Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

new rwd impala? have you seed this? !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007 | 02:20 PM
|
Default new rwd impala? have you seed this? !!!

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=57885

2010 Impala (Impala LTZ Shown)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 900x624 and weights 117KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 850x636 and weights 84KB.

Trim Levels
Base: LS
Mid-level: LT
Up-level: LTZ
Sport: SS

Introduction

With the Malibu and Caprice being positioned to fill the spot (and sales) held by the current FWD Impala, the next generation model is freed to move up market and onto the Zeta RWD platform. This allows for the car to draw on the heritage and goodwill of the Impala name by going retro in it’s look and advertising. This car is squarely positioned to go head to head with the Chrysler 300C. It’s big, bold and uniquely American. While this is an impractical approach to take for the whole Chevrolet lineup as some would like, we thought it suitable for the brand to have one large RWD sedan. That car is the Impala.

In the inside, a balance is struck between retro and modern. There’s a metallic/black piano wood center stack with navigation and modern switchgear. The lighting color selected for this interior is cool blue and prominent throughout the interior. Thin blue LED light piping is found on the center stack and on the edges of the metallic door panel pulls. Some of the innovative things done here in this interior is the retro-style door/dash joining which echoes how it was done in the past, especially during the 1960’s.

One of the concerns of a RWD Impala was CAFÉ. A RWD Impala would get worse fuel economy numbers then the FWD model. Mileage is a now a very big factor in GM’s new vehicle development programs, and this was a concern that had to be addressed. As such the Impala uses the Dual Mode hybrid system, mated to a detuned 3.6L 250HP HF V6/w Direct Injection. This will achieve some very good fuel economy numbers helping to offset the minimal increases by the other models in the line. The base model Impala, LS, starts at $29,450 and is powered by GM’s 3.6L HF making 265HP. Moving up to the LTZ, you get the same engine, making 35 more HP. No Impala lineup would be complete without an outrageous SS model. And the Impala SS is that car, powered by the 7.0L 550HP LS7 V8 found in the C7 Corvette.

This car has been the subject of much internal debate at GM as to it’s future. As well as in the minds of those on GMI, their future has been debated with much passion. Impala is certainly a car that (to a much lesser degree however) has an enthusiast base like the Camaro. Given this, we decided to make an compromise that would please fans, critics and mainstream consumers alike. Our Impala arrives in 2009 as a 2010 model, alongside the Aveo and Beat.

Specifications Sheet

Vehicle Type: Full-Size 4-Door RWD Sedan
[size=2][font=arial][b]Si

Old 11-28-2007 | 02:30 PM
Default RE: new rwd impala? have you seed this? !!!

Thank the lord. WOW, I love it. I knew that I would be due for a new car in 2010, and since the Monte is gone, being a Chevy guy, I was hoping for the "New" Impala to be impressive. This thing is that. Possibly they will have a 2 door, seems like an easy modification. I wonder what they would call the 2 door model. HA HA.

Go for it GM.

Old 11-28-2007 | 02:33 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

It looks real cool but it's too much like the new Camaro. That was the downfall of the chevy designs from the last couple of years - all the cars look too similar.

Old 11-28-2007 | 03:44 PM

I think the back half looks like a 300C. I don't "love" the looks of it, but with an LS7 it would be bad@$$!

Old 11-28-2007 | 04:59 PM
10 Year Member

I would have to agree with one of the previous posters. The whole car looks like a 300C with a modification here or ther. Regardless it's not a two door and it would never find it's way to my stable!

Old 11-28-2007 | 06:07 PM
rj
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Guess I'd better start saving for the new BelAir when it appears.

Old 11-28-2007 | 06:08 PM

Looks like a cross between a 300C and a Cadillac CTS to me. I'll be due for a new car in 2010, but it sure ain't gonna be one of these. [:'(]

Old 11-28-2007 | 08:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: rj

Guess I'd better start saving for the new BelAir when it appears.

Go for it RJ, I'm a long life Chevelle man!!!

Old 11-29-2007 | 02:18 AM

I agree with AwesomeSS. It looks way to much like the new camaro.

And the article says it competetion is the Magnum, but the Magnum has been cancelled. As well as three other Chrysler vehicles, seeing as they aren't doing so well right now.

I really hope the these pictures are more of a concept, and they change the styling up a bit. Cause to me, they all look like the same vehicle designs. Same lines and everything, just either two/four door, and the length changes up a bit. Just my opinion

Old 11-29-2007 | 02:30 AM

Ugly inside and out, the only draw is the LS7 - but they won't be able to let that out for less than 40k (I'll bet more) and at that point, I'd rather pony up a few extra bucks for the vette (which IS beautiful, like Maddy).

Quick Reply: new rwd impala? have you seed this? !!!