Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Bad Commutes USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Bad Commutes USA

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]- Multiple Selection above -[/align][align=center]______________________________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hello Member's,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]When I returned from my night job, & fired `up my [/align][align=center]computer this morning I found the below article[/align][align=center]on AOL.[/align][align=center]I've only been to two large cities: Miami & Orlando.[/align][align=center]I didn't like driving in either one of them.[/align][align=center]It's crazy out there : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]The Web provides me a window to the World, & a [/align][align=center]opportunity to see other cities/towns in our country.[/align][align=center]I don't think I would enjoy driving in the one's listed[/align][align=center]below...I'm living, I'm learning as I travel my `journey.[/align][align=center]Please post your comments on the below.[/align][align=center]Do you drive your Monte Carlo in any of the below[/align][align=center]listed cities. ?[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]America's Unhealthy Commutes[/align][align=center]
You might have heard that your commute is killing you. What's really taking a toll on your health is the polluted air, lengthy traffic delays and dodging accidents to and from work. Forbes has put together a list of the most unhealthy commuter cities. See who made the list.
Click on below link to take a Web Trip
[:-]click below 4 Trip [:-]
[align=center]Full List of 25 Cities from Forbes[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]In Pictures above link: America's Unhealthy Commutes

Post your comments/experiences:

I like towns like where Cowboy lives....I bet Mod Mickey could tell us
about his experience driving over the road in his truck... I sure wouldn't
want to drive a Big Rig in the above listed cities : (

[font="time

Old 02-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Default RE: Bad Commutes USA

I go to work at 4:30 in the morning and it is a 15 minute commute for me at that time. I probably would not like the commute if I had to drive at 7:30 - 8:30 as that would double if not triple my travel time.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 AM

[align=center]Hi J.R.,[/align][align=center]You are lucky to be on the Roads that early.[/align][align=center]Did you use your fog lights this morning ? [/align][align=center](Sorry, I just had to add that : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I haven't been to Orlando that many times, but when I[/align][align=center]do it's crazy..It seems like everyone is driving aggressive, &[/align][align=center]rides you bumper. Blow their horns, givesthe finger, etc [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's like a city race course, with bad drivers.[/align][align=center]Maybe, it's just when I drive up there : )[/align][align=center]Orlando really has grown, & I think the roads didn't grow[/align][align=center]with it. [X(][/align][align=center]I really appreciate my `Space in Indian River County : )[/align][align=center]Thanks for your post JR, be safe on your Highways,[/align][align=center]and don't forget to use your fog lights : )[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below are a few pic's in Indian River Co. Fl[/align][align=center]Post your area pic's `ok[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Click on Pic's 2 EnLarge

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/2675F3C770384717A1642C5256AD1690.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/B4406B3B62C54AAA8D5411582C65D75D.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center][:-]Map of My area Indian River [:-][/align][align=center]http://localism.com/real-estate/FL/I...r%20County/map[/align]

Old 02-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I live about 5 minutes away from my job. So I can't complain about my commute. It's also the main reason I only put 69,000 kilometers on my previous car in the 8 years I owned it.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 PM

Don't work on Mondays and I'm usually on the road before fog begins :-p

Old 02-04-2008, 02:46 PM

Jobless at the moment One of the worst things about switching schools in the middle of the year is that most places have had there opening filled, still looking though. Over the summer it was about an hour fifteen for the drive on the highway to my uncle's place, but he put me up during the week so I just made the trip every Monday and Friday.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I walk to work, my shop is on my property. I guess I could park closer to the porch then drive like 2 car lengths to the shop porch, then back up two car lengths to come home. LOL

Old 02-04-2008, 03:20 PM

So far it looks like the member's that posted are lucky, &
don't have to put work miles on their Monte's.
`Becky, may I suggest you let you son take your Monte
for a few days to blow out the carbon : ) LOL
[sm=gears.gif]

Old 02-04-2008, 04:47 PM

I'm surprised Boston wasn't close to the top of the list. My wife leaves her office at 5:00PM and doesn't get home until after 6:30-7:00. Bumper to bumper commute for miles and miles leaving Boston and heading North on Interstate 93.
One guy gets a flat or runs out of gas and the whole parade grinds to a halt.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:22 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

the good 'ol days are almost over for me. i live 3.5 miles from school. starting in the fall, i've got about a 40 mile drive both ways to college. the dorms there are unfurnished, and cost almost as much as gas to live at home... so the plan is to just drive like heck to wake forest every day

Quick Reply: Bad Commutes USA