Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

One busy saturday in the valley !

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default One busy saturday in the valley !

Morning all. Talk about being busy! Thats was the 3 of us on saturday. We got a hold of some car show in and around the Phoeniz area. So Saturday we all ( 3) got up early took showers and had our coffee. Then headed out to breakfast at Denny's. That was at 8:45 am. At about 9:45 we were on our way to the 1st of 3 car cruise in's. Not shows cause no awards. Its just a bunch of guys & girls with some real HOT cars & Trucks. So we take a 20 mins drive to a cruise in and swap meet. Get there and its in full swing . Looked at all the cars , trucks, & MOTORCYCLES . Some Awesome things there. Walked thru the swap meet for over an hour. Mostly 40's & 50's car parts. And Truck parts. Then around 1 PM we head over to another cruise in on the other side of the valley. About 35 mins away on the freeway. This one is at a Harley Shop . Right up my alley all 3 of us have a big history with HARLEY lets say an easy 35 + yrs. Its in full swing when we get there also. Custom Harley's all over the place! ( sorry guys I can't post pics yet But going to learn that here shortly) Also some out standing Hot Rods and Muscle cars. Were there for a couple of hrs eatting & drinking ( soda). Then we go visit a popular Biker bar up in Cave creek, AZ. Place is packed on the weekends. With wanta be's and the real thing! Some real nice looking stuff there also. Yeah even nice bikes ha ha ha ha. Ya got to LOVE Biker women Oh yeah. Then we head out back to another car cruise in at a K Mart parking lot. HOLY COW. We get there there about 20 cars sitting there. We sit in the car and just bs for a while resting our feet. About 45 mins later the place is buzzin big time. Now this is about 4:15 pm. So Wes and I hit the bricks walking again. While my wife goes shopping! Oh well. But we walked and walked around for it seemed like 4 hrs. But was only 2. 3/4 of the parking lot is full of Hot Rods , Muscle cars and trucks of all yrs. Only 2 Monte carlo out of all these shows. 1 1971 and one 1977 all white with gold ghost flames. But some AWESOME 40 & 50's Hot Rods. OMG Fantastic rides. Were there till about 9 pm. Getting a little hungry. So we take off to get a bite to eat. Arby's here we come. While were there Wes & I are talking about waht to do next. Go home or cruise around. Well back to the car show at K mart. Now were there for a couple more hrs. Still hoppin there! COOL . Then about 10:30 we leave and everyone wants a snack. DONUTS DONUTS DONUTS. We all want some kind of donut. So were off hunting for a donut. Most stores are closed. So the good O Circle K is open. OH hell yeah. We get out donut fix and sit in the car talking about what to do next. My wife say lets call it a day . Wes & I look at each other and back at her!!!!!!! Then we say OK had enough walkin for one day. All of us have our shoes off at this point . Get home around mid nite 30. Sit around fro about 30 mins and then say hey C ya in the morning. 1st one up puts on the coffeeA nice end to a great day! For sure...Told you it was a long one !

Old 02-26-2012, 10:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow Rick sounds like a fun day. I cant wait for you to learn how to post pics because I bet you have a bunch of great pics.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:13 AM

Rick it sounds like you all had a great time. I'm envious. I wish I had the time to catch all the action here in Florida. Enjoy your Sunday.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:02 PM

Awsome!!! Cant wait for ny winter to be over!! lol

Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday! It sounds like you enjoyed yourself.