Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New Ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Default New Ride

On Sat. I will be getting a 66 Mustang Fastback. Getting it from a friend of the family. It's Red, with black interior, 4 speed, crager wheels, wider out back,with a 289 with headers and I believe header back Flowmaster exhaust. I can't wait we already have a 67 Mustang, auto, coupe that is pretty nice, restored 5 years agobut I've always loved the Fastback with the red/black combo, and an old car with a manual, don't get much better than that. Will have pics asap.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Default RE: New Ride

[align=center]Hi `Steven,[/align][align=center]I was just tak'in a break from the books, and jumped on the MCF to[/align][align=center]check for new posts : )[/align][align=center]WoW, you are a very lucky guy...Myneighbor had a 66 fastback when[/align][align=center]I was growing up, and he would take me for rides. (He inheirted it: )[/align][align=center] I was addicted : ).[/align][align=center]His had a factory 289 with 271 HP, 4-spd : )[/align][align=center]It was powerful, and he had a modified exhaust, and it was [/align][align=center]just Pure `Auto Power Music to my ears...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I can't wait to see your photo's, and a vid would really be a great[/align][align=center]`Santa present to the member's. I love cars, all cars, & you are gett'in[/align][align=center]a classic....You are a very lucky `man....4-$ure...EnJoy,[/align][align=center]and share/post the `super fun that you are hav'in with it.[/align][align=center]Below is a pic of a Mustang that was caught/captured/stolen by a SS Monte[/align][align=center]Carlo on the street's of the`web[/align][align=center] [:-] [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Man, that `Steven is really a lucky `Dooooooood ....,4-$ure [/align][align=center]Another Mustang, caught by a Monte Carlo SS : )[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 11-30-2007, 10:24 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds awesome - I love the fast back classic Stang!

Old 11-30-2007, 11:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Great news!

The only caviat I have with pony cars is that they were the early uni-body cars even though theyhad a full frame.

Takenote with the rear shock mounts where they are directly attached to the sheet metal and not the frame.

If the car was fully restored, they shock mounts were probably reinforced.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:35 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i luv the classic mustangs..... thats why i like these new ones. believe it or not.. they were my first choice for a car and I even considered waiting awhile for the price to go down before getting one. i considered the rest of my options and choose a car from the Chevy camp instead aren't you all proud of me

Old 11-30-2007, 05:16 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You're getting what??????????

So why aren't you buying a classic Chevy (say '57 Chevies are cool and before you go on about EVERYONE owns one of them consider the millions of stangs on the road today) instead of the classic Stang? Oh the pain here.

When I was about in 2rd grade the fastbacks hit the streets. A guy in my class had an older brother who bought a red fastback new (don't forget the rear panel of all fastbacks was originally flat black) and it was a nice car. It was new why shouldn't it have been?

The guy who grew up across the street from me his dad has blue oval blood in his veins. Not red blood.
This friend owned several Stangs over the years that I helped out on, on occassion.