Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

New Camaro's Competitor : )

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Camaro's Competitor : )

[:-]First official 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 teaser pics! [:-]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Click below link for source/more+
[align=center][/align]
[:-]
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Member's, What do you Think ?
[align=center][/align]
[sm=feedback.gif]
[/align]

Old 12-09-2007, 10:21 AM
Default RE: New Camaro's Competitor : )

`Santa, if you are still a member of the MCF, the below is my choice, my `dream [:-]

[8D]I promise to be really, really Good 4-Real
Thanks

Old 12-09-2007, 12:37 PM

i think it looks like mopar copied the camaro they look to alike to me

Old 12-09-2007, 01:00 PM

[align=center][:-]Below information found & submitted by the BeachRiver`Bum's [:-][/align]

[align=center]
[hr]
[/align]

[align=center]The first rumors were saying that the new Dodge Challenger was going to be available in 2009, but it has been confirmed that the new Dodge Challenger will be available for the model year of 2008.[/align][align=center][:-][/align]
2008 Dodge Challenger 392 Super Stock Concept
[align=center]At this year’s SEMA auto show Chrysler released another 2008 Challenger concept car. Introducing the Dodge Challenger 392 Super Stock concept car. This car features the rebith of the legendary 392 Hemi. This new engine sports between 525hp and 540hp! The Challenger SS concept sports a tritone paint job. It has white as the base paint. Then the top half of the Challenger is a bright blue. Finially it sports a stripe down the side of the car that resembles the 1970 T/A Challenger’s stripe or the 1971 Dodge Challenger’s R/T stripe. Without the “R/T†and “T/A†lettering though.[/align][align=center]The 392 Dodge Challenger also shows some cosmetic changes from the original 2008 Dodge Challenger concept. The front bumper is pushed out a little farther, probably to help with crash safety tests. Also the fog lights have changed to a more practiacal production version.[/align][align=center]So will we see the new Challenger equipped with the 392 Hemi? Well with the competing 500hp Ford Mustang and the new Camaro coming out, I can’t see how Dodge could afford not to. For the new Challenger to compete they need more than just awesome cosmetics. They need to excel in performance, too. Even more important then performance, though, will be the price that they set. And if they offer a V6 version to get the car into main circulation.[/align][align=center][:-]
[/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][center]
[URL=http://www.stockm

Old 12-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Richard... No way... The challenger looks like a 1973 cuda, and is BAD ****! inside & out. The camaro looks closer to an XLR than a Camaro of old. Chrysler & Ford both did a much better job at design than GM did, but that is nothing new... Chrysler has had the best looking products out for the past few years. GM's designs are blah, and boring... The only good thing is, GM cars are holding their value better, which goes to speak of their quality. GM = solid built & boring designs. Chrysler = Hot Design & repair nightmares. Ford = Middle of the road, ok design, ok reliability.

Take our Monte Carlos... From the back, the Monte looks Bad ****! From the Side they look Cool, But from the front... BLAH, See one GM car, you have seen them all... BORING!!! Have a LS or SS, looks the same. The SS should LOOK MEAN and BAD ****, but it could be your Mom & Dad's Impala. In fact the SS Impala has a Meaner Look than a Monte Carlo. SS should have scoops or cowl hoodsand bigger blacked out grills.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:16 PM

[:-]WoW - The PowerPlant [:-]
[:-]aaaah, the GM Awesome design [:-]
Click the below link for more/pic's/facts/power
[:-]

Old 12-09-2007, 01:54 PM

From what I have read you cant touch the SRT8 for under 50k just like the GT500, dealerships are going to add an addition 20k to the retail. Theselimited editions will keep it out of the price range of you and I.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I've always been a GM guy, but I've got to admit the new Challenger is a pretty dam nice car. Inside and out. I could've heard wrong, but I heard that the new Challenger was patterned after the 1970 Challenger. And the fact that it resembles a Camaro is because the 1970 was styled like a Camaro. I don't know how true that is, but that's what some of the so-called auto experts were saying on tv.
I guess it makes sense for Chrysler to try and beat GM to the punch by releasing the Challenger before the Camaro comes out. But once they're both out, the battle of the muscle cars is back on after too many years of watered down sportscar wanna be's. Too bad about the sticker prices though. I think the high prices may causethe first couple model years to be owned by corporate execs. Only to be driven parade-style cruising city streets at 30mph.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:48 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Challenger has the Camaro in my eyes.... it has since the first prototypes.... and face it Chevy people, they are all trying to copy Ford's success with the retro Mustangs.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:03 PM

my god id love to have one of those, i watched all the vids of it online and good god that thing was beyond awesome. if i ever get rich i will be a owner

Quick Reply: New Camaro's Competitor : )