Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Rita

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Default RE: Rita

im telling ya send it over here and i will protect it for ya !!

besides then i will have a car to drive over here till mine gets out of the shop LOL

Old 09-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

hey i think it was a great idea to stay becuase with the exploded bus on 45 it would have taken you longer than 20 hours and i dont think its been bad enough to drive 20 hours but if you came to dallas some time we would definitly need to have a monte meet

Old 09-24-2005, 07:44 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What a rough night.....

We made it through it with no damage....... And we still have power which is amazing..

hey i think it was a great idea to stay becuase with the exploded bus on 45 it would have taken you longer than 20 hours and i dont think its been bad enough to drive 20 hours but if you came to dallas some time we would definitly need to have a monte meet
That was so sad.... All those people on that bus were elderly people that in most cases could not move without assistance. They simply burned to death on board the bus.... Sad.... So so sad....

We may have a meet going on in Austin... I'll keep you posted..

im telling ya send it over here and i will protect it for ya !!

besides then i will have a car to drive over here till mine gets out of the shop LOL
What happened to your Monte??

Old 09-24-2005, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: montejass
What a rough night.....
We made it through it with no damage....... And we still have power which is amazing..
somebody was watching over you[sm=grinangel.gif]

glad you guys made it through unscathed, just as I was glad that it had died down to a cat.1 hurricane instead of the catastrophic cat.5

Old 09-25-2005, 12:52 AM

Glad things turned out to be better than anticipated.

Texas has some damage. Terrible what happened to those folks on the bus.

Please.. enough of the hurricanes this year.[&:]

Tj

Old 09-25-2005, 11:22 AM

quote:

What a rough night.....

somebody was watching over you

glad you guys made it through unscathed, just as I was glad that it had died down to a cat.1 hurricane instead of the catastrophic cat.5
Glad things turned out to be better than anticipated.

Texas has some damage. Terrible what happened to those folks on the bus.

Please.. enough of the hurricanes this year.

Tj
Thanks, we were very lucky, my house is still without power.... No more of these hurricanes please...

Old 09-25-2005, 05:58 PM

Thanks, we were very lucky, my house is still without power.... No more of these hurricanes please...
I thought you said you had power?

Old 09-25-2005, 07:11 PM

i feel for the famies that had passengers on that bus. it is sad to see things like that happen.
Also im glad to hear that it died down to a cat1 storm befor eit did alot of damage.

As far as my monte it is here and doing well Althou yeaster day on the way back from our club trip i almost lost it when a fool kid Germany driver hit the guard rail and spun out in front of my wife and kid that were riding inbetween this idiot and me

I seen him start to lose it in my mior and punched it to get out of the way and then had to wit to see what happend after the cloud of dust cleard to see if my son and wife and her frend and her child made it threw with out being involved in it.

He hit the center guar rail did a 360 acrossed three lanes of the autobond in a unrestricted area and then when back acrosed and hit the center rail again before stopping there.

Three teenaged kids got out and they started to laugh about it.

Thank god no body was hurt and not other cars were damaged to bad.

Mine had some small scrathes on it from flying debree and the frends car cought some stuff in her door but nothing to bad both cars were nolonger the right color from all he kicked up.

But my car has some small things i want to get it to teh dearler ship to get it fixed b4 warrnety runs out on it.

pax seat nolonger slides forrward to allow pax in .
front right dash is startting to seperate where the air bags are at.
dimming dash lights
stereo wont play a CD with out kicking it out fifty times
center councel paint is really bad looking
radiator after they did the recall on it is now brown and nolonger orange. (soon to be a total flush and green!!!!)

oh and the other thign the rotors feel like they are warped on it it is starting to shudder when stopping hard.

And the steering shaft has started to clunk on it. Almost feels like it could be that or the front rack goign bad on it not sure witch for sure. but everythign feels and looks tight under it so that steerign shaft is all i can think of.
few other small things also. nothign to make it stop moveing yet LOL
So i just want them to get it done b4 i have to pay out of pocket for it all to be done.

Old 09-25-2005, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i feel for the famies that had passengers on that bus. it is sad to see things like that happen.
Also im glad to hear that it died down to a cat1 storm befor eit did alot of damage.

As far as my monte it is here and doing well Althou yeaster day on the way back from our club trip i almost lost it when a fool kid Germany driver hit the guard rail and spun out in front of my wife and kid that were riding inbetween this idiot and me

I seen him start to lose it in my mior and punched it to get out of the way and then had to wit to see what happend after the cloud of dust cleard to see if my son and wife and her frend and her child made it threw with out being involved in it.

He hit the center guar rail did a 360 acrossed three lanes of the autobond in a unrestricted area and then when back acrosed and hit the center rail again before stopping there.

Three teenaged kids got out and they started to laugh about it.

Thank god no body was hurt and not other cars were damaged to bad.

Mine had some small scrathes on it from flying debree and the frends car cought some stuff in her door but nothing to bad both cars were nolonger the right color from all he kicked up.

But my car has some small things i want to get it to teh dearler ship to get it fixed b4 warrnety runs out on it.

pax seat nolonger slides forrward to allow pax in .
front right dash is startting to seperate where the air bags are at.
dimming dash lights
stereo wont play a CD with out kicking it out fifty times
center councel paint is really bad looking
radiator after they did the recall on it is now brown and nolonger orange. (soon to be a total flush and green!!!!)

oh and the other thign the rotors feel like they are warped on it it is starting to shudder when stopping hard.

And the steering shaft has started to clunk on it. Almost feels like it could be that or the front rack goign bad on it not sure witch for sure. but everythign feels and looks tight under it so that steerign shaft is all i can think of.
few other small things also. nothign to make it stop moveing yet LOL
So i just want them to get it done b4 i have to pay out of pocket for it all to be done.
Wow, that is quite a list of things that need fixed... Thank god I have not had near this amount of trouble out of mine...

quote:

I thought you said you had power?
I stayed at my parents house and we did not lose power, but my house did. However, the power to my house just came back on today around 10AM..

Old 09-26-2005, 04:23 AM

well like i said most of it is cosmetic and being over here i have to fight with the dealers to touch it. I have taken it in on the seat and the dash lights twice each time they call me say it was done and then i get there and nothing has been touched other then the **** for the dimmer switch has been cranked all the way up.

the dash just strated but i want to get it done. and i would not have noticed it till i read everything here on the dashes . i started to look real hard on it and foudn this then.

But it is not real bad. honetsly looks like they could change the glue in there and fix it easily.
the center councial is the same as yours was it is flaking off the plastic. but not really hurting anything i could always paint the cup holders black and cure the whole issue but would rather not if i dont have to . Im lazy and it is under warrenty LOL.

the pax seat bugs me as i have kids and it should move further forrward to get out of the way and i used that feature alot.
the brakes are just starting so i figure if i can get them done i wount have to . but over here they have been upgrading them to sloted and drilled rotors or just slotted so i would not mind that up grade anyway. but have to get rid of the shutter getting to a point it drives me nuts.

and the steering shaft is co0mmon in them but feels like the steering wheel is lose all the time but when you shifft the wheel back and fourth you can tell that it is not the wheel .