Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> Sad Story + Message 2 Live Now <

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy > Sad Story + Message 2 Live Now <

Hi `Members,
Below is another sad story that happens on planet earth everyday to many to prove that human life is fragile and can happen to anyone, of any age, at any time.. I don't know why ? Maybe it's a reminder to `all that life is fragile & that it can end ? I'm not sure of the reason(s) ?

I often post to "EnJoy your journey of `Life, what if ?", as a reminder to all to extract the most from each day they are given..I was taught and know that each day that we get is another day closer to our end of our human life...We can never get today back, once it is gone 4-Sure!

I post this thread as a reminder to live, to love the ones you love (now), and to enjoy your journeys of life + your Monte Carlo's.
I was taught to share, because I care...I do care about others, I do care about `life..., it is one of my reasons to make this thread.

I'm sure this young man in the story below never thought when he started his day that it would be his last .

I do hope this thread, this story is a reminder to you to live and enjoy your life...To love the ones you love & let them know you `do...(The below boy is related to one of the employee's I work with)

Boy, 11, who was struck by lightning during football practice dies after being taken off life support by parents

By HUGO GYE and LESLIE LARSON
PUBLISHED: 09:09 EST, 8 October 2012 | UPDATED: 09:09 EST, 8 October 2012

An 11-year-old boy who was struck by lightning on the football field died yesterday after being removed from life support by his devastated parents.
Jesse Watlington, a middle-schooler at the Southwest Florida Christian Academy in Fort Myers, Florida, had been in a coma for four days after a bolt of lightning ran through his body during football practice on Wednesday.
On Sunday morning, his parents took the gut-wrenching decision not to keep him alive after neurological tests indicated he had little chance of recovery.

Shock: A Florida community is in shock after 11-year-old Jesse Watlington was struck by lightning during football practice

Jesse's father Chuck wrote on Facebook: 'Our precious little son Jesse is now with our Lord and Saviour Jesus.
'We would like to thank the thousands of you for all your love, support and prayers! Jesse has touched the lives of literally thousands of people around the world.'

The boy died of heart failure just 20 minutes after being removed from life support.
His 14-year-old sister Carolina paid tribute to Jesse online, writing: 'I will always love you Jesse. Everything I do will be for YOU.'

Tragedy: The terrible accident occurred on Wednesday as the boy took the field for football practice

The freak injury happened as a storm began to develop and Jesse was the first person to set foot on the turf.
The young boy was struck by the bolt and stopped breathing on the field.

School officials were in shock after the tragic accident.

'There was no visual expectation, no sound expectation ... it's just very, very surprising,' Pastor Richard Powell, who leads the McGregor Baptist Church which runs the school, told WFTX-TV.

Tragic: Jesse died on Sunday after his parents made the devastating decision to take him off life support

Given the prevalence of lightning and severe weather in the area, the school's athletic department monitors lightning levels and signals.

Mr Powell said that the coaches had used a lightning measuring device before practice but it didn't register any electrical activity.

The school and church community had gathered around the Watlington family, praying for a miracle.
'Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. The support we are receiving is overwhelming,' his mother Alda, wrote on her Facebook page.
'This battle is far from over, so please, keep praying and ask your friends to pray for Jesse. I can't wait to bring my baby home again,' she added in her message on Friday, shortly after the school held a prayer service for Jesse on Thursday night.

The school cancelled all athletic events throughout the weekend in honour of Jesse.
============================================

I hope the above reminded you to be thankful to `be, and to enjoy your present of a new day. I hope it's also a reminder to all to not take life 4-granted & to extract the most from each day that you are given ? Now, go love life, the ones you love + your Monte Carlo...What `if ?

Peace/Love/Happiness to you.....

Last edited by Space; 10-11-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM

===========================
EnJoy your `Journey of Life 4-$ure

What`if ?
"love the ones U love ~ Love `Life"

tick-tick-tick

Last edited by Space; 10-10-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

That's terrible, we always tried to take cover from things like that.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Such a tragic thing to happen. I'm sure that had to be the parents' hardest decision they've ever had to make.

When I watch the 5:00 news here, it's terrible at the number of tragic deaths. It makes you appreciate the days you have a little more.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Not that I stick my head in the sand. But I won't read or listen to stuff involing children. Life is sad enough in your own world. And to add to it by reading more or watching it on the news. NO I won't. It make me extremly mad & sad when something like this happens. My hands feel like their tied so I can't do a thing to help. I hate being helpless like that. Thats why i hate to read things or listen to it on Tv or the radio. Life is too short!

Old 10-10-2012, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
That's terrible, we always tried to take cover from things like that.
Hi `Brock, yes most do take cover, but in Tropical area's like Florida there can be no signs of lightning...Even where this event happened they had high-tech monitor's to check lightning activity & there was no signs...We can have lightning with clear skies.
I know that above story is sad, but I hope that you & member's get the message that it contains... Thanks `Brock for your post ~> Be safe out there 4-Sure

Originally Posted by Taz
Such a tragic thing to happen. I'm sure that had to be the parents' hardest decision they've ever had to make.

When I watch the 5:00 news here, it's terrible at the number of tragic deaths. It makes you appreciate the days you have a little more.

Thanks `Lou for your post & extracting the meaning/reason for this thread. I hope it makes others think & appreciate life and not take it 4-granted 4-Sure...

"Seeing death as the end of life, is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean"

^ Share, cause you care........
EnJoy your `present - Now Celebrate everyday that you are given..!>.Peace/Happiness to you

Last edited by Space; 10-10-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Not that I stick my head in the sand. But I won't read or listen to stuff involing children. Life is sad enough in your own world. And to add to it by reading more or watching it on the news. NO I won't. It make me extremly mad & sad when something like this happens. My hands feel like their tied so I can't do a thing to help. I hate being helpless like that. Thats why i hate to read things or listen to it on Tv or the radio. Life is too short!

Hi `Rick,
Thanks for expressing your thoughts...
I can understand your feelings & the sadness of a loss of a young man this age...

I did not make this thread to make member's sad , I made it to remind everyone how fragile that human life can `be for `all.

Many don't like to think about death, but I believe that if one knows that they could die(or someone they love) at any time, that it will remind them to live everyday & extract the most from `it...

I wish everyone a long happy life, but what `if ?

"Just a Reminder to Live" ~> Now
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 10-10-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Couldn't imagine that....

Old 10-10-2012, 08:11 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Very sad - it's also tragic that practically every morning on the news that I hear of another poor innocent kid get's shot and killed on the streets of Chicago.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:42 AM

This thread is sad 4-Sure, but the intent is a reminder to live, love and pursue your happiness in life...

Extract the most from everyday that you are given...

Remember to love the ones you love & let them know `it
(Including your Monte Carlo )

Each day we are given is another day closer to the `End

The World's Current Death Rate

<CITE style="FONT-STYLE: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,153,51)">www.hebrew4christians.com/About_HFC/Death.../death_rate.html</CITE>
Over 150,000 People Die Every Day. The number of people in the world ... 153,000deaths per day; 56.0 million deaths per year; 3.9 billion deaths per average ...

<BUTTON style="BORDER-BOTTOM: rgb(170,170,170) 1px solid; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(204,204,204) 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(224,224,224); MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 22px; BOTTOM: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: block; FONT: bold 11px arial, sans-serif; WORD-WRAP: normal; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; HEIGHT: 22px; COLOR: rgb(85,85,85); VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; BORDER-TOP: rgb(204,204,204) 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-RIGHT: rgb(204,204,204) 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 0px; opacity: 1; -webkit-box-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 0px 0px 1px inset; box-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 0px 0px 1px inset; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 0px 1px 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 2px; border-bottom-left-radius: 2px; border-top-left-radius: 2px; border-top-right-radius: 2px" class="addto-button video-actions addto-watch-later-button yt-uix-button yt-uix-button-default yt-uix-button-short yt-uix-tooltip" title="Watch Later" role=button onclick=";return false;" data-video-ids="XiOcW_YR1G8"></BUTTON>

Official music video for Tim McGraw's 'LIVE LIKE YOU WERE DYING' © CURB RECORDS
5 years ago | 1,994,732 views
by timmcgrawofficial

Is it party time yet ? Don't 4-get to Celebrate `Life..Everyday ~> Now !!!
Peace/Love/Happiness to you

Last edited by Space; 10-11-2012 at 08:19 AM.