Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Mustang

I spent a good part of this morning looking over the new Mustangs. I am not sure if anyone else has taken a closer look but I have to voice my opinion.

Needless to say I was not impressed.

Downs:

Uncomfortable: The front seat controls suck, very little leg room up front and there is absolutly no room in the back. Very little trunk space.

Cheap look & feel: The dash is plain jane flat, no real contours, nothing really to focus on. Plastic parts galore, it looks very fragile.

Up side: 4.6L V8 on the GT. 220HP for the V6.

V6 Model $20K GT $27 - $30K

Just my .02.....

Old 04-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Default RE: New Mustang

t personlly i think that your 2 cents is worth far more than the actual car itself. i am sure that all mc drivers would agree, right fellas...........

Old 04-21-2005, 05:29 PM

Funny you mention the back seats of the new mustang being so small. Check out the link below. This new GT was rear ended at 50mph and had there been anyone in the back they would be dead. The seats are small because they don't want anyone sitting back there.

Mustang Accident

Old 04-21-2005, 06:26 PM

Ouch.........

And it could not have happened to a Ricer vehicle... Oops... Did I say "Ricer"

lol

TVW

Old 04-21-2005, 11:41 PM

haha...the driver of that stang belongs to the mustang forum that amanda runs...shes ok, she had only had the car for like a week..lol..she already ordered a new one...

i do new car write ups for a living and ive already done the stang and GT500..im not impressed..

Old 04-21-2005, 11:59 PM

i do new car write ups for a living and ive already done the stang and GT500..im not impressed..
Do you write for a mag??

What's your professional opinion of the GTO??

TVW

Old 04-22-2005, 12:00 AM

is there anybody that can give me the link to that site cause i tried that one and couldn't see the video.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:02 AM

The link was to another forum with pics... You may have to login or register to see it.

TVW

Old 04-22-2005, 07:56 PM

i dont write for a mag...i write for an online company...its a long story...lol...i have done one on the 06 monte..it just hasnt gotten funneled through yet...i do about 5 or so a week...they are shorter than you would see in the big magazines like C&D or R&T...less opinion...i did the new hummer today...i provide just about any info a prespective buyer may want to know..like color choices, options, new features..powertrains available..so on...

i have not done the GTO yet...but i may...i hate the mustang, and while i am a dodge guy...the GTO tops my list of non-dodge cars that i would buy...i see alot of them around here..and driving the other way, i saw a bright yellow with the scoops and duals (aftermarket) and i revved to see what he would do, and from a 20 or so mph roll, he jumped it and roasted the tires...i think that they are very hot cars...alot of potential..however..if i was to get one..i would find a way to get the holden badges to be different..

Old 04-22-2005, 08:12 PM

Sounds like a pretty cool job there Patrick...

I fell in love with the GTO the first test drive, on a closed course mind you. I thought it was a much better car than even the new vette. Of course we had a nanny riding with us on the vette so i am sure if I were able to abuse it like we did the GTO my opinion would be a little different.

I am dead set on doing what ever it takes to get into a GTO after the Monte is paid off.

TVW

Quick Reply: New Mustang