Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Return of the Monte carlo

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Return of the Monte carlo

I know that there have been several rumors and mentions of the return of the Monte. I have a tidbit to share ...after today's car show I went to in Lansing.

There was a gentlman there that had a new Camero. He went to the Oshawa plant in Canada for a all chevy car show.

It was autographed by the plant manager and several other GM Suit types there (All under the hood and on a placard)

Anyway while visiting with these suit types he saw a poster on the wall of one of the Excutive's office it said "Return of The Monte" it had a picture on it and and just saying what this ownere told me ..."The picture looked a lot like the rear end of my Deuce" he also did say to that the picture was very generic. But no matter just news that the Monte may come back as a RWD is awsome.

This Camaro owner said is sounded like the Monte is on the way back!

Last edited by Tadcaster; 09-03-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:43 PM

Sounds great but at the same time for the people who drive them in the winter and might want them it would be sad, Its Camaro by the way no E lol, and if its true I can't wait to see what it will look like.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:00 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I hope they bring it back, glad ive got garage space if the do lol

Old 09-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hope they bring it back RWD it would be awesome..

Old 09-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Perhaps the poster was from 1995? When the Monte returned from it's 5 year hiatus?

I would love to believe the Monte is coming back in the near future. If it does, I think it'll most likely be a 2 door version of the next generation Impala. I would also expect it to be more luxury than sport. Going back to the Monte's "luxury sport" roots. Besides, they're not going to let it compete against the Camaro and Corvette. GM ain't completely stupid. They want the performance minded (with lots of money) to buy the Corvette, and the more average performance buyer to get the Camaro. They definitely don't want a super fast Monte Carlo taking away sales of their precious Camaro and Corvette. Which leads me to believe the Monte won't be coming back anytime soon.

There's also rumours of the Chevelle coming back. Which is understandable. With Chrysler having both the Charger and Challenger on the market, many old school Chevy fans are hoping GM will counter that by having both the Impala and Chevelle.

But we all have to think realistically here. Having too many models on the market is what got GM into trouble in the first place. They can't just keep bringing every model back. So far, people are wanting the following models back (just the ones I can think of at the moment)...

Camaro (already came back -- 2 years late)
Monte Carlo
El Camino
Pontiac GTO
Pontiac G8
Firebird / Trans Am
Chevelle
Buick Riviera
Olds Cutlass
Pontiac Solstice

Old 09-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
"The picture looked a lot like the rear end of my Deuce" he also did say to that the picture was very generic. But no matter just news that the Monte may come back as a RWD is awsome.

This Camaro owner said is sounded like the Monte is on the way back!

I really do hope the Monte comes back. And hopefully it doesn't look too much like the 2000-2007 models. That design has run it's course. I truely hope the Monte comes back with one of the Holden designs.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh totaaly agree that GM doesn't want to have any car over power the camero or Corvette Taz.

I dono The Monte coming back rumors are sort of like UFO sightings (LOL)

Old 09-03-2011, 10:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A friend of mine who owns a monte and is part of the NYMCC also owns a Bumblebee Camaro and went to the same show in Oshawa, had his car signed and also did the factory tour ....did not mention the poster, however he may not have seen it.

I think it may just have been an older poster...if a poster like that was hanging on the wall in regards to a new RWD or Any wheel drive Monte Carlo, I'm sure at least one factory worker would have spilled the beans and rumors galore would be all over the net...I surf the net and talked to gm reps at Carlisle....and nothing not a word in regards to the new monte carlo.

Also don't forget the Monte Carlo use to be produced there.

Last I heard was the chevelle was returning as a rebadged g8 rwd in 2012/2013....possibly followed by a Wagon, and a Ute Version

As well as a redone FWD Impala by 2013/2014

The only very far fetched rumor I heard was the Monte Carlo May return as a version of the Holden Coupe 60 Concept if that went to production in Australia...the Coupe 60 has not gone into production so the likely hood of this happening is not good.

Joe

Old 09-03-2011, 11:35 PM

That would be awesome!! i would think about getting one.. use the camaro chassis and engine the theyre set! and it better be as sexy as all the other montes they put out, im not a huge fan of the camaros new styling( i would rather have a challenger if i had to pick one)

Old 09-03-2011, 11:46 PM

if it does it wont be out for a longgggg time. think about it! in 05 ford brought back a retro styled mustang, it took GM till late 09 to release the 2010 camaro. look how long it took them to retaliate! i really hope they do bring back the monte! i just like having a car not many have. anybody can go out and BUY a new camaro. but you have too search and find the RIGHT monte

Quick Reply: Return of the Monte carlo