Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Recreational vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Recreational vehicles

No not just motorhomes or camping traillers Any non typical vehicles you have, quads, motorcycles, boats, motorhomes, jet skis etc etc etc. Post what you've got

I used to have a quad and parents used to have motorcycles, but they've been sold and then we just sold our boat so all we have left is the motorhome.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't have any but we had access to a older Jayco popup. We havent camped in a few years because of the older kids activities. Maybe in a few years I can pick up another. I like some of the smaller popups with showers and a full kitchen. they are pretty affordable too.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:03 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I would post a pic of our 28ft Keystone Copper Canyon 5th wheel camper....Only.. I dont know how...Daaaaa

The mrs and I travel the country every summer.....

However, I do have a pic of it in my garage....If you care to check it out....

We will be camped out at Michigan International Speedway with it. from June 11th to June 17th....

Then in August were going on our usual summer vacation to the northeastern states...

Maine .Massachusettes, conneticuit, Rhode Island, New Hamshire etc....
Eventually 1 day...when the mrs retires we will be traveling fulltime...:p

Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

We had a 1997 Motorhome 38 ft long. Had it for over 10 yrs and sold it. Now were looking for a used Diesel pusher about the same lengh with a couple of slide outs. Think were going to start travelin in our old age. Most of the time in the southwest for 6 or 7 months. then head back to the midwest for the summer months. Michigan for a couple of months, then Minn and N.D. for a month. Thats just to see family.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 AM

Hi `Keane, below is about what I can afford..It's looks like something the BeachBum's & I converted (LOL)

I just have a pup tent & sleeping bags that I throw in the back of the car/or company truck..
Look 4ward to seeing what our member's posts.
Thanks for creating your thread & activity to the MCF

Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My parents Have 3 4wheels all older but still fun

185cc suzuki 2wd

starts with one pull and goes pritty good!

ours has camo take covering the ugly orange paint

also a 80's 125cc honda 4wheeler

and one more but i couldn't tell you what it is i have been searching the net but can't find it,

we have a mini bike that could use some work, i used to love that thing topped out at 45 with a 3hp motor lol

we have a 64 airstreem that used to be our cabin, my parents are planing on bringing it home and we are going to clean it up, and sell it.. i got alot of buffing to do!

we have a old pop up that will be getting converted to a 4wheeler trailer due to the fact the pop up is falling apart but $150 and 2 or 3 trips to montana, acouple trips to the race track with me and amy i think it had paid for it's self

my old man has a yamaha virago (motorcycle)
and a 80 honda cbr(motorcycle) that has been sitting for years and doesn't run

got a little 59 cc gas scooter

Last edited by Budsjlm; 06-07-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
We had a 1997 Motorhome 38 ft long. Had it for over 10 yrs and sold it. Now were looking for a used Diesel pusher about the same lengh with a couple of slide outs. Think were going to start travelin in our old age. Most of the time in the southwest for 6 or 7 months. then head back to the midwest for the summer months. Michigan for a couple of months, then Minn and N.D. for a month. Thats just to see family.
We considered a diesel pusher as well, But as you well know when you get only 6 to 8 miles to the gallon with those and even less toteing a vehicle behind it....or a combination trailer behind....

Is the reason we chose a 5th wheel instead at least for now... We like the idea of the convenience and freedom of just un hookn the pick up and being free to run to the store, movies, restaurants site seeing etc...

For now...its a win win for us...The mrs finally has 4 weeks vaca a year. were doing like i mentioned earlier the east coast and next vaca were heading out west.. you know vegas, cali, wyoming, etc... We did sturgis in 2009....(What a wild time):p...

Theres noth'n like hitn the open road and seeing the country!

(I do have a hitch instahled on the back of the 5th wheel) That way once i get another Harley...its going with us !!!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:27 PM

That airstream is gonna bring good money once cleaned up they're very popular n rare

Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

I've seen people with double trailers sometimes, like you said stumpmi. 5th wheel trailer with small utility trailer behind. But i dont think its legal everywhere as i never see it around here. Our gas hog of a motorhome only gets around 7mpg last time it was calculated. If it were diesel we'd probably make out better. Friend of mine has an old Ford 6.9 IDI diesel and he gets in the lower teens for fuel economy. Gotta love traveling the country I've been up and down the east coast, from florida to maine.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:44 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I've seen people with double trailers sometimes, like you said stumpmi. 5th wheel trailer with small utility trailer behind. But i dont think its legal everywhere as i never see it around here. Our gas hog of a motorhome only gets around 7mpg last time it was calculated. If it were diesel we'd probably make out better. Friend of mine has an old Ford 6.9 IDI diesel and he gets in the lower teens for fuel economy. Gotta love traveling the country I've been up and down the east coast, from florida to maine.
It is legal with a 5th wheel as long as your not over length, which like a car hauler is 70 ft.

But true you dont see many people pulln a utility trailer behind a 5th wheel..But I have seen a lot with there boats in tow.
I usually get between 14 and 16 miles per gallon, and around 10 mpg in the mountains...Which isnt all that bad....But like you the north east coast is our goal this august... But its MIS for the week this week, Monday to Monday Camping at the Track!

Quick Reply: Recreational vehicles