Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Is this the nicest car forum on the 'Net?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:08 PM
1 Year Member
Default Is this the nicest car forum on the 'Net?

So I've been doing a little bit of side work on some foreign cars and I've noticed something...

Every JDM (Japanese Domestic Motor) related forum I read, a person has a legitimate question they need help with, and one or two paltry answers are offered and then usually some know it all gets on and posts about how everyone else is stupid and that the answer is this, blah blah blah, just running their mouth, then it seems like the flood gates open and every opinionated person decides to join in on WW3 on this thread topic....it gets a little ridiculous.

However, I have never seen that here on MCF in the year and a half or so that I've been a member. And for that I sincerely applaud each and every one of you.

Now, I'm absolutely NOT trying to bash any of these forums, or their owners/mods/admins, but would I be correct in assuming that the majority (NOT ALL) of these "fast and furious" ricer types are usually uneducated and way too mouthy for their own good?

Im very interested in hearing everyone's take on this, so please, contribute!

Old 06-18-2014, 02:19 PM

This forum is great. The mustang forum I have been on since I got mine has been really good. There is also a couple dodge forums that I have been on that are really good. One place I have noticed to be pretty bad is some GTO forums, they act just like you said the JDM forum does. When I was looking at cars I went on there to ask about the GTO and I pretty much got torn a new one for even thinking about getting a GTO. I just think it depends on the mindset of a particular group. Some places think they know everything and expect everyone else to know everything about the car as well. It's nice to not have that here or any of the forums that I'm on for that matter.

Old 06-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I also Belong to a Malibu forum not nearly as active or friendly as this one.

Also after actually meeting some of the members face - to - face it seams even closer relationships have formed

Old 06-18-2014, 02:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's always tough to find a nice place. We pride ourselves in being a family friendly forum!

All of our members just seem like genuine friends, it's great!

Old 06-18-2014, 02:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

For sure this forum is one of the best ones, I have met many many many members on here and now i am really good friends with a few of em and we drive lots of miles a few times a year just to chill. I like how relaxed it is here and we all seem to get along. It may come from MOST Monte owners know exactly what the Monte is, not fast, not slow. Just a nice enjoyable car, as with the ricers and gto, people are always competing to be the fastest, bestest car and that creates a lot of tension.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree that this is the best forum too and it seems that more people know each other and call each other by name. I think that is a nice touch this forum adds. Tadd I am guessing you belong to the chevy malibu forum because I belong to that too and it is no where near like this forum. Everyone is always helpful and encouraging when it comes to doing anything. Instead of bashing someone for something they share how to improve it. It just makes this forum even better. I am glad to be apart of it for sure.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am a member of a forum for one of the other cars I in my driveway. 50% of the people on that forum I feel make their age very clear and their is no actual moderation going on (it's the culture of that forum).

Most days the staff has it easy and the forum runs itself, but there are days where the staff does have to intervene. I know some of us here have had personal attacks from newbies who felt that was acceptable conduct. Luckily, those bad days are far and few in between.

We have a lot of great members

Old 06-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've been on a lot of forums. Every forum has it's share of problems now and then. This forum is one of the nicest forums I've been on.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:40 AM
Cool >Congrat's MCF<

Voted best automotive forum on the `web.

Best `Staff & Member's
The MCF is what the Staff & Member's make it.
Thanks to our Staff & active contributing member's.

What are you doing to make it better ?
(I ask myself every time I log on)

Old 06-19-2014, 07:06 AM
1 Year Member

Im glad everyone feels generally the same way that i do, and i would have to agree with devin about other forums and car styles being made into a competition, and im glad its not that way here.

Quick Reply: Is this the nicest car forum on the 'Net?