Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Not Available For Sale Here : (

Old 11-08-2010, 08:45 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs down Not Available For Sale Here : (

FYI We can't have one here Which one do you like ? Do you wish we could get any of the below vehicles ?

Not Available For Sale Here

By Joel Stonington, BusinessWeek

Dozens of automotive models—from manufacturers that include boutique supercar makers in Europe and mass producers in China and India—may never roll down U.S. streets.

MORE AT BUSINESSWEEK.COM
Once the unquestioned destination car market, the U.S. is no longer even the world's biggest. Last year, China became the top consumer of motor vehicles. Our list this year includes two cars we'd like to see here: the world's fastest pickup truck and a two-seat roadster with a roof that retracts in just 12 seconds. Nevertheless, you won't see these vehicles in a showroom any time soon.

HSV MalooR8

HSV MalooR8

Available: Australia
Price: AU$59,900 ($58,879)*

The Guinness World Records book clocked the Maloo at 169 mph in 2006, making it the world's fastest pickup truck. Since the early 1990s it has been built by Holden Special Vehicles, the high performance group of General Motor's Australian subsidiary Holden.

Lancia Ypsillon Elle

Lancia Ypsillon Elle

Available: Europe
Price: €10,990 ($15,334)

Available only in European markets, this limited-edition vehicle was conceived in collaboration with Elle magazine. Based on Lancia's Ypsilon supermini, this diminutive hatchback is designed to appeal to female buyers. At the 2010 Paris auto show Fiat Chief Executive Officer Sergio Marchionne stated that the company would delay the launch of the third-generation Ypsilon until 2012 because of weak conditions in the European market.

Wiesmann Roadster MF3

Wiesmann Roadster MF3

Available: Europe, Asia
Price: €60,000 ($83,718)

Manufactured by hand in Dulmen, Germany, the retro-looking MF3 resembles a classic British roadster with guts that are pure Teuton. That's because under the hood is the same straight-six that BMW uses in its M3 performance cars. Wiesmann had been considering bringing it over to the States but so far hasn't wished to jump the twin hurdles of import duties and the engineering tweaks required to conform to U.S. safety standards.

Citroën

Citroën

Available: South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia
Price: €28,983 ($40,440)

Designed to compete with the Mini and Audi A1, the DS3 was launched in 2009 as the first in the premium series of customizable cars by the French automaker Citroën.

Chery A5

Chery A5

Available: Asia, Africa, Russia
Price: RMB 74,800 ($11,216)

Some might snicker at the Chery A5 sedan, shaking their heads at the notion that such a car could ever find a market in the U.S. They might say it's too small and too inexpensively priced and that it lacks many of the luxuries—not to mention basics—of cars sold in U.S. showrooms. People laughed at Toyota in the 1970s.

Renault Wind

Renault Wind

Price: €17,388 ($24,261)

Made by French automaker Renault, the Wind is a two-seat roadster with a one-piece retractable roof that Renault claims takes just 12 seconds to fold away.

Tata Indigo

Tata Indigo

Available: India
Price: Rs. 460,583 ($10,356)

With revenues of $20 billion last year and 5.9 million of its vehicles operating on Indian roads, Tata is one of the top three producers of passenger cars in India. The compact four-door Indigo has been a market mainstay since it was introduced in 2002.

Abarth Punto Evo

Abarth Punto Evo

Price: €18,523 ($25,864)

A high-performance car based on the Fiat 500, but produced by Abarth—the Italian rally-car maker—the Abarth Punto Evo has a high top speed and respectable 0-to-100 km/h (62 mph) performance of 7.9 seconds.

Fiat Qubo

Fiat Qubo

Price: €9,988 ($13,946)

While the first supermini Fiat 500s are arriving in the U.S. this year, there are no plans so far to release the boxy Qubo. That may not disappoint many American drivers because it takes about 16 seconds to get from 0 to 62. In fact, as Jeremy Clarkson of Britain's popular Top Gear car show wrote in the Sunday Times of London last year: "The Qubo is so slow that if you climbed into one this morning in Hunstanton and attempted to drive south as fast as possible, coastal erosion would swallow you up by Wednesday evening."

Opel Ampera

Opel Ampera

Price: €27,980 ($39,069)

General Motors launched this cool-looking version of the Chevy Volt as the car's Opel-branded European version.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 AM

None of those that I'd want, but there are a few Holden's I wouldn't mind having imported such as the Commodore SS V-Series Redline Edition. (Holden Commodore is the same car as the Pontiac G8, just configured by Holden instead of GM)

Old 11-08-2010, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

...LOL `Brian, yes I agree and maybe that's why they are not shipping them over 2 North America : )
I do love the holden products & do like their Camio style pick up. I was just sharing auto items I found on the web and filling in some of the empty spaces on the forum...Our sponsor love acitivity & they pay the bills to keep us running : )
Peace/Happy/Out

Old 11-08-2010, 12:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I'll take the Maloo in Popcorn Yellow. LOL

Old 11-08-2010, 05:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Ill take a Lumina SS out of the middle east. Basically a G8 with Chevy badges. I really like the slight styling differences between the two. Not that the G8 looks bad, I just think the lumina looks better.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I wanted a 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO back when they were for sale new. GM absolutely refused to even consider selling them in Canada. Would've had to buy one in the US and "smuggle it" over the border. Like it was some kind of illegal contraband or something.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:23 PM

That first one you posted... i want.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:31 PM

Send a Holden to SC too please! Hey... group buy???? Can dream can't we?

Originally Posted by Taz
I wanted a 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO back when they were for sale new. GM absolutely refused to even consider selling them in Canada. Would've had to buy one in the US and "smuggle it" over the border. Like it was some kind of illegal contraband or something.
Seriously? Didn't know that. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense but then again GM isn't really known for making sense sometimes. I too wanted a GTO since they came back out. GM could have done a better job of making a connection with the past (read: new Camaro, Challenger and Mustang) but come on 400hp rwd

Old 11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JAFO

Seriously? Didn't know that. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense but then again GM isn't really known for making sense sometimes. I too wanted a GTO since they came back out. GM could have done a better job of making a connection with the past (read: new Camaro, Challenger and Mustang) but come on 400hp rwd
By the way, every GM dealership in Canada was constantly harassed by people eager to buy the new GTO. GM could've doubled the GTO's sales if they sold them over here too. They seriously dropped the ball on that decision. But it's done now.

The 04-06 GTO really was a re-badged Holden Monaro. Google some pictures of it and see for yourself. I think if the 04-06 GTO would've sold better, they would've redesigned it with a more retro look.

Like Jose said, 400 horsepower in a RWD car the size of a Grand Am? Love it!

Old 11-09-2010, 10:33 AM

I like the holden maloo and the opel. What about the tickford falcon? Those were nice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not Available For Sale Here : (