Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you say Please & Thank You ?
Only when I want something
0%
Yes, It's the way I was taught
96.15%
No, I just say I want it now, and never say please or `thanks
0%
I just maniputlate people to get what I want & I'm thankless
3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

> Please & Thank You !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Depends on the situation, if im just out in public like at a restaurant i'll always thank my waiter/waitress when they bring me something. Sometimes when im at work i will, but i tend to say thanks/thankyou more than i do please. But i was brought up to be polite and use please and thankyou

Old 08-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Lol @ these polls lately. Nevertheless, I voted!

Old 08-02-2012, 03:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Hey Space & Taz. I came from a rough side of town and hung out most of my life with these guys most of my life. Attitude & Arrogants were a way of life. Talk about a Hostile enviroment. Please & thank you were never heard. I grew up in Detroit & then in Oakland calif where it was always rough 24/7 And you couldn't show any kindness. Cause it came across as "weakness". Took me a long time to be able to look someone in the eyes and say THANK YOU. PLEASE are you kidding me. Not till after we were married I got reminded to say things like that. ( wife) It was hard for me to say nice things to people I didn't know. it was a protection thing. Always on Guard! You had to be HARD & STRONG 24/7.. 99 % of you will never know that kind of life. It took yrs for me to start say those words. I think once I started having kids & teaching them how to resect others did I too learn. NOW I'm as polite as I get in return and sometimes even go out of my way. I use these little icon's on here a lot. So whom I'm talking to knows that I'm joking or trying to be funny.I've never said a bad thing to anyone on here. or even been p o'ed at anyone on here for things they've said to me or I've said to them. Getting older is getting wiser also. If they theres things on here I don't argee with. I don't post a reply. And IF AN OLD NAVY and an even older Biker can SAY thank you & Please. I sure some one else around here can do the same. The guys & Girls on here are some of the niecst I've had the pleasure of meeting and talking to. When I moved here to Minnesota I was Thank you & pleased to death. I told one girl I worked with she was going NICE me to death and that I wasn't use to that at all. . I give RESECT AND i DEMAND IT BACK. . It doesn't take any more effort to be nice as it does to be mean or Arrogant. IF I can do do it. Anyone can. I've never had mean words with anyone on here. I hope it never happens. LIFE REALLY is too short for that. Sorry if this is long and dragged out. But thats me

Old 08-02-2012, 04:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

WE could use a few more Icon's. Seems to me that we are limited to just a few that we have. If Taz or Space could add a few more. I think that would be cool. And a little refreshing also Just my opinion

Old 08-02-2012, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep

LOLMod `Mike, thank you for your thank you icon , ...I think thats maybe a MCF violation & you shall have to put yourself in time `out for 8 hours from Midnight until 8 AM...Thank you for complying. Thank You for your `icon & all you do for everyone on the MCF ~> Oh, I will serve your time out `if you can't...Thank You! LOL

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Depends on the situation, if im just out in public like at a restaurant i'll always thank my waiter/waitress when they bring me something. Sometimes when im at work i will, but i tend to say thanks/thankyou more than i do please. But i was brought up to be polite and use please and thankyou
Keane, I know associates that have been or are waiters & waitress's & they have told me some wild things that they do to rude customers. I sure would not want to drink the drinks they serve them or eat the food they have served their rude customers...It's to disgusting to post , but use your imagination...It's really BAD...

I honestly believe that if one gives respect, that the majority will give you respect back...Not all the time, but the majority of time

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Lol @ these polls lately. Nevertheless, I voted!
Dubstep'in `Tyler, thank you for your Vote & post...This is all a part of the Monte Carlo Family activity & entertainment threads to create activity & to maybe remind member's to be polite on the MCF . Being nice & saying please & thank you is a positive subject Manner's I believe are good to use in life & on the MCF. It shows respect to everyone. It's also makes the MCF better for everyone ~> Even You LOL
Thank You!!
========================================
Hi Rick, I really enjoyed your post/words & sharing your background experiences. Yes, not everyone has had the luxury of living & learning from their peers to use words like; Thank You, please, I'm sorry etc. 4-Sure. You have been fortunate to have survived the dangerous streets of life 4-Sure.

Your open admission, changes in life are very revealing & proof that a person can learn from their travels & experiences in life & discover that being nice to others and respectful makes life better for everyone 4-Sure.

I am so thankful for the teachings of my grandfather & his senior citizens friends. Like you, I've learned that life is better being nice, then to not be nice & disrespectful of our fellow man. Thanks so much for taking the time to post & share with us... I appreciate 4- Really ~> Sure

p.s. Rick, Lou (Taz) just added a few more smile or icons to our reply list & he plans on adding more.

Lou is constantly working behind the scenes of the MCF to make our forum better. If everyone knew how much he does for us, you would be thanking him everyday...4-Sure

Thanks again everyone for your contributions to your Monte Carlo Family & keeping it active.

Our sponsors love to see activity & so does our membership...Without them or you we would not be here...

Now Please `go to your mirror & say thank you & I love you , you are a Super Person 4-Sure...Now, please make a post & be happy to `be... p.s. does your mirror talk back 2 U ? (Mine does) LOL

Peace/Love/Happiness/Respect to `all
from `Space

Last edited by Space; 08-03-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member

I've read some things about when waiters/waitresses aren't happy about you, needless to say always be nice to them I wish i had a way to get revenge at rude customers when i was a cashier

Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I've read some things about when waiters/waitresses aren't happy about you, needless to say always be nice to them I wish i had a way to get revenge at rude customers when i was a cashier
How about this Keane...

Attached Thumbnails > Please & Thank You !!!!-customerssucklogo.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member

oh how many times i'd love to do that... whether its them talking on their cell phone, they're being a pain in my butt or just who knows what else

Old 08-02-2012, 11:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

At Chibi.
At Taz

I try to be as polite as possible but there are some who will test your patience on a daily basis.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:08 AM

Thanks everyone for your words/votes. I'm happy to see the poll results this date.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
Buddha

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Oscar Wilde

Most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde

Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
Bruce Lee

Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.
Steve Jobs

We made too many wrong mistakes.
Yogi Berra

I am just like a human & make many, many mistakes. I'm
learning as I travel this journey called life not to repeat.
`Space

Last edited by Space; 08-03-2012 at 05:10 AM.

Quick Reply: > Please & Thank You !!!!