Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Should `Pot be legalize & Taxed ?
Yes, 4-Sure : )
83.58%
No, : (
28.36%
For Medical Reasons Only
35.82%
I've Smoke `it ~> Past Tense
49.25%
I still Smoke `it -Present- Now
38.81%
I've Never Smoked `it
17.91%
I want 2 Smoke `it
16.42%
I think our Country is going 2 `Pot : )
41.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Pot ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:49 PM

I have never tried pot and have no interest in trying it but i feel it should be legalized. the money that would b saved plus the taxation would bring in lots of money. it would also create a market that would provide job opportunities

Last edited by kweef; 03-29-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: i cant spell
Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 PM

I say legalize it with restrictions. 0 tolerance like alcohol when driving or going to work. I could just see them running into problems with it because people lace weed with all kinds of crazy **** now. I wish they'd tax that on the people who spend all their time smoking it rather than being productive and give everyone else a tax break. There's plenty of people who can enjoy it on an occasional basis and not be affected, but like I said, just those who do nothing else.

I tried it freshmen year in high school and didn't care for it. I'll stick to Guinness and on really bad days, Jack Daniels.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Where is the poll option for smoking it at the moment? Im sure that bar would be pretty high. Along with many MCF members. lol

Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM

lol yup that would have been my vote. Theres much much more to rastafari than that but is a big part its used to meditate and get closer to your self. Ive learned a lot about myself by smoking a blunt then just sittin in silence thinkin. Its pretty amazing i must say. Im always honest I have nothing to hide THe thing that blows my mind about the fact that as of right now it is illegal is that alcohol kills people often and kills brain cells also and has a terrible addiction rate, where as herb has NEVER killed anyone. I do everything in life high just makes things go so much smoother and until i tell people im high (they always assume because I have dreadlocks so people just assume ima stoner lol) they usually dont even know, now how many people can say they live life drunk and have no limits in there day to day life while drunk? I could rant for days straight about this topic lol

Old 03-30-2009, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Drugs : )~* $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ Your $'s : (

`Drug Cost ?

The United States alone spends some $40 billion each year on trying to eliminate the supply of drugs. It arrests 1.5m of its citizens each year for drug offences, locking up half a million of them; tougher drug laws are the main reason why one in five black American men spend some time behind bars. In the developing world blood is being shed at an astonishing rate.
(Member's, if you want to read more, click on the below link)

http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?story_id=13237193

National Drug Threat Assessment 2009

http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs31/31379/index.htm

Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Arrow Driv'in Stoned O---o_ _ _ _ _ _: )~*

Thanks Member's, for your posts, & contributing your
opinions to this thread. I wonder how many are `out there
on our highways `Stoned ~* ?

_

IMO both should be regulated.
It would be safer for the general public.
It would save hundreds of millions a year if not billions in court, jail and prison costs.
It would bring in money to the government... money that we need right now!!
We could use some of the money from the sale of the marijuana to educate people in any of its drawbacks.
Here's some information from this page:
http://www.dpft.org/marijuana.htm
500 Economists Ask President Bush for Open and Honest Debate
Marijuana: Legalize and Regulate

Save $10 billion to $14 billion per year
A group of more than 500 distinguished economists -- led by Nobel Prize-winner Dr. Milton Friedman -- released an open letter to President Bush and other public officials calling for "an open and honest debate about marijuana prohibition."
"Existing evidence ... suggests prohibition has minimal benefits and may itself cause substantial harm." "We believe such a debate will favor a regime in which marijuana is legal but taxed and regulated like other goods."

Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Thumbs down Buzzed Driv'in is Drunk Driv'in 4 Sure : )~*

Old 03-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Arrow I need `help & $ : )~*

Looks like a `fun place in Surf'in California

If they offer `Surf'in, the Bum's & I are go'in 2 check `in.

Last edited by Space; 03-30-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rehab is for quiters

Old 03-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by red03ssmonte
lol yup that would have been my vote. Theres much much more to rastafari than that but is a big part its used to meditate and get closer to your self. Ive learned a lot about myself by smoking a blunt then just sittin in silence thinkin. Its pretty amazing i must say. Im always honest I have nothing to hide THe thing that blows my mind about the fact that as of right now it is illegal is that alcohol kills people often and kills brain cells also and has a terrible addiction rate, where as herb has NEVER killed anyone. I do everything in life high just makes things go so much smoother and until i tell people im high (they always assume because I have dreadlocks so people just assume ima stoner lol) they usually dont even know, now how many people can say they live life drunk and have no limits in there day to day life while drunk? I could rant for days straight about this topic lol
i agree. i smoke almost on a daily basis, but i don't go crazy without it. i haven't had any in around 3 weeks or more but i just haven't had time with all the traveling with work. but i do seem to be able to focus and concentrate more while high. plus i seem to be much happier and less stressed, it's like my own little supply of xanax, lol.

i think if it were legalized (with restrictions as mentioned previously) it would help the country more than hurt it. especially in the economic crisis we are currently in. they could tax it like they do cigarettes, they'd make a freakin' fortune.

Quick Reply: Pot ?