Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New Computer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't use it on carpet, cloth, in your lap, etc without having some kind of stand to allow the air to flow underneath it. The problem is the GPU/Nvidia chip overheats and burns out, making the motherboard cycle on and off, on and off. But before that happens, usually the wireless and/or CD drive goes bad. Very common on DV2000, DV6000, DV9000 HP's. If you do get a replacement laptop, don't get an HP, Compaq, or Acer. They have the highest failure rates. If you need anything else, let me know. This has been John's 2 cents. Have a great day.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:01 PM

haha good luck with that but im not gonna lie it has completely changed my opinion. needed a macbook pro for school and ever since i refuse to go back to anything else even another operating system. Though i have partitioned my hard drive so i do have a Microsoft section due to the fact that i need to use some of them for work. but you cant have both worlds with a different machine. Though it rang in about 3k it was the best money i have ever spent technology wise still runs like the day i bought her

Old 07-07-2012, 10:03 PM

and for those who say it is junk. im sorry you can not afford one, but your so so soso wrong. Im sorry for your ignorance

Old 07-07-2012, 10:09 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive used Mac computers & i hate em, nothing comes close to my old Alienware laptop with the i7

Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 PM

maybe game wise but i am in the graphic design Animation field and without a mac you wouldn't get results that render like these do Alienware are great machines im not gonna lie, but the operating system in my opinion in which we are all entitled to our own is still not up to my standards

Old 07-07-2012, 10:18 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I never played games on it, i just hate everything Apple used alot of there products & never was happy with any of em, we all got preferences though

Old 07-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteSSS
and for those who say it is junk. im sorry you can not afford one, but your so so soso wrong. Im sorry for your ignorance
this post says ignorance all over it.

For the price of a base mac, I would rather buy an Asus with way better hardware.

Macs are COMPLETE JUNK for the price compared to similar priced Windows computers.

I'm not typing up the whole comparison again, but for the price of an Apple computer, you could get an Asus with an i7 (mac has i5), 8gb memory (mac has a whopping 4gb). What you're paying for when getting a Mac is exactly that, the name Mac and a cute little apple. When you get an Asus what are you paying for? Excellent hardware, performance and build quality.

Also, try upgrading anything on your mac and have fun paying for each OS update that is basically required for every new program.... I can still use XP and Vista for most programs out today.

So.... leprechaun, my vote goes towards an Asus or HP or similar, something with an aluminum body. My HP Elitebook outperforms my girlfriend MacBook all day. I like being able to run video editing software along with photo editing software, various tabs open in chrome, outlook and itunes, when my girlfriend can only run a select two. My Elitebook was also $500 less

Old 07-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I operate a computer store, fanboy. Don't get butthurt.

Apple isn't as awesome as you thought now, is it?

One thing I don't get - you have all this money, why do you drive a 2001 Monte Carlo?

Last edited by nitehawkjcb; 07-08-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That ain't cool....

To the rest of you thanks ill read thinks over tomorrow

Old 07-08-2012, 05:07 AM

Sticky: Your words paint the picture of you ( 1 2)
Space

Peace/Happiness from `Space

Quick Reply: New Computer?