Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Really????

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Really????

I got pulled over for going 24 in a 20 school zone just now. I'm actually waiting on the cop to write out the BS ticket. It's 8:25pm. Not a single car in the school parking lot and the yellow light wasn't flashing over the speed limit for school zone sign. Really... In gonna snap on this cop pretty soon wtf I thought school zones only applies in between 8am-4:30pm Monday to Friday. Y the **** am I being pulled over for something like this! Sorry guys you know I'm an aggressive member but I'm 10 times worst in person I'm gonna let this cop have it before he releases me

Old 01-21-2015, 08:31 PM

If he releases me....

Old 01-21-2015, 08:34 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

oh no...don't get yourself locked up He's just mad because HE doesn't have a Monte Carlo

Old 01-21-2015, 10:10 PM

LoL I didn't say anything to him beside ill see u In court but omg this is a $1000 dollar ticket, I left a message for my brother ( traffic & DUI lawyer) see what he has to say about this. I've driven 35-40 down that road many times but tonight the night I decide to do the 25mph limit I get pulled over lol, my luck, it took him 55 minutes to write the ticket after I rejected him searching my car, I mean I don't have a record so y the search attempt....?

Anyone been pulled over In a school zone, what are the laws regarding school zone speed limit?

Old 01-21-2015, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie
LoL I didn't say anything to him beside ill see u In court but omg this is a $1000 dollar ticket, I left a message for my brother ( traffic & DUI lawyer) see what he has to say about this. I've driven 35-40 down that road many times but tonight the night I decide to do the 25mph limit I get pulled over lol, my luck, it took him 55 minutes to write the ticket after I rejected him searching my car, I mean I don't have a record so y the search attempt....?

Anyone been pulled over In a school zone, what are the laws regarding school zone speed limit?
Maybe someone with the same car as you is wanted that's probably why he wanted to search you

Old 01-21-2015, 10:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

And the cops can't seem to figure out why the general public has a disdain for them. This cop is up in the night, Illinois school zone laws were not violated at 8:30 pm and he knows it, I mean he is a cop right, and charged with knowing the laws that he enforces. Here is an excerpt from Illinois driving rules, in particular school zones. He is a jerk through and through...

Section 11-605 of the Illinois Vehicle Code defines the charge of speeding in a school zone. Under this law, the maximum speed limit in a school zone is 20 miles per hour. This 20 mile per hour speed limit applies to drivers while passing a school zone or while traveling on a roadway on public school property or upon any public thoroughfare where children pass going to and from school.

The law applies only on school days when school children are present and close enough to the roadway that a potential hazard exists. For purposes of its enforcement, the law specifies that a school day begins at 7:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.

A school zone speed limit does not exist unless it has been posted with appropriate signs. The required signs must be posted on streets and highways and must adequately warn drivers that a school zone is being approached and indicate the school zone and the maximum speed limit in effect during school days when school children are present.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

The big question is, what are the posted signs? I believe all school zones by me have signs that state when school zone rules are in affect. In addition, what is the posted speed limit? I know a bunch of school zones that "during school hours 20MPH" and "non-School Hours 35mph".

This sounds like an easy fight. if you passed signage that explains school hours and you have posted speed limits, as long as you meet the criteria, end of story.

I have been pulled over once for nothing wrong but got a stupid reason I was pulled over (his word vs mine, and he needed a probably cause) and since I wasn't doing anything wrong, quick license check and on my way.

Since he had to write a ticket:
- What exactly did he write the ticket for?
- If it was speeding, what speed did he list you going and what speed was the zone?

Old 01-22-2015, 05:22 AM

Ticket is speeding 24 in 20 school zone $1000
Also another ticket for loud muffler $75
I was in the M5 which I can understand it does have a loud exhaust
Court appearance required set for 02/16/2015 in the county court house

Old 01-22-2015, 05:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

And what are the posted speed limits? Is the posted speed limit 20mph regardless of if school is in session or not?

Old 01-22-2015, 06:08 AM

No 25 is the speed limit on that street, when entering the school zone there is a sign that states "school zone begins" with a yellow blinking light over it, that yellow light was not flashing, it was off. I had passed the end of school zone and even then I did not increase my speed but he still decided to pull me over. The entire time I was at or below the 25mph speed limit.

Quick Reply: Really????