Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you wear safey glasses on the job.
I have to wear them, it's company policy.
50.00%
I don't have to wear safety glasse on the job.
27.78%
I would hate it if I had to wear safety glasses on the job.
0%
I wear glasses 24/7 and have to, I'm blind without them....
22.22%
I hate glasses period, on the job or not on the job.
0%
The more I drink, the better I look with or without any type of glasses.....
22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Safety glasses on the job...... New policy

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol its funny (knock on wood) i never wear saftey glasses doing anything on the car or yard work etc and everytime something gets close to my eyes it waters right out. work its mandatory though

Old 03-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I wore safety glasses for 12 years 8 hours a day while I was working in the factory, didn't matter what department we all had to wear them. You get used to having them on after a while.

I also used to use them for riding my motorcycles at night as they keep a lot more of the wind out of your ears and I was never one for those aviator type goggles, just not my style lol. Go to a safety store and see what type of selection they have or can get, as you can get some fairly decent looking safety glasses nowadays that have the wire rims and everything and don't feel as bulky on your face.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

update, I had Monday off from work so today was the first 8 hour day wearing safety glasses and let me tell you, they suck........... Hopefully it gets better after a few more days.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

just like regular glasses, keep them clean and try not to scratch them. depending on what i'm doing at work i'll sometimes need a pair of safety glasses. when i'm outside I had a pair of tinted dewalt glasses that I loved... had them for 2 years, been through a lot with them, I believe they were scratch resistant and easy enough to forget I was wearing them. had them fall off my hat and ran them over with a tractor last week, and I bought another pair at lowes ($10 ouch) but worth it if they are as good as the last pair.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:02 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Nope don't need to were safety glasses to operate the equipment at my work, but I wear eyeglasses all the time or I couldn't see. I should probably wear ear protection cause the Zund plotter is as loud as a jet taking off when it's in use.

Old 03-07-2014, 03:33 AM

They require safety glasses and steel toed shoes set my job. That's the way it was at my previous job as well (minus steel toed shoes). I've also worn glasses since I was 7 or 8 (and contacts since I was 15) as well. I've been contemplating LASIK myself as my current jobs insurance will pay for part of it.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:17 AM

Our policy doesn't cover the whole shop, since they took part of the shop and made office area, so now its shared.
We wear safety glasses when using ANY type of power tool. we have electric and Air tools.
Yes, the cheap ones are awkward, I have a good set that fits over my glasses.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I wear glasses but mostly wear contact lenses. I do a lot of demolition at my job so i wear safety glasses most of the time. especially when tearing out ceramic tile. that stuff is dangerous. My favorite pair i have right now are a old 80's style glasses. Similar to these

Old 03-16-2014, 09:25 PM

Don't have to wear them, but I am outside all day so I wear sunglasses.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:54 PM

When I was in school taking auto tech I always took mine off and the instructor hated me for it, I just feel like I can't see right! The only time I do willingly wear safety glasses is when I'm using my grinder..
As for sunglasses, I have a good pair of Ray bans and I feel like they are to dark to drive with so I just suffer with the sun in my eyes

Quick Reply: Safety glasses on the job...... New policy