Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   November 2018 Fall Photographs theme (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/november-2018-fall-photographs-theme-60197/)

drivernumber3 09-27-2018 09:10 PM

November 2018 Fall Photographs theme

2 Attachment(s)
Novembers themes Are all about Fall ( Fall Foliage) (Fall Sports) ( Fall Harvest) ( Fall Hunting) ( Fall Shopping) (Fall Holidays like Halloween & Turkey day) I included a couple of samples.

Theme #1 Fall Foliage ... The trees are beginning to loose a few leaves, and turn Rusty color. Get a shot of you ride with some color in it.

Theme #2 Fall Sports .... Sometimes you can find your Favorite Teams field, maybe its on the Big Screen in your Garage, maybe it's in front of the Team Store outlet. Anything like Sports

Theme #3 Fall Harvest the sod busters are in the field,

#3 b. Fall Hunting by your favorite Hunt store or near the wild life refuge maybe the wild life are nearby.

#3 C. Fall Shopping that's anywhere you like

#3 d Fall Holidays like Halloween Or Turkey day ( this one you can also do some Photoshop to make it unique or scary)

Now this theme (photographers choice) will be good for December, January, all the way down to April so you can really be creative. ( It's kinda like( Run what you brung) only your taking the shots earlier.

BobLey 10-11-2018 06:50 AM

Fall Foliage photos are going to be great for sure. I can already picture what I want, I just hope I'm going to be able to take one or two worth posting.

drivernumber3 10-11-2018 07:07 AM

Good deal! We need more players

Originally Posted by BobLey (Post 714434)
Fall Foliage photos are going to be great for sure. I can already picture what I want, I just hope I'm going to be able to take one or two worth posting.

Good deal! We need more players. make sure that you have a few more posts so everything works for you. Thanks looking forward to seeing some kool shots!!

Jeffs02rwdSS 10-11-2018 07:12 AM

I'd better get moving on these scene's , weather is changing fast and I don't see a category for car covers and snow piles.

drivernumber3 10-11-2018 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS (Post 714439)
I'd better get moving on these scene's , weather is changing fast and I don't see a category for car covers and snow piles.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: It's 32 degrees here in Middle Nebraska this morning. Just been kind of chilli for several days now.

06mistreSS 10-11-2018 08:04 AM

I need to get in on this one. Fall foliage is one of my favorites to shoot so hopefully the color gets good in the next few weeks. Fall sports is also a good one - I'd like to shoot next to Michigan Stadium again and I really wanted to get some shots next to Joe Louis Arena before Detroit tears it down but since we moved it's a haul to get into Downtown now.

Here's my .02 - I think we need to refine this photo contest. Multiple themes per month is good, as it allows more participation and variety, but it gets to be a little much when we also have multiple votes each month. And we're barely getting votes as it is. I think we simplify it and limit the voting to ONE vote per month that includes ALL submitted photos. So, one contest per month - the first 3 weeks is the submittal period (with 1, 2, 3+ themes) and the last week is the voting period for all photos submitted. Thoughts?

drivernumber3 10-11-2018 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 714448)
I need to get in on this one. Fall foliage is one of my favorites to shoot so hopefully the color gets good in the next few weeks. Fall sports is also a good one - I'd like to shoot next to Michigan Stadium again and I really wanted to get some shots next to Joe Louis Arena before Detroit tears it down but since we moved it's a haul to get into Downtown now.

Here's my .02 - I think we need to refine this photo contest. Multiple themes per month is good, as it allows more participation and variety, but it gets to be a little much when we also have multiple votes each month. And we're barely getting votes as it is. I think we simplify it and limit the voting to ONE vote per month that includes ALL submitted photos. So, one contest per month - the first 3 weeks is the submittal period (with 1, 2, 3+ themes) and the last week is the voting period for all photos submitted. Thoughts?

When Miss Barb was doing the contest: She would usually do 2 per month and it was a surprise for the theme. sometimes the winner wouldn't be able to figure one out for a week or 2.
After she passed the photo contest that was zippy02's idea just went stale.
Then I thought lets do a multiple theme and see what kind of participation we get.
So if we have 3 out there and folks only participate in 1 or 2 that would be good. I wanted to get the folks that only can do city themes a shot along with the country folks like me. Maybe guys want to participate but can't find that particular setting but maybe they can with three.
I need to drive a piece to get into the big city and take advantage of the some areas that would be good for back drops.
I enjoy the challenge of the photography shot, sometimes we are handicapped because we need to have the Car in the shot, that's why I tried the Mini Monte photo in 2017 when it came to the Sunset theme. Everyone was spoofed about the forced perspective I created.
To me it isn't always about the Car in the Pic it's about the entire setting. What does it look like with everything in it. Years ago my art instructor called that (Composition).

Now most of the players on this are going to be putting the Monte to bed shortly and bring it out next spring.
I kept that in mind with all the themes that were done through out the warmer months.
So the time from December to Spring is going to be a run what you brung theme, or Photographers Choice.
I never liked the Voting after a tie so if there is a tie we got 2 first places.
There is an option for multiple voting when you get that all set up so I think I am going to try that on the Next one, that way if you enjoy 2 different pics you can give a vote for each one.

I rarely vote in these myself, just because I do it for the fun and to see how many people like the shots we take.

I would like to figure out a way that I can promote this a little better.
Seems like we get so many folks who try to figure out why there car isn't working, and once they do they leave. I want them to stay and try to enjoy the stuff we can do here. The one thing I have learned is that on Facebook you can't do a contest and get participation for a theme.

The guys will submit a photo of just the car and then only the individual Gen owners will vote for there Gen. That's not photography that's a snapshot.

Since they changed this website posting, it is a pain in the NECK to set up the voting thing and put in all the photo's its like I get it in and the part I am working on will crash.
(Just to screw with me) LOL
I hope everyone likes the Certificates I have come up with. I save them as a jpeg so if you want to print them off you can with a pdf you can't save it to your photo album unless you have the adobe soft where for that which is so much per month. I only use that free version now that I have retired. Lol
Theme ideas are always welcome. I hope this will be OKAY with all the players. Let me know if you got more ideas I think I have the similar thought as you were??????????????:thinking:

06mistreSS 10-11-2018 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 (Post 714449)
Let me know if you got more ideas I think I have the similar thought as you were??????????????:thinking:

I just mean that we had 3 seperate voting threads for last month's 3 themes. I think we should consolidate all of the themes (whether it's 2, 3, 4 etc) into one voting thread for any given month. And if there's a way to vote for multiple pictures I think we should do that. For instance, say we have 15 images submitted for all the themes for October - those all go into one voting thread and it's a 'pick your favorite 3 images'. Themes can be up to last month's winner or, if they haven't come up with any in time, whoever creates the submission thread can decide.

It'd be nice to have the photo contest start on the 1st of any given month, no exceptions - that way the new photo contest and Blog threads get created at the same time which will be easy to remember. Then the last week of the month for voting.

And the certificates are a nice bonus.

drivernumber3 10-11-2018 03:35 PM

See the link

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS (Post 714451)
I just mean that we had 3 seperate voting threads for last month's 3 themes. I think we should consolidate all of the themes (whether it's 2, 3, 4 etc) into one voting thread for any given month. And if there's a way to vote for multiple pictures I think we should do that. For instance, say we have 15 images submitted for all the themes for October - those all go into one voting thread and it's a 'pick your favorite 3 images'. Themes can be up to last month's winner or, if they haven't come up with any in time, whoever creates the submission thread can decide.

It'd be nice to have the photo contest start on the 1st of any given month, no exceptions - that way the new photo contest and Blog threads get created at the same time which will be easy to remember. Then the last week of the month for voting.

And the certificates are a nice bonus.

Something like this is what you were thinking of MAYBE? Check the link!
I can only do a max of 10 so we could split it up if we had 15. This link will show what I did on the last one.
This also used a multiple vote option so in this case you could vote 2 times for 2 different photo's

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...-photos-60218/

06mistreSS 10-12-2018 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 (Post 714454)
I can only do a max of 10 so we could split it up if we had 15. This link will show what I did on the last one.

No, the goal is to get away from multiple voting threads per month so if the max is 10 then we should limit the submissions to the first 10. Maybe a 2 or 3 photo limit per person per month. And the link that you attached on your above post is exactly what we need to do each month - take all submitted photos across all themes for any given month and put them into ONE voting thread with a multiple choice option. I like that :thumbsup: