Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Pimp my ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:06 PM

i saw that episode and they put that junky rollsroyce grill on it as an attempt to cover up that they couldnt find a 78-80 Monte Grill.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:29 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

They do alot of stupid things

Old 01-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i always thought it was funny how they asked the owners what they liked to do....oh this dude like camping lets make his truck/van completely useless and make it a camper with a bunch of subs and lcd screens.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Pimp my Ride is a fun show to watch. Nobody in there right mind would want TV's in there quarter panels. Most of the stuff they do is over the top on purpose. West Coast customs does good work. I seen them on a few other shows and they do normal customization and mods.

On Overhauling they aren't trying to put stuff in a car that does not need to be there.

I have to agree with you Lou.

West Coast Customs does do good work too. I've seen pics of other cars they did that weren't part of the Pimp My Ride tv show. I don't put the blame on WCC. I put the blame on the producers of the show. I think it's the show itself that tells WCC to go ridiculously way over the top.

As for putting screens everywhere and making the cars look stupid. The show is called Pimp My Ride. Not Restore My Ride. Overhaulin was all about doing resto-mods. Chip Foose's style is about making customizations that look like they could've (or should've) been a factory option. Overhaulin's work is more classy, PMR is flashy.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM

on Inside West Coast Customs on the Velocity channel they do legit work. none of this tv screens in the headlights and fish bowl in the steering wheel junk!

Old 01-12-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
I have to agree with you Lou.

West Coast Customs does do good work too. I've seen pics of other cars they did that weren't part of the Pimp My Ride tv show. I don't put the blame on WCC. I put the blame on the producers of the show. I think it's the show itself that tells WCC to go ridiculously way over the top.

As for putting screens everywhere and making the cars look stupid. The show is called Pimp My Ride. Not Restore My Ride. Overhaulin was all about doing resto-mods. Chip Foose's style is about making customizations that look like they could've (or should've) been a factory option. Overhaulin's work is more classy, PMR is flashy.
what channel and time do these overhaul and chip foose shows come on I never even heard of this...I dont watch much tv unless its sports, and the funny stuff on tru tv.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Look up Chip Foose on youtube he did a great 71 or 72 Monte Carlo Silver with Blk Race Stripes, brought the guy to tears because that was the car his pop's had when he was a child !!!!

Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by StrongTakeover
what channel and time do these overhaul and chip foose shows come on I never even heard of this...I dont watch much tv unless its sports, and the funny stuff on tru tv.

I haven't seen Overhaulin on tv in a while. Pretty sure it's only in reruns now. In that case, you'd have to check your local listings. Like BigPana said, try searching youtube for episodes of Overhaulin'.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by DRuben
So true! I hope the 1965 Biodiesel impala they did is not in your 98% :p
It raced and beat a Lambo on the track!

1965 IMPALA SMOKES 2007 LAMBORGHINI!!! - YouTube

That is one sweet impala!!!!!

Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I love watch overhaulin the cars on there come out looking just bada$$.
Didn't WCC leave PMR cuz they were loosing customers over the cars on the show.Don't quote me on that.

Quick Reply: Pimp my ride