Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

off topic, NFL football!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:30 AM

It was a nail biter.
My brother in law called me in half time saying "you must be real happy right now"
All i could say to him was; I am not counting the chickens before they hatch, the steelers are dangerous in the second half and their come from behind victories.
I now have no more nails to bite lol... all gone!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by mrl390
I have a feeling its gonna be a tough game for all the fudgepacker fans to watch
Sure was! Hard to watch a rapist throw interceptions all game

Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
It was a nail biter.
My brother in law called me in half time saying "you must be real happy right now"
All i could say to him was; I am not counting the chickens before they hatch, the steelers are dangerous in the second half and their come from behind victories.
I now have no more nails to bite lol... all gone!
That and the Packers have been having notoriously bad second halfs. Glad they hung on to the win!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nocturnx
Sure was! Hard to watch a rapist throw interceptions all game
lol

Someone on facebook posted.

"If there was a 13 year old girl in the endzone, Ben would have ran in touchdowns himself"

I had tears of laughters.
What a good Sunday.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I love how NOT getting convicted or even charged with a crime automatically makes him not only a rapist, but aparently a pedofile by the previous post. Any one of us here can be falsely accused of rape but you dont think about that do you. One day someone who jumped onto that Ben's a rapist bandwagon is going to have the same thing happen to them and it wont be such a joke then.

BTW if you think Im defending him because im a Big Ben fan, you are wrong. I have always from day 1 thought he was arrogant and stuck up. I like him as a quarterback and thats it. Cant deny hes one of the best in the NFL.

With that out of the way, the Packers played a much better game than the Steelers. A well deserved win if you ask me.

Last edited by mrl390; 02-07-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:41 PM

Mrl,

It's in all good fun.
I don't know whether he is or not, and really don't care. Even if he was, there are other dangers to worry about than a famous rapist.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 PM

5 Year Member

Fun is trash talking before a big game. I can get into that. Throwing around accusations of rape isnt all in good fun IMO. Thats not the kind of subject to joke about or accuse someone of when you dont know what went on. Forget who its about. If it were any joe off the street I would feel the same way. But thats just me.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 PM

I'm not accusing him of anything, two women have. Just because he wasn't charged doesn't mean he didn't do it. It's more than likely they were paid off in my opinion. Funny that you find a problem with this but didn't with your "fudgepacking" sodomy comment. Guess thats funny too until it happens to you? lol It was just trash talking, I thought if you were dishing it out you could take it. I apologize if you were offended, I did not mean in anyway to offend anyone.

Last edited by Nocturnx; 02-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Green Bay won, let's just call it and go from there. It's been a good topic thus far, no need to get upset with comments for or against here! Hopefully next year this time we will be watching football again if there is no work stoppage in the NFL....

Old 02-07-2011, 10:01 PM

5 Year Member

My problem with the whole situation stems from something that happened in highschool. A kid I had been friends with since middle school was accused by a girl and her friends of raping the one girl at a party his senior year. It went far enough that he was questioned by police and held in jail overnight before the rest of the people at the party talked to the police and told them that their accusations were completely false. The kid was let go and not charged but he went from being John, the football player and future Marine to being John, that guy that was accused of rape.

The fact that you consider trash talking and something like that to be the same thing is what offends me, not trash talking in general. And as for my "fudgepacker" comment, its just a play on a name just like people call the Steelers the "squeelers". Its not like Im saying the Packers go around and sodomize people.

Im sorry, I dont want to argue with you. This will be my last post on this subject.

Last edited by mrl390; 02-07-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Quick Reply: off topic, NFL football!