Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Opinion on a Flat Black Monte..

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Monte2K
See, im liking that back, but for some reason, the front doesnt look good to me, maybe its the very modern head lights? got 2 months to think about it... it wouldnt be unique, but only one of 2 hehe

I have an other idea in mind that i think would make it one of its own... but i gotta talk to a fabricator
The front end needs black headlights. The entire car is black, then there are these two enormous, humongous, gigantic, ridiculously sized chrome headlights. They didn't look great when the car was stock and had a little bit of chrome detail, and they look even worse when the entire car is blacked-out! :p

Old 10-30-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by LuSe4
The front end needs black headlights. The entire car is black, then there are these two enormous, humongous, gigantic, ridiculously sized chrome headlights. They didn't look great when the car was stock and had a little bit of chrome detail, and they look even worse when the entire car is blacked-out! :p
Agreed. Also could use some flat clear coat on the heads and tails to help them match

Old 10-30-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by yutzybrian
If done right I think it'd look good. Some people think that flat black only looks good on older cars but here's a pic of a modern one done flat black. You be the judge

Sorry but i'd be ashamed to drive that thing looking like that.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

the grand prix looks like something a kid would do to a side walk with their giant chalks... would look a lot better with out those "flames" or what they are

Old 10-31-2010, 12:12 PM

the grand prix looks like something a kid would do to a side walk with their giant chalks... would look a lot better with out those "flames" or what they are
Grrrrr that's not a Grand Prix

Its suppose to be a style of ghost flames or whatever, they're about the same as any other flames, just flat

Old 10-31-2010, 01:39 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Grrrrr that's not a Grand Prix
You mean this isn't an Impala forum?

Old 10-31-2010, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member

my bad hehe

and i get that they are flames.. i just think that if your gonna paint it flat black, dont put anything else on it... Sorry if i insulted anyone..

Last edited by One Dark SS; 10-31-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
You mean this isn't an Impala forum?
yea yea i get the point lol. I know I'm outta place but when you own a Bonne and everyone's like "Oh you drive that silver grand prix?" it gets to ya. One reason I swapped my bumper covers, no grand prix ever had pig snout fogs.

my bad hehe

and i get that they are flames.. i just think that if your gonna paint it flat black, dont put anything else on it... Sorry if i insulted anyone..
haha its alright. Everyone has there own opinions, no harm no foul.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

For what it's worth, I like the Bonneville tail lights better than the Grand Prix.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:22 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

yea yea i get the point lol. I know I'm outta place but when you own a Bonne and everyone's like "Oh you drive that silver grand prix?" it gets to ya. One reason I swapped my bumper covers, no grand prix ever had pig snout fogs.

haha its alright. Everyone has there own opinions, no harm no foul.

Lol I Wasnt making fun of you, just poking some fun at monte2k , hell Im on so many grand prix forums. I do have an 89 gp but I dont use the forums for it. W bodies are very universal and it doesnt really matter which forum your on.

Also, I like the Bonneville looks in general over the grand prix. I agree with taz.

Quick Reply: Opinion on a Flat Black Monte..