Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Official GoPro™ Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Official GoPro™ Thread

Any other Monte Carlo Enthusiasts that have joined the GoPro frenzy? I bought an GoPro Hero 1 at a Pawn Shop last April and I'm definitely getting my moneys worth! :p Currently working on a video of different angles on the Monte! Hope to have it rendered soon with the help of Sony Vegas Pro!

My current selection consists of:
-GoPro Hero 1
-Suction Cup Mount
-GoPro LCD Touch BacPac™
-All cases associated with the LCD BacPac
-Various Adhesive tethers

Eventually, I want to get a mic for it so you don't hear just the wind.

Any of you guys 'n gals have a preferred setups? Angles? Etc?

!Share and Discuss anything GoPro here!

Name:  IMG600_zps107b6a50.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  141.3 KB

Last edited by Monroe; 02-04-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:45 AM

Bump?

Old 02-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How did I miss this thread!?!?! I got my go pro on black Friday

My selection of parts are:

Go pro hero 3 black edition
Water proof case
Open back door
Suction cup mount
WiFi connected to my phone for real time watching and play back and on/off/record/stop/setting changing

Have not recorded with it yet but just wait till spring!!!!

Greg (zippy) has a go pro video of some burnouts on the forum somewhere hopefully he will see this thread and contribute!

Old 02-04-2014, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by turbo monte
Go pro hero 3 black edition!
John, have you messed around with your GoPro yet? I just have the Hero 1 and I haven't heard of any differences in the models!

WiFi connected to my phone for real time watching and play back and on/off/record/stop/setting changing
Is that an app that allows you to do that? I have the LCD screen so I have a rough idea of where I'm aiming but would be nice to have the portable screen for reassurance!

Old 02-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I'm not sure the differences between 1 and 3 honestly. I haven't really messed with it at all either yet.

Does your go pro have the WiFi deal built into it? My go pro has its own WiFi deal that my phone recognizes and I connect to it and then download the go pro app and connect the go pro to the app.

Old 02-04-2014, 01:34 PM

Hmm, I'll have to look into it!

Old 02-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

I would really like to get one sometime.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
I would really like to get one sometime.
Mine's gonna be fully charged for our Storm Lake meet!

Old 02-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by ..Scar'lette..
Mine's gonna be fully charged for our Storm Lake meet!
sounds like a plan. would be fun to mess with up there

Old 02-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This should be a fun thread you have started Josh. This will be nice to be able to bounce questions and solutions off of each other, and share video techniques.

I don't really know all the differences between earlier and the latest 3 series cameras. And in the 3 series they have white, silver and black. The black apparently has all the bells and whistles so I opted for that version, guess that remains to be seen. I have read where the black has horrible battery life, getting about 1 hour per battery with the wifi off. Ended up going to ebay and buying a kit that has 3 batteries, a 110v charger and a 12v car charger which I think plugs directly into the GoPro and continously maintaining it's charge while your driving.

Have had mine out 3 times now, once thought all the settings were correct but instead of video had it on pictures at 30fps, lol. Needless to say I had some stupid number of pictures. The second time was when it was mounted on the side of the car, which turned out decent enough, but perhaps could have been positioned better to show the whole Monte Carlo script. The 3rd time I went out to film John's requested pulls, had the suction cup mounted upside down sticking to the sun roof glass and thought directed enough to capture the instrument cluster, which it did but not close enough, showed me and pretty much the whole inside of the cabin. Think it was on wide angle, now need to try to mount it closer and on narrow.

The camera has so many features it's cool as heck. When it was upside down, there is a setting to use that flips the capture rightside up still. I ended up using the GoPro studio editing program which is available for free from their website. Kind of a head scratcher but after a handful of hours had things somewhat understood. Still so much to learn, You Tube has some good videos to watch on how to get the most from your camera.

So now John, I did get the pulls in last week, but the camera is so far away from the dash all you see is a stand off view, could not read individual gauges. And that was 12 minutes worth of filming for 2 good pulls. Had some bad ones, missed shifts etc. And damn I get home, review them and was like damn it. Now we have had snow and rain the past few days and for the next 3 or 4 days. Will get back out again when the streets dry up. And Chalyce will not be wearing a coat either for the reaction video. You read my mind John, I have a heater is what I too was thinking. I told her the world wants to see "Skin Reactions" and she was all smiles...

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 02-05-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Official GoPro™ Thread