Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: October 2019

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 06:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys... 27 degrees this morning

Where is everybody? Nothing to say or share?

So I saw on the way into work this morning that the Mega Millions is up to $900 mil. It blows my mind that we can go weeks and months without one single person matching the numbers drawn. The average person would be set for life on $50 mil so why can't we award more people lower amounts instead of less people higher, ridiculous amounts? I mean, really? Spread the wealth around. What's someone, that's never had that type of money, going to do with $600+ mil?

Keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather this Saturday for our Fall Meet. Currently looking iffy and we've already postponed it once.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 10-18-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS

So I saw on the way into work this morning that the Mega Millions is up to $900 mil. It blows my mind that we can go weeks and months without one single person matching the numbers drawn. The average person would be set for life on $50 mil so why can't we award more people lower amounts instead of less people higher, ridiculous amounts? I mean, really? Spread the wealth around. What's someone, that's never had that type of money, going to do with $600+ mil?

Keeping my fingers crossed for decent weather this Saturday for our Fall Meet. Currently looking iffy and we've already postponed it once.
Been preparing for that cold white stuff here, Dean seemed to be happy with the blast he received. And of course anything we get in MN you can bet where sending it to you Matt so hopefully this 70 degree heat wave we had today will stall out long enough for your show. As for the lottery I agree smaller payouts would better, usually don't play so odds of me winning seem low. Also seems like main screen my have changed a little, hopefully it will make Driver#3 happier

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 10-18-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool That snow was just an early freak storm

Well I have been busy cleaning up around the house for winter, I cleaned out the shed so I could get a few more things in there that I didn't want to tote to the basement, took a bunch of stuff to the Salvage yard made $10.05 wow, but I cleared the junk and didn't need to pay to have it hauled away.
The posting here is not my favorite way of doing it so I probably don't spend as much time at it. I did see they change the way you attach photo's now if you put in several they will show up unboardered and tight together. Once again if it isn't broke don't fix it.
Yesterday was windy but the sun was out the sky was clear and last night we got a sprinkle. so all in all not to bad.
Cool last night and it sprinkled some more.
That snow was just an early freak storm, you all up in the Dog Sled territory if you get some snow it could be around a bit? Lol

Old 10-19-2018, 07:46 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Due to weather, we have decided to change the Michigan Monte Carlo Club Fall Meet to this Sunday, Oct 21. Our luck with the weather has been sooo 'great' this year.

Yeah the Forum has changed quote a bit in the last couple months. I mean, eh it's fine but I found it easier to use prior to the changes. Specifically, I don't care for the actual image showing up in the dialog box - I preferred the [IMG] in text because it didn't take up a lot of space while writing/editing the post. There's also no images of Montes on the homepage, like along the top title area especially.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 10-19-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Weather is sunny today, yesterday was great a bit windy, but not to bad. Several projects to finish yet.
Nebraska Football is on a Roll, they got a streak going, I thought last week they were gonna mess it up but they came thru for sure
. Lol

Old 10-21-2018, 05:42 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Good morning MCF

Good morning MCF
Saturday was a great day to finish up some chores around the house, worked outside most of the day doing those final finish up things.
Today maybe wash the cars and of course pick up leaves.
Nebraska has broken their streak and finally won a game. Wow!

Old 10-23-2018, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

We finally had our Michigan Fall Meet on Sunday. Overcast and a little chilly (38 degrees) but nothing that us Michiganders can't handle. The cold didn't stop a strong turnout - we had 20 Montes which is our largest Fall Meet to date and second largest Meet overall! We also had every generation of Monte represented which is a first (5 1st Gens, 2 2nd Gen, 1 3rd Gen, 7 4th Gens, 1 5th Gen, 4 6th Gen). All 20 are shown here. Our People's Choice winner was the black 71 (far left of last pic below).

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 10-23-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
Cool Wow that was a very impressive turnout.

Good morning guys.

We finally had our Michigan Fall Meet on Sunday. Overcast and a little chilly (38 degrees) but nothing that us Michiganders can't handle. The cold didn't stop a strong turnout - we had 20 Montes which is our largest Fall Meet to date and second largest Meet overall! We also had every generation of Monte represented which is a first (5 1st Gens, 2 2nd Gen, 1 3rd Gen, 7 4th Gens, 1 5th Gen, 4 6th Gen). All 20 are shown here. Our People's Choice winner was the black 71 (far left of last pic below).

Wow that was a very impressive turnout. I am not sure if I could find 20 Monte Carlo's in my town. Only about a variety of 10. Most of them drive them like it is just another Ricer/everyday driver that is unkept.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:45 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 31 degrees this morning, a little crispiness in the air.

So after 4+ years of no mods or significant work to my car (just routine maintenance), I now have plans for it in the spring - I have a new hood insulator (part # 20910826) to install, I'll be installing all new brake rotors and pads, I want to repaint the calipers to red (and mask the SS logo into the fronts) and refinish the caliper brackets to a polished 'natural' finish, get it tuned, get an electric exhaust cutout and maybe headers (if I can find a set of reasonably priced Thorleys). The exhaust cutout will be interesting to see how it can be fitted - I'd like to locate it before the cat if possible for max sound when opened.

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Wow that was a very impressive turnout. I am not sure if I could find 20 Monte Carlo's in my town. Only about a variety of 10. Most of them drive them like it is just another Ricer/everyday driver that is unkept.
Oh yeah they keep coming out of the woodworks around here. 9 of the 20 at the Fall Meet were first time Meet attendees. We used to have mostly 6th gens at these Meets and that has completely shifted to mostly 4th gen and earlier now. The first gens are making way more of an appearance.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 10-24-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Good morning guys. 31 degrees this morning, a little crispiness in the air.

So after 4+ years of no mods or significant work to my car (just routine maintenance), I now have plans for it in the spring - I have a new hood insulator (part # 20910826) to install, I'll be installing all new brake rotors and pads, I want to repaint the calipers to red (and mask the SS logo into the fronts) and refinish the caliper brackets to a polished 'natural' finish, get it tuned, get an electric exhaust cutout and maybe headers (if I can find a set of reasonably priced Thorleys). The exhaust cutout will be interesting to see how it can be fitted - I'd like to locate it before the cat if possible for max sound when opened.

Oh yeah they keep coming out of the woodworks around here. 9 of the 20 at the Fall Meet were first time Meet attendees. We used to have mostly 6th gens at these Meets and that has completely shifted to mostly 4th gen and earlier now. The first gens are making way more of an appearance.
I see there is a 5th Gen in the group too.
I have a neighbor about 5 doors up the street with a 1st Gen 72 is about the same as the Copper colored one but It has a white vinyl top. I believe it was his wife's Fathers Monte and she used to drive it to school when she was younger.
I wonder about parts for the Monte Carlo? one of these days we may struggle to get them?

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: October 2019