Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

numbness

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Default numbness

I just found out that my 1/2 sister died a year and 1/2 ago. I have had issue with her but when I found out today she died I had no feelings. I was talking to my Dad and he was just about in tears even though he has had the same issue with her that I did. I just do not understand why I feel nothing for my blood. This is an odd feeling and I ope it is just shock but I think it may not be. But on the plus side of it I get to see my nephew again after all these years.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:31 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: numbness

Sorry to hear it.

People react to news and situtations like this differently. There are no set standards.

Don't be hard on yourself if you don't feel like you think you should.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:35 AM

idk what to tell ya...sometimes things just hit ya and u dont know how to react, maybe u just simply dont have anysimpathy for her after all these years, it can happen and it doesnt mean ur a bad person

Old 02-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd say considering the two of you haven't seen eye to eye in so long, and it sounds like you had given up hope of making up, it could be normal feelings.

Your dad's situation is different. If it's his daughter, he probably had hopes of patching things up with her. This pretty much ended that. I can see why he'd be upset by the news.

My condolences to you and your family.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:20 PM

sound like something my father would do...last year my grandmother died and he let me know two weeks after the fact. Then grandpa up and passes away...and he didnt let me know until the week after the funeral...I didnt really have any sad feelings..I hadnt seen those grandparents in years.....I feel you

Old 02-05-2008, 08:24 AM

My Dad holds nothing back, he found out the day prior and as soon as he got a hold of me he told me.

Thank you guys it is now a day later and still nothing. Oh well I got my nephew back, I guess that is all that matters. I missed the little guy. Well not so little anymore.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:46 AM

[align=center]Hi Sean,[/align][align=center]I found your post interesting, and it made me think.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Everyone knows that our human `journey ends,[/align][align=center]but we don't know when ? What ``if ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I only have, or know of one relative, my grandfather.[/align][align=center]He has raised me by himself since I was a few days old.[/align][align=center]I don't like thinking of him leaving life, but I do as a reminder[/align][align=center]to cherish `him, and never take his love/sacrifices [/align][align=center]4-granted.[/align][align=center]He's been my mentor, my friend, I love him. [/align][align=center]I don't know who my father is, or where my mother[/align][align=center]went after she dropped me `off, but I still think I [/align][align=center]would feel sad `if I learned they had departed their[/align][align=center]human form. : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I found the below link that you may find a similar feeling[/align][align=center]from another.[/align][align=center][:-][/align]
If No Feeling Of Mourning Over A Family Members Death is Heartless,
Then So Be It.
If people didn't fear to live, I think they'd be a lot happier off.
[:-]
http://www.progressiveu.org/181405-a...eally-that-bad