Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Read me

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space, one thing I never understood is who started this "Big Brother To The World" campaign when so many in this country are doing without.

We give away billions of $$$ yearly that we never see a return on to other countries yet Washington refuses to see the homeless and the starving right here at home. Like an Ostrich with their heads in the sand they refuse to see the needy right here in their own back yards.

If I ever get to a position of power that would be one of my main agendas.

So vote for me (RJ) in 2012. lol

Old 07-28-2009, 02:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

RJ, you got my vote.

Just as long as i can get to keep my Monte.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:43 PM

....R.J., you would have my vote, or for someone with the same platform, belief.

I just don't understand 4-Sure. I've emailed my senator and congressman about the homeless I see here in Florida. Many come here for the weather & live in the woods : ( or on the streets
It's just difficult for me to understand, especially the way that our Government spends Money on dumb stuff, and not it's own citizens.

One person can make a difference ? Yes you, what R U do'in 2 make it better ? I look in2 my own mirror, and know that I could do more...This post is also a reminder to self to not 4get those in -need....Peace Out B-4 I Shift gears & fill pages of my
thoughts on this subject. WoW...the end 4 now : )

Old 07-28-2009, 03:21 PM

Why is always Dayton in the new's for sick crap like this... and just a few blocks from where i grew up to boot...

i blame GM for leaving moraine, or B.R.A.C.for closing D.E.S.C. in Kettering, or it could be the large amount of trash that has been rising up in east/west Dayton over the last decade.

anyway, from now on im telling people im from Canada... Dayton, ohio Hozers

Old 07-29-2009, 11:57 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I heard on the news yesterday the number of assults on the elderly (they reported people over the age of 50) is on the rise. Not sure if they ment Dayton, Cinci, Columbus, or Timbukto?

One man in his 60s was assulted in his home that sent him to the hospital.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:47 PM

...Hi R.J., the assaults/rape/robbery of the elderly is increaing here in the SunShine State It's sad, but true : ( there are several desperate people out there that are broke, on drugs and have no respect 4 themselve or others. Our jail's are full, and they are letting many out early. One has to be alert when out in the World today : ( It's not a pretty story. I know Florida has a lot of elderly that retire here in Florida, but they should not have to live in fear, and many are.....That's just isn't right....We need to find a way to deal with these sick people... 4-Sure

Old 07-29-2009, 07:33 PM
rj
15 Year Member

No one should have to live in fear.

Too many want to rely on the government to raise their kids for them versus doing the job themselves. Having the kids is fine. Just don't bother them after the kids are born. They want to do their own thing and ignore the responsibility they have to raise the child right.

All TOO often people expect to get respect when it's a thing you work to get. Not just handed to you like to so many want.

In our "ME" society it's common to want, expect, demand something you want immediately. That's why you see much theft, murder, and muggings in our daily lives.

One reason you pay so much on your credit card bill in percent rates is cause you get to help pay off the defunct account someone filed bankruptcy on. If this person had been a little more responsible they wouldn't have allowed their credit bill to get as high as it did. To the point they couldn't pay the money back.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03Monte
Why is always Dayton in the new's for sick crap like this... and just a few blocks from where i grew up to boot...

i blame GM for leaving moraine, or B.R.A.C.for closing D.E.S.C. in Kettering, or it could be the large amount of trash that has been rising up in east/west Dayton over the last decade.
Hopefully Dayton doesn't get the lasting reputation for that. Once a place gets a bad reputation, it's darn near impossible to get rid of.

Case in point...

Detroit, MI

Other than cars, what's the image you have in your mind when someone mentions Detroit?

Most people think of a crime and murder infested city. Others think of the sports teams. Which also proves my point. Mention Detroit to a football fan. The now infamous 0-16 season they had last year will be what people remember for many years to come.

But back on the original topic.

I think when someone is desperate and doesn't know what to do, they do the first thing that comes to mind. Unfortunately, for a lot of young girls who had a baby before they were ready, getting rid of the baby as fast as possible is the solution they come up with.

Maybe it's a girl who doesn't want her parents to know she got pregnant. Maybe she can't afford the new child. Maybe it's a rape victim who didn't get an abortion (for various reasons), and doesn't want the permanent reminder. Or maybe she's just selfish and doesn't want a baby ruining her style.

What ever the reason, a lot of girls get pregnant before they are ready for it mentally. A lot of mistakes are made because of immature or desperate thinking. I'm sure the mother who leaves her child in a dumpster will be thinking about it later in life. And realizing what a mistake it was.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Hopefully Dayton doesn't get the lasting reputation for that. Once a place gets a bad reputation, it's darn near impossible to get rid of.
dayton has that rep, when i was in basic training my Drill Sgt, said he drove through Dayton and He was fearful of his life, and he was a E8 who had been deployed quite a few times...(i think it was west Dayton, but still Dayton nonetheless)

Originally Posted by Taz
Case in point...

Detroit, MI

Other than cars, what's the image you have in your mind when someone mentions Detroit?
$hitty roads is what i think of... i hate going there, my corporate office is just off 8 mile, and they have the worst roads my poor monte has ever seen...chuck holes, and more chuck holes...

Old 07-30-2009, 11:24 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Dayton is trying to sell a natural resourse they have most cities don't. Water.

They had people here from Atlanta they were trying to sell them on relocating their business to Dayton. And using water as a selling point since I guess Atlanta is having a shortage of it at this point?

Most don't remember NCR had all the jobs that left Dayton in the 1980s. Or Frigidaire.

At one time even in to the '80s whole city blocks were devoted to buildings that housed manufacturing for these companies. Now days, they but empty lots. The jobs left, the buildings were torn down, and nothing came in to replace it.

Now the fall of GM is having a similar affect on Dayton. Since so much of the area was devoted to the auto industry.

Quick Reply: Read me