Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Do you say Please & Thank You ?
Only when I want something
0%
Yes, It's the way I was taught
96.15%
No, I just say I want it now, and never say please or `thanks
0%
I just maniputlate people to get what I want & I'm thankless
3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

> Please & Thank You !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default > Please & Thank You !!!!

Member's, please vote above, Thank You !

Also, please post your thoughts on this subject.

Do people in your life or you say please when you/they want something ?
or
Says thanks or thank you when someone does something for them (you) ?

Manners: They Really Do Matter

<!-- [zone2] 300x250 --><CENTER><!--QYZ CMS_NONE_SELECTED,;;LREC;2143397797;2;--><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT></CENTER>

All too often we get caught up in the world with our busy lives. It's easy to forget the simplicities in life, like saying please and thank you. These days we have a lot on our minds yet, three simple words can improve the world we live in ; if we incorporate them into our daily lives.
How It Works
These three words are please and thank you. That's it. I know what you're saying. How can something so simple, do so much? When we say please, it shows respect and consideration for the other person's thoughts and feelings.

When we say thank you, it shows appreciation, respect, and love. It shows the other person that you really do care about the job that they're doing.

We're only human (except 4 a few aliens)
As human beings, we all want to feel appreciated. We all want to feel loved and respected. By showing each other proper manners, we show each other the proper courtesy and respect.

Rushing to conclusions
Some people figure that if people are rude to them, then that gives them a license to go ahead and be rude to everyone else; this, is the wrong way to go about things. We should always try to be the living example of how you'd like things to be. Remember, if you're a grown up; then young people are going to look up to you and copy what you do. If you wouldn't want to see them acting a certain way; then, just remember that you should never act that way either.

My thoughts
Another thing that I think about when it comes to proper manners is; tone of voice, a lot of times how you use the tone of your voice does matter. It can also be the single determinant in how you come across a lot of the time. For example, if you use the words, pardon me or excuse me; sometimes it can come across as sounding pompous and arrogant, if not used properly.

I think it's always important to remember that people may not have ever seen somebody use proper manners. Some people were raised in a hostile environment and they need to be shown different ways that they can treat each other.

Can you imagine what the world would be like if we all used proper manners in our dealings with each other? I think the world would have a lot less hostility in it and that would make life a lot more fun & better for everybody.
Just trying to make it better for `all.
Thank You for Reading
4-Sure

TODAY'S QUOTES: "Only when we are unburdened by the past and undistracted by the future can we experience the joy of living in the moment."
"Brief is life but love is our most enduring legacy."
"Worry is a down payment on a problem you may never have."
"Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere."

Thank you `sir
..Yeah kid, get outa my life

Last edited by Space; 08-03-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

i say please and thank you!
but i always say some words not allowed on here

Old 08-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

I always try to say please and thank you, but it's not the way I was taught so I didn't vote. It's something that I adapted to my life along with respect. Even if a person acts disrespectful towards me I try my best to offer them respect in return. If I come to find after a while that being disrespectful is a trait of their lifestyle I tend to seperate myself from that person.

'Space wrote:

My thoughts
Another thing that I think about when it comes to proper manners is; tone of voice, a lot of times how you use the tone of your voice does matter. It can also be the single determinant in how you come across a lot of the time. For example, if you use the words, pardon me or excuse me; sometimes it can come across as sounding pompous and arrogant, if not used properly.

I completely agree, and feel that this is one of the biggest problems when communicating on the 'net whether on a forum or through email/chat/text message. A lot of times you may say something with good intent, but because the tone of voice cannot be heard it may be interpreted as being arrogant or an attempt to belittle someone. When I come across something that could be interpreted either way I give the benefit of doubt that the intent was sincere. The follow up reply will usually determine whether or not the person was indeed sincere or if they were being an ****.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:56 AM

Thanks `Devin, Mike & Member's for your votes/words

Seattle `Mike, I agree 100% with not having the luxury of the spoken tone of a persons words , but it's the only present option on a forum or on the web for groups this large.

I know that I have a weird alien sense of humor & I know that many may find some of my posts/threads difficult to understand. I do my best to never offend anyone with my words, for that is not my intent.

That's one reason why I made this thread ~> Sticky: Your words paint the picture of you <~ Please click `if you have not read..It has some great infor I borrowed to help everyone on their web experience...

Look forward to seeing the results of this threads Poll & also the words/posts from member's.

I think manner's are getting to `be a lost art in 2day's World & I find that very sad 4-Sure. Thanks everyone for your contributions & being a active member of our Monte Carlo Family.

Thanks for making it better for `all.
Peace/Love/Happines/Respect to `ALL from `Space

Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am respectful, and say please and thank you

However I also say very naughty things

Old 08-02-2012, 01:18 PM

Our Admin `Taz, Lou just added some more Smile icon's to our member's reply list <~>Lou (Admin Taz) Just click the more under the smiles to see more (LOL) It's great to use smiles when you are joking with another member in reply to their post(s)... for reading...Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 08-02-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:35 PM

I try to always say please an thank you. At work my coworkers get annoyed since I thank them for simple things such as handing me a knife lol just a habbit I guess.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I say please and thank you often. Probably not as often as I should though.

Does it count if I say this...?

Please take your attitude and shove it up your ***! Thank you.

If that counts, I'm real polite.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:15 PM

I was taught to be polite always.

Sometimes I don't do so.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Quick Reply: > Please & Thank You !!!!