Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Pics from the troops

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Pics from the troops

Ian, Thank you for the pics. It makes us all remember that there are other things happening in the world besides our little corner. We all know that these were carefully picked, and they mean a lot to you, so they are all special to us. Thank you for sharing them with us. We all sincerely thank you for your tour there, and pray that you make it home safe.
On that note, when ya coming home?
Wayne

Old 09-06-2007, 08:19 PM

Oh im already home.. Im just hoping to stir up some of the other soldiers veiws here. I know there are a few troops on here.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:54 PM

Special thanks to the United states army. If I ever meet this pilot, im buying you a beer. Picture from my armoured ambulance when the dust off came. They quite possibly have saved this mans life.

Behold. The leapoard C2. Good thing us and the abrams are good buddies.

My beloved sally. may she rest in peace. This is an HLVW tractor. She weighs 32,000lbs, cna can haul a LAV3 with no problems. This was the result of a VBIED (vehicle borne improvised explosive device) a white toyota corolla with a few hundred pounds of high explosives. To put things in perspective, the glass is 3 inches thick, laminate bulletproof glass. The rear tires wigh 630 pounds. Each. And they were shredded. This truck kept moving for another 300m before it gave up. Well done sally, you'll be missed. Both driver and co-driver escaped with minor compression injuries.

Old 09-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dam! Suddenly the pot-holes in town don't seem so bad!

Thanks for the pics.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

HyperFox came to mind today, just thought I'd revive this thread.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:30 PM

Keep up the good work, buddy. Thanks for your guys' help in Iraq/Afghanastan.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Great pictures HyperFox. I don't have any pics that can compete with those, 90% of my time was spent on the flight-line where camera's are illegal. I did alot of red-carpet duty because most people could not handle it or could only do it once, a very hard thing to see but great respect for those that gave their lives. I'll see if I can dig some other pics up though.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:41 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Taz

HyperFox came to mind today, just thought I'd revive this thread.
[/align][align=center]Moderator `Taz,[/align][align=center]your post, & the World news reminds us daily on the troubles in our World.[X(][/align][align=center]It reminds me to appreciate freedom, & life all the more.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that `Ian is doing well, and I look forward tohis future posts.[/align][align=center]I do respect all that serve in the military.[/align][align=center]It's still difficult for me to comprehend that we must `kill for freedom.[/align][align=center]I don't want to believe in any God that says it's `ok to take a life.[/align][align=center]I can understand `if it's in defense of your own, or the life ofothers.[/align][align=center]I keep pray'in for a solution, and that as human's we can extract the intelligence[/align][align=center]to resolve the many conflicts in our World.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What's in this boys Mind ?[/align][align=center]Will he live in Peace ? Will he grow to be our enemy, or our friend ?
I pray that he learns/grows to be our `Friend. `amen
[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I wish him, I wish all a Safe/Free `Journey in Life

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/2D3010CC9DAF41FAB6E5F8A3D69E15CF.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 03-24-2008, 10:22 AM

wow...idk what else to say...

Old 03-24-2008, 02:05 PM

thanks for sharing the amazing pictures fox. and thanks for serving our country.

from far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee

Quick Reply: Pics from the troops