please Read - Thank You! - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums
^`Click ^

May 2014

Winner
Name:  trophy-1.gif
Views: 277
Size:  2.3 KB
Congratulations to J.C. Colon
Garfield, NJ

^JC Colon's YellowJac SS" ^

Winner 2013

Name:  trophy-1.gif
Views: 277
Size:  2.3 KB

2004 Chevrolet Supercharged Street-Show-Racing Monte Carlo S.S.
Congratulations
Owner: Brent Nichol
London, Ontario Canada
\

Thanks to our MCF Staff & Active member's for their dedication to the MCF..
* Please welcome our new member's to our Monte Family!
Any member can start our Member's Blog after midnight (12 AM EST).
Just copy & paste & change the day/dates!
Today's Blog started just
for you!

Attached Images
File Type: gif
trophy-1.gif (2.3 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-24-2014 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:33 AM
Arrow Wish all a safe/happy Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day in United States

Quick Facts

Memorial Day commemorates all Americans, who have died in military service for the United States.Local names

NameLanguageMemorial DayEnglishDía de la MemoriaSpanishיום הזיכרון (ארצות הברית)Hebrewيوم الذكرىArabic메모리얼 데이KoreanMemorial DayGermanAlternative name

Decoration Day
Memorial Day 2014

Monday, May 26, 2014
Memorial Day 2015

Monday, May 25, 2015
List of dates for other years
Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May. It was formerly known as Decoration Day and commemorates all men and women, who have died in military service for the United States. Many people visit cemeteries and memorials on Memorial Day and it is traditionally seen as the start of the summer season.

Memorial Day remembers those who died serving the United States military.
©iStockphoto.com/ Alan Crosthwaite

What do people do?

It is traditional to fly the flag of the United States at half mast from dawn until noon. Many people visit cemeteries and memorials, particularly to honor those who have died in military service. Many volunteers place an American flag on each grave in national cemeteries. Memorial Day is combined with Jefferson Davis' Birthday in Mississippi.
Memorial Day has become less of an occasion of remembrance. Many people choose to hold picnics, sports events and family gatherings on this weekend. This day is traditionally seen as the start of the summer season for cultural events. For the fashion conscious, it is seen as acceptable to wear white clothing, particularly shoes from Memorial Day until Labor Day. However, fewer and fewer people follow this rule and many wear white clothing throughout the year.
Public life

Memorial Day is a federal holiday. All non-essential Government offices are closed, as are schools, businesses and other organizations. Most public transit systems do not run on their regular schedule. Many people see Memorial Day weekend as an opportunity to go on a short vacation or visit family or friends. This can cause some congestion on highways and at airports.
Background

Memorial Day started as an event to honor Union soldiers, who had died during the American Civil War. It was inspired by the way people in the Southern states honored their dead. After World War I, it was extended to include all men and women, who died in any war or military action.
Memorial Day was originally known as Decoration Day. The current name for this day did not come into use until after World War II. Decoration Day and then Memorial Day used to be held on May 30, regardless of the day of the week, on which it fell. In 1968, the Uniform Holidays Bill was passed as part of a move to use federal holidays to create three-day weekends. This meant that that, from 1971, Memorial Day holiday has been officially observed on the last Monday in May. However, it took a longer period for all American states to recognize the new date.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-24-2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!
Headed to bed shortly, Have a cruise in to go to tonight, meeting up with Dylan and his white 06 for it. Should be a pretty relaxed Saturday!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Old 05-24-2014, 03:33 AM
Cool >Remember those who served their country for Peace<

Good Morning `Devin,
Wish you a good rest & a Super Cruise this `eve. Sure hope U take some pic's 2 share with the MCF

How did it go at the dealership ? Did they find the problem ? Sure hope so (?)

It's going to be super Hot 2day...Yesterday it was way over 100 degree's in the warehouses....The beaches will be packed 2day 4-Sure... I hope 2 get there later.

Wish everyone a Super Weekend > Drive Safe/Smart/EnJoy

Attached Thumbnails SATURDAY, 5-24-2014 &gt;Check In&lt;-good-morning1.jpg  

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-27-2014 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:15 AM
Cool Something `free 2 watch 2night ? >EnJoy<

Meteor Shower Could Be A "Meteor Storm" Tonight

CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida -- Astronomers predict that a meteor shower never seen by humans before will appear overnight tonight on May 23-24, 2014.

The meteor shower, named the Camelopardalid meteor shower, will be caused by debris particles from the Comet 209P/LINEAR. The dim comet was just discovered in 2004 and comes within Earth's orbit once every five years as it orbits the Sun.

In 2010, astronomers Esko Lyytinen of Finland and Peter Jenniskens at NASA Ames Research Center predicted that the Earth would collide with space dust left by the comet on the night of May 23-24, 2014.

Most forecasters agree that the Earth will pass through the comet's debris streams on May 24, 2014. However, no one is sure how much debris the Earth will encounter because it depends on how debris was left by the comet back in the 1800's.

There could be so much debris that the meteor shower will become a meteor storm. "Some forecasters have predicted more than 200 meteors per hour," said Bill Cooke, head of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office.

Best Time to Watch the May 24th Meteor Storm

The best time to look is during the hours between 6:00 and 08:00 Universal Time on May 24th or between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

Where To Watch
Best viewing will be in North America because the peak occurs during nighttime hours while the radiant is high in the sky.

Where To Look in the Sky

You can tell if a meteor belongs to a particular shower by tracing back its path to see if it originates near a specific point in the sky, called the radiant. The constellation in which the radiant is located gives the shower its name, and in this case, Camelopardalids will appear to come from a point in the constellation Camelopardalis.

"We expect these meteors to radiate from a point in Camelopardalis, also known as 'the giraffe', a faint constellation near the North Star," Cooke said.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-24-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Mornin' folks!

Baby duck is a needy little fellow and I been giving him a lot of time, which I am short on. He is very cute and very social. Not really what I expected, but I am learning lots. He makes friends with everyone and everything. Here he is sleeping with his buddies

Name:  IMG_0399.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  37.0 KB

I really need my wife to have our actual baby before Sunday. Or after. But not tomorrow during the Indy 500 or CocaCola 600. It's a big race day for me and I'd like to pound a few Buds. But we are on high alert here! Any second now...

Old 05-24-2014, 06:48 AM
Cool Thanks for the update & pic!

I really need my wife to have our actual baby before Sunday.

LoL `Brent, U R a `Trip > A fun one > Enjoy your posts/thoughts/posts...

My answer> Induce labor What ? > LOL
Seriously, wish you & your wife a easy delivery & a healthy new miracle in your lives.

I can only imagine the anticipation of this major event & I hope you can enjoy your races....

p.s. LOL > Love the baby duck & thanks 4 the new pic..."Baby `Duck can be your Monte of the Year Mascot" > >New pic's please<
Wish you Happy/Safe events in `Life!

Old 05-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good mornin' all.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

Happy Memorial weekend!
Don't forget to give prayers and Thanks to those who have fallen and served that allowed us these Great freedoms we now enjoy!

God Bless all the Men and Women in our armed forces! and Ty for your services!

No specific plans here for the weekend...

Stay safe ev1!

Old 05-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Cool >Happy Day 2 U >2 `all<

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Good mornin' all.

Good Morning West-Coast `Mike,
Are you still searching 4 your dream `ride ?

I hope U can find the one that you desire

I like this one

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-24-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: SATURDAY, 5-24-2014 >Check In<