Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Not a chick car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

fun killer!! LOL its all good Kid Space that picture is from this forum and a certain owner of a dale e jr. car so if people want to see it they can start there

Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
There hasn't been a Monte Carlo in history that would be a "chick car."

Oh, no?

Enough tell me they love my '03 Pace car. (I just take the credit for owning it)

Old 03-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by rj
Oh, no?

Enough tell me they love my '03 Pace car. (I just take the credit for owning it)
That's not what I meant. My fiance loves my Monte, and so do all her friends!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 PM

I always was under the impression that Hondas & Toyotas were for people who don't work on their own cars & have no passion. Just me. I know the kids like 'em, but after the dump $20,000 on a thump box, wheels and a Trash Can muffler --what do they have? Nuthin.
They coulda took the original 10 grand + the 20 & got an Older Camaro (even a new one!) or a nice 2007 MC!
I just plain love Fossil fuel powered cars! (all of them) I'm tired of hearing how bad American cars are though. Just go to the Junk Yard -- What do you see? Hondas & Yodas!

Old 03-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Photobucket

Not to be a downer, but I actually find more American made cars in the yard than I do foreign. I personally can not deny them their reputation on reliability. However, what you first said about how they're cars for people without automotive passion or who are willing to work on their own cars, I do believe in that. To a point. There are a TON of loyal Honda owners who DO customize and work on their own cars. There probably isn't a bigger tuner following than for the Hondo Civic. You can't deny that. And the people who truly are passionate about their import tuners, are serious about it. They're not spending $10K on sound systems (some are), they're adding turbo's, tunes, exhaust systems, cams, pulleys, injectors, etc. You get the idea.

I support American made cars and other products because that's what I believe in and that's how I was raised. But I can't close my eyes to what is the truth.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:54 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

X 2 ^^^
for some a car is just a tool and they will never understand why some one loves there car and puts so much time in to it
and for others there car is more that just something to get you from point A to B it is there passion / Obsession ( like me and many others )
I guess that is why I am car crazy!! LOL

Old 03-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Photobucket

I hear that. You know how many times and people have told me, "It's just a car."

I want to slap 'em in the head.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:05 PM

IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

yea you either get it or you don't .

Old 03-04-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Not to be a downer, but I actually find more American made cars in the yard than I do foreign. I personally can not deny them their reputation on reliability. However, what you first said about how they're cars for people without automotive passion or who are willing to work on their own cars, I do believe in that. To a point. There are a TON of loyal Honda owners who DO customize and work on their own cars. There probably isn't a bigger tuner following than for the Hondo Civic. You can't deny that. And the people who truly are passionate about their import tuners, are serious about it. They're not spending $10K on sound systems (some are), they're adding turbo's, tunes, exhaust systems, cams, pulleys, injectors, etc. You get the idea.

I support American made cars and other products because that's what I believe in and that's how I was raised. But I can't close my eyes to what is the truth.

I respect what you are saying about the tuner cars. It's great if they truly know what they are doing! Don't see alot of those
at the strip or street here in KC. Most of it is junk. I've seen so many blown
up V-tec motors from a Noz bottle-- it would make your head spin. What I was tryin' to say is that there alot of people out there dropping mega $$$ on their kids rides - that don't know what they are doing. You could get a '69 Z-28 for 30 grand! Hello!
They come over & expect me to fix/or fiqure out whats wrong. usually there is
nothing left to tune w/#1 rod hangin' out the side of the block.
A car is only as reliable as the owner. if you take care of it --it takes care of you. Case in point: My '70 C-10 has a 334,000 mile L-48 350 in it. Only things
I've had to to do to it is a Timing Chain replacement & Quadrajet Rebuild besides regular maintenance. I'm going for the Million Mile club ...

Old 03-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Photobucket

Sounds good man! Happy cruising!

I don't think anyone should buy their kid a '69 Z-28 though. My kid would get a used Focus or Cobalt. lol

Quick Reply: Not a chick car.