Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

November 2018 Fall Photographs theme

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 07:54 AM

Here's my photo for theme 1 , I stopped by some state hunting land on my way home from the car show.

Hopefully this one will be ok for the harvest theme

Last edited by Jeffs02rwdSS; 10-16-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Here's my photo for theme 1 , I stopped by some state hunting land on my way home from the car show.

Hopefully this one will be ok for the harvest theme
Great shots the last one needs a Sod Buster out in that field with his Combine/Picker harvesting that Corn.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Great shots the last one needs a Sod Buster out in that field with his Combine/Picker harvesting that Corn.
Bad new for the farmers in the area, all the fields are too wet to get equipment into so they will have to wait for the ground to freeze ,

Old 10-17-2018, 08:21 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Bad new for the farmers in the area, all the fields are too wet to get equipment into so they will have to wait for the ground to freeze ,
With the snow we got last week things are not drying in the fields here either.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I got a couple of those themes covered on my last photoshoot, but I'm not posting them yet in case I come up with something better

One thing I think that could drawn a little more interest in the Photo Contests (I prefer to call it a "Photo Challenge") is if it were moved from the "Off Topic" section to "General Monte Carlo Talk". I never thought these things to be off topic and to casual auto-enthusiast members not looking for general chit-chat these contests may be invisible

Old 11-02-2018, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I got a couple of those themes covered on my last photoshoot, but I'm not posting them yet in case I come up with something better

One thing I think that could drawn a little more interest in the Photo Contests (I prefer to call it a "Photo Challenge") is if it were moved from the "Off Topic" section to "General Monte Carlo Talk". I never thought these things to be off topic and to casual auto-enthusiast members not looking for general chit-chat these contests may be invisible
Great idea!

Old 11-04-2018, 07:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

*Edit - I removed my first submittal because it was already used and tied for 1st in the previous contest.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-28-2018 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Remove image
Old 11-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So what happened to the October contest? I'm a little lost because that's up and hasn't been voted on yet (seems like submitting is still active for it) and I thought my fall foliage shot would be good there, but then I just noticed this November contest and you have fall foliage as a theme. Not sure what's going on.

All that said, I'm re-entering my above 'fall foliage' shot in this contest since it's a theme.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-04-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
So what happened to the October contest? I'm a little lost because that's up and hasn't been voted on yet (seems like submitting is still active for it) and I thought my fall foliage shot would be good there, but then I just noticed this November contest and you have fall foliage as a theme. Not sure what's going on.

All that said, I'm re-entering my above 'fall foliage' shot in this contest since it's a theme.
That will work I answered in the other Voting theme what I thought the problem may have been. Sorry I think it's the new forum page a glitch or algorithm thing.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, I got 2 categories covered again this month. The pictures were taken the same day as last months pics - notice the same crappy gray skies.

For theme #1 I got this:

It was taken in Springbank Park, around the corner from the Storybook Gardens castle. There still a lot of green in the shot, but all that's gone now. It's such a narrow window between green and gone these days

For theme #2 I took this:

It's not an awesome shot, but it's a shot I never got before. That there is Labatt Memorial Park in downtown London Ontario. Formerly Tecumseh Park until 1936, Labatt Park is the "oldest continually operating baseball grounds in the world" dating back to 1877. Some sacred ground there! The shot was taken somewhere I should have never gotten the car. I was driving by and saw maintenance or someone left the gate open, so I drove in. No one ever questions these things in a car like this. This town is built around that brewery. I probably could have taken the car out on the diamond. It's a fun picture to take just to tell the park's story

Quick Reply: November 2018 Fall Photographs theme