Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Primary Predictions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 04:57 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Primary Predictions...

Alright guys... the primarys for the GOP and the Democrats are coming up... so who do you guys think will win? I think Huckabee will win Iowa and with his Chuck Norris endorsement, go on to win the nomination. I think Obama will win teh democratic primary in Iowa but Hitlary will go on to win the nomination. One of these days, hopefully Edwards and McCain will learn that nobody wants them to be the President

BTW, I know a political riot is ensuing... but all I want is predictions, not an argument.

I tried to allow multiple selections so you could select a Republican and a Democrat, but I messed up. Can a moderator fix that much?

Old 12-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Default RE: Primary Predictions...

go clinton!

Old 12-27-2007, 05:50 AM

Duane, Can I do a write in candidate ?
To me it's sad how much money is being spent in our American primary elections : (
I would like to see our government set new rules.
Each candidate gets X amount of time on TV/radio, X amount of space in print, and
each have their own Web Site (Six month before an election: )
The rest of the money could be spent to take care of the many problems
in our country, in our world.
Good Post Question...It will be interesting to see how our members vote : )

Old 12-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Poll now allows multiple selections. If you've already voted though, you may be out of luck, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
I really think Hillary will be the Democratic candidate in the next election. Mostly because people will be thinking back to how popular Bill was. Personally, I think judging her based on what Bill was like, is ridiculous. Should be a very interesting election.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Taz

Poll now allows multiple selections.
I really think Hillary will be the Democratic candidate in the next election. Mostly because people will be thinking back to how popular Bill was. Personally, I think judging her based on what Bill was like, is ridiculous. Should be a very interesting election.
So someone who can't control her own bedroom is going to control the world's most powerful nation....HMMMMMM...[sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 12-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh I'm sure behind closed doors Hillary probably went after him with a frying pan on a couple occasions. Who knows, maybe she's only keeping the marriage so she can get elected Prez. Then when her term is over, the marriage is over?

I'm not saying she would make a good President. I think she'd be horrible at it. All her speaches sound like she's angry at the audience. She doesn't seem able to talk in a normal tone of voice. What I am saying is, I think some Democrats are supporting her because they like Bill. Which is a not a very good reason, in my opinion.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:11 PM

5 Year Member

Neal Boortz, a talk show host in Atlanta, says they didn't get married for love... they got married so they could share political power.....

According to the MCF, its going to be Huckabee and Clinton it seems.

Space, there once was a thing like you're talkign about. It was called the Fairness Doctrine. If it was enacted, ti would ruin talk radio. Trust me wehn I tell you this time Space.. you don't want it. IT seems like a good idea, but do you realize how many people are actually running for the election? In 2004, I think 48 peoiple were running. Could you imagine the Fairness Doctrine then? Political magazines, blogs, all of the such would be virtualy shut down if the fairness doctrine goes in. The best thing to do is read about each candidate yourself. Read both sides magazines, news networks, whatever, and decide then.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:09 PM

GPD wrote:
So someone who can't control her own bedroom is going to control the world's most powerful nation....HMMMMMM...[sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]
You mean like Saint Rudy???? Or John McCain, LOL......

But really, its not funny.....

America is in a sad place from where it was just a few short years ago, (7 to be exact).

I personally see no one in this field of candidates, from either side of the aisle,who willwork for America and Americans. They all seem happy with how things are, and that, my friends, is beyond sad...

Old 12-27-2007, 07:57 PM

5 Year Member

hehe, the banner on this page is for SodaHead.com, Hillary or Obama as I type this.

No, the difference is that Republicans seem to want to keep the st atus quo. Democrats want to change things. More namely, by making it worse by instituting socialized medicine. We neeed to look no further than Europe to see how this goes. Micheal Moore seemed to forget to mention things like2 year waits for knee replacements, 1 year waits to get a tooth pulled..... he forgot all about that. Not to mention higher taxes. Heres how that will pan out: as socialized medicine, or even just required health insurance comes along, lobbyists for these insurance companys well get Congress to require more and more parts on your insurance such as drug rehab insurance, for those who know beyond a shadow of a doubt they will never try drugs, just for an example.

John Edwards was having a town hall syle meeting somewhere and the issue came up. He wants to place healthcare 100% in the governments hands. He was asked "what about people who can still afford and woudl rather have private health insurance" His response? "You won't have that choice."

IS THIS REALLY WHAT WE WANT!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 PM

Socialized medicine?

Somebody needs to turn Rush off and get some fresh air.

If what you are talking about is similar to this, you should read a little more, maybe....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/canada.asp

By the way, we DO have socialized medicine in the U.S. It is called Medicare, and it has been serving our senior citizens for many years. If you have an older relative, ask them how it works for them. They might say it sucks, but then ask them where they'd be without it......if they are honest, theymight say dead or dying. Quick story here...20 years ago my uncle, a die hard Republican, had to have emergency open heart surgery. After his employer let him go, because of his illness, he got disabilty, which allows him to survive to this very day. It also paid ALL of the bills from his heart issues (at the time open heart surgery was $55,000), and brain surgery he needed to survive about 10 years ago. All this from a man whose politics would say that these programs should not exist, and STILL says it even today, after living on government assistance for the last 20 years...LOL. Me, I'm glad those programs were and still are there, because all it takes is ONE serious illness, and most Americans would be wiped out financially.

As for Medicare costs, MUCH of that is because of fraud and abuse by health care providers, hospitals, and nursing homes. I know this for a fact, my wife worked for a crooked doctor who scammed hundreds of thousands of dollars from Medicare, Workers Comp, and several other programs. When he was turned in by one of his own employees, he got a small fine, and is still practicing medicine today.
The stories I could tell you about fraud and abuse in nursing homes! My wife worked at one for almost 10 years, and the way these "Practicioners" scam the system is unbelievable...2 quick examples, trimming toenails of a lady dying of cancer - $100 - she died the next day...many times the residents were forced to use a pharmacy from another city, which charges up to 5 times what the local pharmacy did... the stories go on and on....... and you and I (if you work for a living) are paying for these scams.

If you aren't paying for health care, you've got NO clue how expensive it is, and really shouldn't comment about it...If you are, bend over, grab your ankles and get ready, because each and every year here it comes again.....20% average rise in medical premiums in 2007.....don't know about anyone else here, but I didn't get a 20% raise, did you? 20% rise in natural gas prices here in Northeast Ohio, with gas wells everywhere you look.... did that gas suddenly cost 20% more to pump from the groundthis year?? WTF???? As a matter of fact, my raises over the last 5 years just barely cover the rise in health care costs (my part of it), so in effect, I have had no raise in 5 years.
It's all about big business and big money now, and if you are in the middle class, which most of us are, and you vote against your own best interests (Republican, that is) then you get the government you deserve, not the government you should have. Not to say Dems are any better, but to me they are the lesser of two evils.

By the way, if you listen to Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Coulter, Malkin, etc, etc, and do just the opposite of what they say, you will be correct 95% of the time. It worked for me, anyway.

Quick Reply: Primary Predictions...