Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Osama is finally dead...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Default Osama is finally dead...

Hmm am I the only one that doesn't fully believe that? I wanna see a body aka proof that he is dead. With reelections coming up in the next year and everyone being pissed off about gas prices and prices in general going up it wouldn't surprise me if these non-trusting politicians are twisting the truth. Idk if this is just me talking pissed off bcuz they cut off Celebrity Apprentice when it was getting intense in the board room or what but either way...I personally want proof that he's gone. & honestly, this doesn't fix the whole middle east war stuff and I'm sure people out there are thinking yay the war is done! Not...anyone else have opinions on this??? && did it interrupt you while you were watching one of your favorite shows?

Old 05-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Brittany, I posted that on the daily blog a few minutes ago, is it a good thing that he is dead? There will always be some other idiot that has his sights set on the USA!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 PM

ha sorry Chris, I like rarely go on the daily blog anymore. & yes it's a good thing he is dead for sure but like you said, there will always be someone else out there. I'm just afraid the news is gonna blow this outta proportion like they usually do...making it sound like killing Osama will solve all problems going on in the middle east. Now we need to go get that loon in Iran who wants to blow Israel off the map bcuz obviously he has some serious mental and violence issues

Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I guess he's been killed but I do understand why some might doubt it. There have been multiple times where they thought he was dead. Reports in:

December 2001
October 2002
April 2005
Late 2005
September 2006
November 2007
March 2009
April 2009
October 2009

So, if he really is dead, good. However, we will still be at war in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia, etc. I don't see this as a life changing event. But I'm glad the guy is gone now.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:40 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well the diference is this time the President is standing by it. Looks like we finally got him....

I wonder if we should put his body on display at ground zero. Maybe that's too big of an honor. Maybe that would bring back the pain for a lot of families.

The thing is, his death only achieved revenge.... not much justice. Someone else will take his place, and that's that.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it's just a feather in Obamas hat for re-election... 10 years later they finally get him and a countless number of soldiers and civilians have been lost, f-that! Next up Momar Khadafi, we've been after him for how long now? Give me a break already, the war on terrorism will never end!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:42 PM

Yeah someone just posted on facebook that he'd bet that tomorrow there will be a retraction saying that it was just a look alike lol idk I just hope he's for real done with. My dad was saying that we had a chance to get him back in like 1993 but we didn't

Old 05-01-2011, 10:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Im watching the President address the subject right now. Not to take anything away from this accomplishment, but he seems to be taking WAY to much credit for himself. I bet he had just about as much to do with the operation as you and I did. Signing some papers and saying OK go ahead doesnt make it HIS accomplishment. I dont have anything against the guy but I would like to at least hear some humbleness and let us know who really should get the credit.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 PM

They are saying that the government will have to release photos proving it was the real Osama.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 PM

I totally agree Matt. Mike and I are kinda talking about that. To me, whoever actually killed him with whatever they killed him with, is the guy they should give most of the credit to but idk that may be a bit steep but still. It's not like Obama is over there in the conditions the troops are in fighting for their lives in this war

Quick Reply: Osama is finally dead...