Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Questions about wells.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:32 PM
Default Questions about wells.

I have well water at my house. The water is horrible. I am trying to get a treatment system for it and I have some questions. I have issues with sulphur because I have the rotten egg smell, a slime on the surface of sitting water, and sitting water also has sentiment that developes in the water after a few minutes. I have iron issues. The water turns everything brown. I had my water tested today from a water systems company and he said my PH level was a 7. He said it had to be a six or lower for him to be able to treat it and said the PH issue was my biggest problem. My well is about 195 feet deep and I have a shallow well pump. I get my water from the top 25 feet of the well. This guy said that I need to either get a deep well pump or drill a new well. He said the water quality differs within the well. I've tried searching this on the Internet and I have not been able to prove or disprove his statement. One of the guys I work with says the water in the well all comes from the same source and the water at the top is the same as the water at the bottom.

Does anybody have any experience with well water? What do I need to do to get clean water in my home. I'm tired of buying bottled water for drinking. Also tired of stained clothes, dishes, and plumbing fixtures. Also tired of the rotten egg smell in the shower. I am preparing to remodel my bathroom and don't want another brown tub and toilet when they are originally white. I really don't think drilling a new well is the answer here.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 PM

my dad deals with wells, and i know from what i have heard growing up that the water is better with a deep well. i will ask him tommorrow and see what he says.. I will let ya know.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jesusfrk01MC
my dad deals with wells, and i know from what i have heard growing up that the water is better with a deep well. i will ask him tommorrow and see what he says.. I will let ya know.
Thank you. It's seems to be difficult to get straight facts without them trying to sell you something that you might not need. I don't mind spending but I want just what I need.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:04 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not too sure on the well part itself, but we had the same problem here too. Sulfur issues water turning colors, have an intricate system from culligan. Uses a combination of clorhine injection and a charcoal filtering system. Water is always nice and clear and clean.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:36 AM

Hi Gregg,

The best source I know is your web search engine for subjects like this. Just type in your questions. Google `it
Below is one result from a Google's search: Good Luck
The Best Water Treatment System for Well Water | eHow.com

<CITE>eHow | How to Videos, Articles & More - Discover the expert in you. | eHow.comHome Maintenance & Repair</CITE>Cached -
The Best Water Treatment System for Well Water. The key to determining the best water treatment system for your well water is to test the water. County water or ...

Old 04-21-2012, 11:17 AM

on well systems im not to sure about because i normally dont deal with them but from what ive heard is that there is a three tank system to filter your water and then those problems your having will go a way....not sure on all the parts but i know that the tanks are normally found in your basement and i know one part of these systems are salt....not sure on the other two tanks but its gonna purify your water.....i am a contractor not a salemans that sells anything but work that needs to be done....i hope this points you in the right direction

Old 04-21-2012, 02:38 PM

Alright, i talked to him and he said that a deep well will help out alot, but you are going to be better off buying a filtration system. He said that a deep well is around 4000.00.. Thats a lot, lol.. but he siad by filtering the water it should take care of the problem