Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

News from `Space : )

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i thought something was missing. hope they get it fixed soon space. at least this gives you some time to hit the waves

Old 05-13-2010, 08:18 PM

Relax bud

Old 05-13-2010, 08:35 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Wow Space ur in the same situation im in & it sucks lol hope u get ur computer runnin soon

Old 05-13-2010, 11:06 PM

space get a mac as soon as you can. no more crashing, freezing, and dying windows = internet heaven. Hated macs until I got one.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:05 PM

...Thanks Everyone for your post/words and concerns..
I appreciate 4-Sure...A friend is letting me use his `puter until mine is repaired...I am very thankful for sure...I could not afford to go back to the Rehab Clinic for MCF Web Withdrawels LOL
Below is the latest Real `Space NEWS
Science
New Pictures Show Jupiter Is Missing a Stripe

Hugh Collins
AOL News
(May 13) -- New pictures of Jupiter show that a huge band of dark clouds that normally surrounds the giant planet has vanished.

The planet's appearance usually is dominated by two dark bands in its atmosphere -- one in the north and another in the south -- along with the Giant Red Spot, an enormous storm that is more than twice the size of Earth.

All three were visible at the end of last year before the planet went behind the sun. When it re-emerged last month, new pictures from Australian astronomer
Anthony Wesley showed the southern cloud band was nowhere to be seen.
Anthony Wesley, The Planetary Society
The photo at left shows Jupiter without the band of clouds that typically circles it south of its famous Giant Red Spot. The photo at right shows the cloud belt intact.

"It just doesn't look right," amateur astronomer Bob King of Duluth, Minn., wrote on his blog AstroBob. "Jupiter with only one belt is almost like seeing Saturn when its rings are edge-on and invisible for a time."

This is not the first time the southern band has gone missing. It vanished in the 1990s and was also absent in 1973 when NASA took its first close-up pictures of the planet, according to
New Scientist.

The disappearing band may be the result of changes in the color of the clouds that make it up, scientists believe. According to this theory, the band is obscured when whitish clouds form at its top, making it harder to see, New Scientist said.

Jupiter is the largest planet in the solar system, more than 1,000 times bigger than Earth. The planet is a giant ball of gas and liquid with little or no solid surface.

Wesley is already looking forward to seeing the southern band return, an event he hopes will happen this year or next.

"Jupiter is a joy to observe," he told
Space.com. "You can be sure there is always something violent and interesting going on."

Old 05-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think 2001 ss keith used that stripe on his Monte. lol

Old 05-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

If Jupiter is a giant ball of gas and liquid, with no solid surface, should it really be considered a planet? Seriously.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:43 PM

...LOL `Lou,
Now that explains what happened 2 it...Glad that it went on a Super Monte like Keith's....

New Name: Keith's Jupiter designed `Monte <~ I corrected one of my many error's, Sorry: )
It's a out of this World from Space.....LOL

p.s. Taz, really like your new `sig.....I bet the devil likes the flames 2 : ) It's a Hot Garage : )

Last edited by Space; 05-15-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

You mean Keith's Jupiter designed Monte right?

Thanks for the comments about the sig. It's obviously a modded version of the monster garage logo. I want to change it a bit more. Make it say Monte Carlo Forum somehow. "Carlo" will be easy. "forum" will be a bit harder.

Old 05-15-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
You mean Keith's Jupiter designed Monte right?

Thanks for the comments about the sig. It's obviously a modded version of the monster garage logo. I want to change it a bit more. Make it say Monte Carlo Forum somehow. "Carlo" will be easy. "forum" will be a bit harder.
...Yes `Lou, you are correct...My Bad Sometimes I have no control over my Stupidity 4-Sure....
I keep getting lost in my HeadSpace....There's a lot of junk in my head....
"We both posted about the same time above & I missed your prior post
If Jupiter is a giant ball of gas and liquid, with no solid surface, should it really be considered a planet? Seriously

...That's a good point...Maybe it should just be called a
Big `Fart in Space with a lot of `Gas What
a Big Space `FART LOL

"I'll submit that suggestion 2 NASA & Space.com : ) LOL

Thanks for all your posts & contributions....Our sponsors do love to see activity on our forum, and we are doing the best we can : )

p.s. Look 4ward to seeing update design on your `sig...
Thanks `Lou

Last edited by Space; 05-15-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Quick Reply: News from `Space : )